Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 9th February 2010, 18:29   #1
1ntense
Regular Poster

Car(s): VTR
1ntense is on a distinguished road
Default new car - poss leaking oil through oil breather? not idling correctly?

Been having a few probs with the car my new car, I only got it on Monday so not ideal. I sitting at the petrol station today about to put some fuel in when the revs started going up and down, its been happening on and off since, it idled fine before then.

I took it to a couple of garages, one said could be the egk something or other (not sure that was what he said, was 3 letters with an e in it) or mass air flow? It didnt sound as if he knew really. Also said could be something clogged in an injector, its had an oil breather fitted, he said it might be leaking oil as there was oil on his hand that looked fresh as if it had been leaking after he touched it, I cant be sure that it is leaking though. The guy I bought it from said he topped it up with oil that day, first thing the first garage checked was the oil level, said was next to none in it, lucky I went in when I did really. Topped it up but not sure how long it will last if its leaking which Im not sure it is.

Anyone know what might be wrong? I would like to fit a standard air box but wouldnt have a clue how to, its got a K&N induction kit on it, sounds a bit complicated to fit as one of the guys from the garage said that the hose that the oil breather is on is supposed to be connected to the air box.

Not sure what to do or what might be wrong

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Danny
1ntense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 20:09   #2
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

1st off get down to Halfords & buy a piece of rubber hose take off the oil breather get 2 jubilee clips put 1 end of the hose with a clip onto the rocker cover the other connect to the outlet on the tubing coming from the throttle body(there should be 1 at the front for the breather pipe to go into).Not having this breather hose is probably why your leaking oil.

Steve.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 20:27   #3
1ntense
Regular Poster

Car(s): VTR
1ntense is on a distinguished road

dont think I would attempt that myself tbh, not even sure I understand as I dont know where the throttle body is or the rocker cover lol

thanks for answering though lol
1ntense is offline   Reply With Quote