Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 31st March 2010, 07:59   #1
barkingmad

Car(s): A saxo sx automatic 1587cc colour Blue
barkingmad is on a distinguished road
Question How much oil ?

I have a saxo sx automatic
3 door 1587cc
It seems to drink oil [ empty within 4 wks] but I can not find any leaks under the car.
She running fine..well up until yesterday anyway.
I have a keypad to start her but yesterday she just wouldn't start. I have lights on the dash so I dont think its the battery. A friend said might be starter motor.
If these are both expensive repairs would it be worth my while getting them done or shall I just look for another car.
I dont have much money as it is but would prefer to spend it on the better option.
barkingmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2010, 08:51   #2
Docsamty
Frequent Poster

Car(s): S1 Rallye
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Docsamty is on a distinguished road

If theres no leaks any-where then chances are your burning oil. Does a bit of blue smoke come from the exhaust when running?
If so then your piston rings are becoming worn, and allowing oil into the cylinder bore, which inturn gets burnt along with the fuel air mix, giving off bblue smoke, and using up all of your oil.

As for not starting, Does the engine crank over at all, or just absolutelt nothing?
Sam.
Old 31st March 2010, 09:28   #3
barkingmad

Car(s): A saxo sx automatic 1587cc colour Blue
barkingmad is on a distinguished road

yesterday it was dead..but I just went out and turned over straight away so god knows whats going on..
As for smoke I haven't noticed any to be honest.
I'm just hoping the car is safe to drive? I think I'm going mad right now.
I used to have a garage. so I would have noticed any oil on the floor.
Also this morning I had a puddle of water inside the car on my foot mat..It was raining heavy last night so I'm hoping it is just that. Maybe it leaked in.
I just wish I knew some one who could have a look and say OK Deb this is what is wrong and this is how much to fix it.
At the moment I have no idea .
I need my car for work but if its going to cost loads then maybe I should look for another car. I only have £300 and finding an automatic is hard.
Sorry if I'm rambleing. The move has cleaned me out and now the car is playing up.
I dont know what to do?
barkingmad is offline   Reply With Quote