Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Closed Thread

Old 13th February 2010, 08:47   #1
deks36
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 307, Nissan Juke, 206 Grand tourisme
iTrader Score: 83 (100%)
deks36 is on a distinguished road
Default scammers

just noticed someone(littleracer) has listed all the known scammrs in his signature which i think is reasonable may i suggest that in the for sale and wanted section a sticky is placed that is entitled current known(believed) scammers for all to see. Now i know this wont stop them as they will just go elsewhere or re join in another id but may help
Old 13th February 2010, 16:19   #2
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Legally you have to be very careful with having 'official' lists of scammers, people do seem to be reporting things using the section that is now there for it.
Old 13th February 2010, 18:30   #3
littleracer
Trouble Maker
South East Region Member

Car(s): black citroen saxo mk2 & focus ST '225',merc C180
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!

The reason i put it in my sig is because,although there is a scam section, not everyone would read it before buying.
I think the site can do alot more then it is ATM, ie putting i the scammers sig that theres a dispute being dealt with so buyers need to be aware.
Not everyone reads, leaves itrader also.
If someone has put a dispute up, and it seems a reasonable case then there can be no legal backfire on the site.

The way i see it, the site admin/owners have put in place a plan to cut down on scamming, but it's not working.

100 posts and 30 days of being on the site or just premium membership for 10 quid or what ever it is now isn't much of a deterant.
They just need to scam one person to make that ten pounds back and pocket a hefty 'profit'.

I will keep my list updated as much as i can, if i miss any updates then someone please notify me of changes and i will edit me signature.
Old 13th February 2010, 20:02   #4
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

Delete the for sale section IMO....problem solved.

awaits abuse from pathetic e warriors lol
Old 14th February 2010, 02:36   #5
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Probably is everyone wants something for nothing. If they don't get ripped off on here they will be ripped off on other pages. There are steps to help people such as the iTrader system, the 100 posts and the warnings against scammers. But really it comes down to the buyer.
Old 14th February 2010, 09:24   #6
deks36
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleracer View Post
The reason i put it in my sig is because,although there is a scam section, not everyone would read it before buying.
I think the site can do alot more then it is ATM, ie putting i the scammers sig that theres a dispute being dealt with so buyers need to be aware.
Not everyone reads, leaves itrader also.
If someone has put a dispute up, and it seems a reasonable case then there can be no legal backfire on the site.

The way i see it, the site admin/owners have put in place a plan to cut down on scamming, but it's not working.

100 posts and 30 days of being on the site or just premium membership for 10 quid or what ever it is now isn't much of a deterant.
They just need to scam one person to make that ten pounds back and pocket a hefty 'profit'.

I will keep my list updated as much as i can, if i miss any updates then someone please notify me of changes and i will edit me signature.
i am with you on this which is why i suggested the sticky at the top I cant see the issue with user id's i understand personal data cant be posted
it is the buyer sellers responsablitiy to ebsure there transaction is safe i just feel the more that can be done to deter scammers the better for us all
Old 14th February 2010, 11:06   #7
Mochachino
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oyster card
iTrader Score: 41 (100%)
Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!Mochachino is absolutely fabulous!

I think on the left where the stars are for ths member and the title 'saxperience forum bum, or Moderator' etc you should have scammer.
Old 14th February 2010, 11:14   #8
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

this may not work but can there be a guide to buying at the top of every for sale advert?

There are buyers who just don't even take basic precautions when making a purchase and maybe some big red instructions at the top of each ad might help.

The biggest problem with the internet is that people can make payments without knowing the sellers name / address or contact details.

Last edited by KamRacing; 14th February 2010 at 11:17.
Old 14th February 2010, 11:57   #9
deks36
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
this may not work but can there be a guide to buying at the top of every for sale advert?

There are buyers who just don't even take basic precautions when making a purchase and maybe some big red instructions at the top of each ad might help.

The biggest problem with the internet is that people can make payments without knowing the sellers name / address or contact details.
agreed
Old 14th February 2010, 15:17   #10
littleracer
Trouble Maker
South East Region Member

Car(s): black citroen saxo mk2 & focus ST '225',merc C180
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!littleracer is a great team player!

Quote:
Originally Posted by db_sax View Post
I think on the left where the stars are for ths member and the title 'saxperience forum bum, or Moderator' etc you should have scammer.
that is a good idea. something else the mods can look into IMHO.
Old 14th February 2010, 15:45   #11
-Alex-
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf mk2
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
-Alex- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleracer View Post
that is a good idea. something else the mods can look into IMHO.
I mentioned this to James a few weeks back. Maybe he can shed some light on it?
Old 14th February 2010, 15:57   #12
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Alex- View Post
I mentioned this to James a few weeks back. Maybe he can shed some light on it?
Yes you did Alex....i hadnt forgotten.

I did mention this to more experienced members of staff who also agreed it was a very good idea, however i was told it could be hard to implement....you also have to be careful who you go calling names as it could be seen as slander.

This IMO is a very very hard problem to solve.
Old 14th February 2010, 16:02   #13
kristel10589
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J222JRA View Post

I did mention this to more experienced members of staff who also agreed it was a very good idea, however i was told it could be hard to implement....you also have to be careful who you go calling names as it could be seen as slander.

agreed, simple way though is, if someone has been waiting more the say 14 days and/or someoe posts in the scammers bit then that classes as a scammer.

Although mango wes took 3 months to eventually post the parcel, it should still count as a scammer as he had someone elses money for 3 months before the person got his goods.
after the person got his stuff then the title should go from scammer to warning or previous scammer maybe with a lik to the thread?

^ posted by littleracer
Old 14th February 2010, 16:03   #14
-Alex-
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Golf mk2
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
-Alex- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by J222JRA View Post

Yeah that's the only problem. Only way you could properly implement it is to have solid evidence like M****_w*s who addmited it freely.

Last edited by J222JRA; 14th February 2010 at 18:04.
Old 14th February 2010, 18:05   #15
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Closed....as requested by deks36
Closed Thread