Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 10th October 2006, 21:49   #1
180sax

Car(s): gt turbo and current car is saxovts
180sax is on a distinguished road
Question Vts With Cams

hi everyone i was just wondering what the bhp would be if you stuck fast road cams on a mrk 2 vts with just an air filter and s s exhaust cause ive just had them fitted and i was just wondering if anyone new before i get it tested
180sax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2006, 21:50   #2
ets2k9
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon Cupra R
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
ets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant future

With a remap you would be looking at the 160bhp (with decat + manifold) mark but I dont think they have a great effect on there own.

Others will correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by ets2k9; 10th October 2006 at 21:51. Reason: missed out some info
ets2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2006, 22:00   #3
fredjudd
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR full Janspeed exhuast (4-2
fredjudd has a spectacular aura aboutfredjudd has a spectacular aura about

Cams without a re map will give 5bhp max. But you could see 160 with a nice exhuast on there aswell. 150 is prob more realistic but it depends on what duration cam you go for.

Bear in mind that the bigger duration cam you go for greatly affects the way the car will drive. Big cams mean you will have to rev the engine loads to get the power. So driving it normally it hard.

All 1.1 owners are noobs...
fredjudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2006, 22:01   #4
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

not a great deal, you need a map to see the reals gains as you ecu is altered. what cams are they? can you feel much difference?
bullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2006, 22:47   #5
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

Car(s): pulsar gtir, mk4 astra sxi
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!

3 plugs dont normally make as much as single plug ecu cars. mine is 151.4bhp with 708s, changing exhaust though from powerflow to OMP so that may help a little.
it pulls really hard though so i wouldnt worry too much about your figure, i was stuck to the rear bumper of an integra type r last night so that shows how much it improves the engine
williamsvts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2006, 23:32   #6
180sax

Smile

my car pulls realy well all they way from the bottom of the rev range to the top and it has got a decat and they gave it a remap to get it running right. I would like to get supercharged but im not sure if i sure if i should get it chipped first
Old 10th October 2006, 23:34   #7
180sax

there fast piper fast road cams
Old 10th October 2006, 23:35   #8
fredjudd
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR full Janspeed exhuast (4-2
fredjudd has a spectacular aura aboutfredjudd has a spectacular aura about

chipped or remap? either one will be rendered useless if you supercharge it. As the ECU needs to be mapped according to the mods to get the best gains.

All 1.1 owners are noobs...
fredjudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2006, 23:45   #9
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!williamsvts is absolutely fabulous!

why would you chip it after they remapped it? are you sure they mapped it and not just set the cam timing?
Old 10th October 2006, 23:53   #10
williamsvts
Saxperience Post Whore
North East Region Member

also, whats your rev limit at?
Old 11th October 2006, 08:28   #11
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): LY R26
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

how much for say Kent PT51's (theyre fast road cams i think) and an ECU re-map for a VTS?
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2006, 08:46   #12
CampDavid
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Saxo VTS Peugeot 306 GTI-6 Astra SRI
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!

about 850 + fitting the cams, say 1100
CampDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2006, 08:56   #13
Karl
Saxperience Hardcore!
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): LY R26
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!Karl is absolutely fabulous!

ouch; not for ages then
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2006, 21:43   #14
180sax

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsvts View Post
why would you chip it after they remapped it? are you sure they mapped it and not just set the cam timing?
i think they did citunning did the work and they said they had problems when they were doing it because it kept on locking them out if you know what they mean
Old 11th October 2006, 22:02   #15
ets2k9
Saxperience Post Whore
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Seat Leon Cupra R
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
ets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant futureets2k9 has a brilliant future

Williams - Let me know how you get on with the OMP as thats on my wish list although I'm not loving the pea shooter tailpipe.
ets2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2006, 22:21   #16
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

if it was mapped then you would know your bhp as its on the rollers. so they either chipped it or just set the cam timing.
bullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2006, 23:15   #17
180sax

il find out exacley what they did when they had it i had the cams done when i had the engine fitted so i only now what they told me on the phone