Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 22nd August 2005, 20:27   #1
DevilDamo
Saxperience Addict
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!

on surrey modified, the administrators have come up with a solution of reducing the amount of daily chit chat on the forums. they have created a chat dialog system, which is like an msn program.

it has turned out to be very successful and i also think its something that could or should be considered here (following on from the two threads in 'general chat')

it can be used for topics like...

"hi, whats everyone up to today"
"what did you do over the weekend"
"what are you up to tonight"

etc...
DevilDamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2005, 23:43   #2
hannahf05
L-plater

hannahf05 is on a distinguished road

Good Idea Damo !
hannahf05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2005, 23:45   #3
higgzy03
Established Member
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 Quiksilver owned Peugeot 106 Roland g
higgzy03 is on a distinguished road

that is defo a good idea espically after some of the threads today

2007 isn't a new episode its a whole new series
higgzy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2005, 00:01   #4
Markp
SAXP Code Monkey

Mark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud of

This idea has been suggested a few times in the past (search back in this forum).

There are benefits but there are also drawbacks. MSN does a great job, why re-invent the wheel?

Feedback welcomed tho!

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it" - Upton Sinclair
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2005, 00:07   #5
Gav
Established Member
North East Region Member

Location: Bishop Auckland North East United Kingdom (England)
Car(s): clio 172 ph2
Gav has a spectacular aura aboutGav has a spectacular aura aboutGav has a spectacular aura about

could u not use a prog called mirc or such like.
http://www.mirc.com/
i haved used it for a good few years now. good for chit chat and games.
Gav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2005, 00:15   #6
Markp
SAXP Code Monkey

Mark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud ofMark has much to be proud of

MIRC, MSN Messenger, AOL Messenger (shudder), Yahoo Messenger, Trillion, GAIM, Skype, blah blah...

There are loads out there, take your pick.

My main point is that rather than try to emulate something that's already out there (and consume loads of sax-p's bandwidth) I'd prefer sax-p to concentrate on developing more in terms of quality content.

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it" - Upton Sinclair
Old 23rd August 2005, 05:14   #7
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark
AOL Messenger (shudder)
LMFBO! © sax-p

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2005, 07:12   #8
Markp
SAXP Code Monkey

Yikes, it's AIM isn't it (I messed up).

Still wouldn't touch it with yours...

Old 23rd August 2005, 16:14   #9
DevilDamo
Saxperience Addict

DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!DevilDamo is absolutely fabulous!

i know we have msn messenger, etc... but then why do people still come on the forums and ask the questions i have just posted (in my original post).

its because those people probably cannot get access to msn. maybe the employers have blocked it, etc...

these persons include...

hanny_lou
krissy_bufton
chrissaxouk

there are many many more but i just gave examples of people who cant get access to msn during the day.
Old 23rd August 2005, 16:18   #10
saxx
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): A4 S Line SE 170
saxx will become famous soon enoughsaxx will become famous soon enough

its been tried on other forums and people dont use it
Old 23rd August 2005, 16:57   #11
DevilDamo
Saxperience Addict

we have it on surrey modified and it has proved to be very successful.

it could be there for people to use. if they dont use it, then there would be no spamming because those individuals would not be bothered to go into the chat dialog.
Old 23rd August 2005, 22:48   #12
Markp
SAXP Code Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDamo
why do people still come on the forums and ask the questions i have just posted (in my original post).
The Posting and You! thread in general chat sums that one up. The Saxperience forums have a Search option (although I've never known anyone to use it).

Live chat is not something that Saxperience will be hosting for as long as I can forsee. I believe there is (or was) a Web version of MSN Messenger (which will allow people access so long as they have a browser) - although I've never used it.

Old 25th August 2005, 19:07   #13
DevilDamo
Saxperience Addict

i didnt mean technical problems mark. just the basic ones that are usually put up after a weekend. not really any point in doing a search on these as they will be different each week
Old 27th August 2005, 19:37   #14
RIBstaff
Established Member

RIBstaff is on a distinguished road

personally i think you shouldnt change a thing at this minute, just need a few more members if anything
RIBstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2005, 18:31   #15
DevilDamo
Saxperience Addict

talking about incorportating it into v4 rich as we all know that there will be no 'major' changes before then.