Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 8th July 2007, 18:30   #1
2000vtr
Regular Poster

iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
2000vtr is infamous around these parts2000vtr is infamous around these parts
Default What do ya think eh

What do you think about trying to reach 140 to 150 horses from a VTR.

Note to you 16v lot.... no i do not want to get a 16v then ill already have 120horses.

I want to be different and stay 8valve....

Inaway, my engine already has enough breathing mods to handlewhat ever i throw at it meaning both exhaust and airfilter.

But while doing all this i never forgot about brakes ect so i ugraded the disks and Pads , a Pair of ozultraleggera 15s with toyo R1s and also will be lowered 40 maybe 45mm useing SPAX all around

my vtr is/was the 90 horses version but im sure its around 100 now with the manifold,decat,centre section all custm made of course.

now i am wanting to use N/A arts to reach my target so things on my lit to get me there are as such

port and polish head.
cams with comlete new everything all seals springs ect.
bigger injectors
standalone magagement
bigger/better rad to keep the temp down
vts geabox

think that will get me near 145 horses or wishfull thinking lol
2000vtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2007, 18:40   #2
vtcarl
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): E86 Z4 3.0 si coupe
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
vtcarl is a jewel in the roughvtcarl is a jewel in the roughvtcarl is a jewel in the roughvtcarl is a jewel in the rough

tbh 140-150 with those mods may be a little far fetched. may get 120-130. i could be wrong though. but try it and see what you get and report back.
vtcarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2007, 18:42   #3
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

wishfull thinking mate
Old 8th July 2007, 18:45   #4
BENSAX3
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): under age
BENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant futureBENSAX3 has a brilliant future

throttle bodies and what you mentioned may if not some one will say
Old 8th July 2007, 18:51   #5
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

if you have around 4-5 grand then yeah
Old 8th July 2007, 18:52   #6
2000vtr
Regular Poster

i just need to get a head and a guy i know is going to do what he can with it for buttons , then while he has it get him to stick in some cams in.

DTA is my local garages choice of management,

what else can i try to increase the horses
Old 8th July 2007, 18:53   #7
2000vtr
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit View Post

lol that will get me far more than 140 horses tho wouldnt it 200+ easy
Old 8th July 2007, 18:55   #8
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

not NA it wont
Old 8th July 2007, 19:03   #9
Steovts
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Vts
Steovts will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000vtr View Post
port and polish head.
cams with comlete new everything all seals springs ect.
bigger injectors
standalone magagement
bigger/better rad to keep the temp down
vts geabox
Good luck with it mate hope you get it.
How do you p+p head?
And how do you get bigger injectors?
Steovts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2007, 19:19   #10
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
lol that will get me far more than 140 horses tho wouldnt it 200+ easy
youll have to let us all know how
Old 8th July 2007, 19:33   #11
Nick_T
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): 8valve tbh
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!Nick_T is absolutely fabulous!

haha, this site is filling up with people thinking they can get ridiculous power figures out of small cars...

at the end of the day, they are small cars and are not meant to have stupid amounts of power and that is the reason they havent to start with...

in the quest for more power ... BUY SOMETHING BETTER
C2 GT 1.6i | HID's | 4" magnex full system | boss hyper black 17" alloys | Kumho Rubber | Spax RSX coilovers | BMC & samco | GMC s/s manifold | ECU re-map by Angel Tuning |Brembo's 4 pots 305mm x 28mm|rear 20 groove discs| 125bhp / 123.7 lb ft @5761rpm | **FCS BEST C2 2008**
Nick_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2007, 19:33   #12
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullit View Post
I think with that amount of cash and by NA tuning you should be able to get close to 140bhp possibly.

Certainly need to do a little more than you've planned so far as that might just get you past standard VTS territory.
willsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2007, 19:38   #13
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

you will need throttlebodies and a big fat race cam, high compression and probably forged pistons to cope..
Trim that bulkhead bit so you can run long trumpets and see wha that makes.
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2007, 19:39   #14
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

lol! i really do find the dreamers on this site getting worse day by day, if its not people who say they can turbo a car on bodies for £500 its people who think that its easy to get huge power out of 8vs with minimal work.

You will need lots spent on an 8v to hit good power, which is why most people ditch the sewingmachine and buy a proper engine.

If you want 8v power, you will need a lairy cam, which in most cases will mean the need of ITBs.

You also dont just add up power like max power says a manifold doesnt = 5bhp and exhaust 3 and a filter 2 for example, all mods work as a unit and react differently depending on the state of tune of the engine.
Old 9th July 2007, 09:24   #15
smearsvtr
Established Member
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo 1.1 96 Saxo VTR 2000
smearsvtr is a name known to allsmearsvtr is a name known to allsmearsvtr is a name known to allsmearsvtr is a name known to allsmearsvtr is a name known to allsmearsvtr is a name known to all

super charge it m8
smearsvtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 10:03   #16
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

lol i love how people say "this site".

People blind to the fact all sites have them? including ssc.

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 10:05   #17
CampDavid
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Saxo VTS Peugeot 306 GTI-6 Astra SRI
CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
lol i love how people say "this site".

People blind to the fact all sites have them? including ssc.
No one mentioned the SSC Scott

This site is worse for it than most tbh. The SSC isn't as bad, but that's more down to the fact that people in the tech sections of the SSC explode at people who come on with crazy ideas, whereas they get some air time here
Old 9th July 2007, 10:08   #18
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

no one had to mention ssc for it to be seen as a comparison

I remember when all forums were full of these crazy ideas like drilled airboxes and octane boost adding 12million bhp.

Those were better days all round i think

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2007, 10:15   #19
CampDavid
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Saxo VTS Peugeot 306 GTI-6 Astra SRI
CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!CampDavid is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
I remember when all forums were full of these crazy ideas like drilled airboxes and octane boost adding 12million bhp.

Those were better days all round i think
ahh yes, those were the days

Flux capasitors, Powerboost valves and all other kinds of tat. Happy, innocent times...
Old 9th July 2007, 10:18   #20
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

so a flux capacitor wont improve my hp?

FUCK.
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote