Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 16th September 2007, 15:27   #1
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!
Default Rolling Road Database

Not sure if this has been mentioned in the past, should have a seperate section with a sort of database.

So will have a list of mods spec of car etc, then the rolling road figures and the option to upload their graphs.

Similar to what i have suggested in teh past about user garage with photos etc instead of a massive progress thread, but would be nice to have this seperate, just for instance i was looking today and strugglign to find rolling road figures!

Just be nice to have it there so can easily compare

Only a though
Old 16th September 2007, 15:45   #2
Jazz
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): CLS63 AMG
Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!

Sounds good, my S is totally standard at the mo but will be getting it on the rollers before I start my modifying (hopefully this week sometime!) and review my progress from there... would love to see what facts and figures the other members have achieved with the work they've done on their cars.
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 18:03   #3
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!

Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_360 View Post
Sounds good, my S is totally standard at the mo but will be getting it on the rollers before I start my modifying (hopefully this week sometime!) and review my progress from there... would love to see what facts and figures the other members have achieved with the work they've done on their cars.
thats why i wanted it, as am planning on cams etc and would be easier with a database sort of thing to see what people are getting with what mods
Old 16th September 2007, 19:14   #4
Jazz
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): CLS63 AMG
Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_VTS View Post
thats why i wanted it, as am planning on cams etc and would be easier with a database sort of thing to see what people are getting with what mods
Agreed mate, thats a cracking idea
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 20:48   #5
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

for a start it wouldnt really be of use unless everyone used the same rolling road.

due to the fact alot of roads are calibrated differently, and in a few cases are run in the wrong gear.
add that that each engine is variable and it could cause more arguments than good to be honest.

Im compiling a list of rolling roads and mappers currently, but it Is hard to compair cars as each ones different, and two cars could have exactly the same power but on different rollers have huge differences.

just mentioning that because it could potentially cause alot of arguments.
Old 16th September 2007, 20:52   #6
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
for a start it wouldnt really be of use unless everyone used the same rolling road.

due to the fact alot of roads are calibrated differently, and in a few cases are run in the wrong gear.
add that that each engine is variable and it could cause more arguments than good to be honest.

Im compiling a list of rolling roads and mappers currently, but it Is hard to compair cars as each ones different, and two cars could have exactly the same power but on different rollers have huge differences.

just mentioning that because it could potentially cause alot of arguments.
it could but it would give us a rough idea, there wouldnt be room for comments. Just the option to add your graphs, info where it was mappd and spec of car, and dont give people teh option to comment, i know what your saying but its to give a general idea
Old 16th September 2007, 21:21   #7
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

just seen on alot of forums arguments happen when bhp figures come up off rolling roads. like when people have 170bhp 16v engines with just breathing mods etc....

just trying to keep arguments over stuff like that to a minimum.
Old 17th September 2007, 18:40   #8
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
just seen on alot of forums arguments happen when bhp figures come up off rolling roads. like when people have 170bhp 16v engines with just breathing mods etc....

just trying to keep arguments over stuff like that to a minimum.
yeah but if people cant comment then it wont get to that stage really....
I do see your point as in some cases people do start to argue.
Everything has pros and cons

For example when someone posts a pic of a shit saxo people argue over that, so does that mean we shouldnt have the option to upload photos of our cars in future?

Not having a dig if it sounds like just putting both sides into a bit on context lol

Last edited by Steve; 17th September 2007 at 18:46.
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 18:51   #9
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!

forgot about the yours car section, something like that should be re done, but users can update it rather then sending the deeds to simo