Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Saxperience Announcements & Updates

Saxperience Announcements & Updates Saxperience is continually evolving and adapting. Notices introducing / explaining changes to the functionality of the community will be posted within this forum.

Closed Thread

Old 7th October 2008, 01:37   #201
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): 08 Golf TDI
Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_W View Post
You dont get it do you ? Then again you allready have me down as someone who hates general chat, having a laugh and joining in with the banter. It might come as a shock to you that i spend 90% of my time in general chat reading posts and laughing at some of the stuff thats posted. The reason i didnt join in is because i knew for a fact that if i did i would get neg repped to death by the big boy's.
If me not joining in with the banter bothers both you and Japman then dont worry, your going to see a lot more of me from now on

Tim
all that time you harped on about it only being rep....was bollocks really.

youve just told us that you havent been yourself because you feared neg rep...pretty sad...

nice to see youve grew a pair since the reps gone though...

good luck to you if it ever returns...
Old 7th October 2008, 01:38   #202
djrem
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): Various.
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

I miss Gazzza.
Old 7th October 2008, 01:39   #203
Japman
Saxperience Addict
South Wales Region MemberNorth Wales Region Member

Car(s): Spam Wagon
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!

where has he gone
Old 7th October 2008, 01:39   #204
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!Jacko is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrem View Post
I miss Gazzza.
yea...he was banter city...
Old 7th October 2008, 01:40   #205
Nathan
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): !RXV ASROC
Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
all that time you harped on about it only being rep....was bollocks really.

youve just told us that you havent been yourself because you feared neg rep...pretty sad...

nice to see youve grew a pair since the reps gone though...

good luck to you if it ever returns...
Look guys its no good getting up about this at each other throats, this is the internet, you dont have to get on with each other, and hopefully it shouldnt worry you that much what the other says, rise above it, keyboard warriors FTL

Corsa = Chavs Out Racing Saxo's Again
Old 7th October 2008, 01:41   #206
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrem View Post
I miss Gazzza.
his intellect was an inspiration to me...
Old 7th October 2008, 01:41   #207
Jacko
Saxperience Addict

im just currious to see what little timmy is gonna bring to the table with his new found testicles....
Old 7th October 2008, 01:54   #208
djrem
Saxperience Addict

djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!djrem is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japman View Post
where has he gone
he died. Jimo got a letter or something from his mum.

Tim_W is a troll.
Every thread i bump into him he automatically holds a mirror opinion to the norm.

Im a hetrosexual. Its the norm.
Old 7th October 2008, 01:54   #209
Tim_W
Frequent Poster
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): MK1 Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!Tim_W is as cool as a cucumber!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
im just currious to see what little timmy is gonna bring to the table with his new found testicles....
When it comes to giving people like you shit then yeah neg rep was the killer but i allways came up with the goods when it was needed. All your rep whore friends would be able to take away what bit of rep i had in one go. Seeing as rep was used to judge people back then i had to be carefull, a few red blobs could make or break a person and i had a reputation to up-hold .

Tim
Old 7th October 2008, 01:58   #210
Nathan
Established Member

Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!Nathan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_W View Post
When it comes to giving people like you shit then yeah neg rep was the killer but i allways came up with the goods when it was needed. All your rep whore friends would be able to take away what bit of rep i had in one go. Seeing as rep was used to judge people back then i had to be carefull, a few red blobs could make or break a person and i had a reputation to up-hold .

Tim
Not sure if your being sarcastic there but....

Just to remind you, this is an internet forum.

Rep really shouldn't matter that much

If it does im sorry but you need to get out more.....

Old 7th October 2008, 01:59   #211
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

<Serious Paul>

Right i can see why you have removed the reputation system. (*cough* Jaybiss complaining about noobs getting bad repped and leaving the site *cough*). Personally i believe "if something is broke then you should fix it", along with "if something isn't broke you shouldn't fix it. " What i dont believe is "If something is broke, delete it."

In your staff chat (in the section the normal members can't get in) what other options did you think of? Or did you think of just deleting it as an easy option? (no offence there, i know you and other staff have put in alot of solid work to get this site to where it is today).

Right firstly, Lets just weigh up the good and bad of the rep system.

GOOD
> It teaches newbies a lesson, those who are serious about learning about saxo's and really want help will ignore it, carry on posting and build it back up. This gets rid of the timewasters that come on here to enquire about electric superchargers, ebay chips etc.

> It helps when buying an item. Ok we still got the iTrader... But the first thing i personally used to look at when selling/buying was the persons rep. If its red its obvious they're not going to be as good a trader as someone with green.

> It actually helps moderators do their job. Ok you said it makes more work for them. What would be harder, going through every thread made looking for trouble makers, or getting pm's off people (who think they've been wrongly repped) with links to the threads where there might be trouble and bad rep has been given?

> It makes some people want to help others as they know they'll get something back out of it. Wether its general advice or photoshops. With the rep system removed i think you'll see alot less people doing photoshops for people and offering good advice.

> It helps moderate the forums. When used correctly normal members such as myself can give good or bad rep to someone. For minor rule breaking such as text talk sometimes a bit of bad rep is all thats needed, instead of an infraction off a moderator.

BAD POINTS
> Number one has to be abusing the rep system.

> Extra work for moderators sorting out the abuse.

Conclusion
Surely the good outweighs the bad. Instead of deleting the whole thing i think you should work with the communtity and ask how we can solve the bad points.

Other options
Option 1 Delete the bad rep, and just have positive rep
Most people, if not all, who complain is about bad rep. I can't see you getting many people complaining about positive rep. So you could have positive rep only? So just one button for approve, instead of approve or disapprove.

Advantages

> This would keep the spam whores happy as they would carry the great forum banter going (which isn't as good on many other car forums).

> It would keep the noobs with no rep happy as they can only improve. If they do something wrong i'm sure the longterm members will have a little go at them and they'll learn from their mistakes.

> It would keep the helpful members out such as people who offer advice in the Engine and Performance, Interior and Styling, etc. As they will still get rewarded for their advice.

> This option would keep photoshopp'ers happy as they will still be getting rewarded for their photoshops.

Disadvantages

> The negative rep system gets rid of all the noobs who just sign up, make a thread or two, make some trouble, rip some people off, ask how to turbo their 1.1 then crash their car and never come back. Them kind of people.

> The neg rep system is like a moderator power for the proper saxp community. Which saves the moderating team a big job. For example its a punishment that us normal daily users can use to punish members for texttalk, spamming etc. Which saves the proper moderators sorting through loads of text looking for texttalkers etc.

Option 2 Different Levels Of Rep (my favourite option tbh)

Explaination
Ok simo i know you love your bars, and im not talking about the ones in town. These level bars that you love and most people on here dont.. How about mixing this idea with the idea of rep. May be hard to code tho :\. I'm thinking of when you click to rep someone you should pick an option what the rep is for. Such as:

Then you have two options. Get rid of the "leave negative rep" or improve it simular to above with options such as "Not funny" "Not Helpful" ETC. It may stop unneccasary badrep. Personally i think might be good idea just to get rid of the leave bad rep side. And just have the leave positive.

Then next to the user name, where you originally wanted to put the bars you could have a new set of bars representing what the user has rep for. Such as:

Advantages of this:
> You get to keep you gay bars

> People wont be asking mods to remove bad rep because it wont be there (if you chose to get rid of it all together).

> Will be more detailed and helpful rep. If you chose to upgrade the neg rep system then it will give an indication as to why they've been bad repped (easy to spot abuse for moderators).

Disadvantages
> The saxp community hate bars under their name.

Option 3 Employ Tupps

Make tupps a moderator and get him to deal with all of the abuse of rep system.

Advantages
> No more anoying mail for other moderators

> Problem solved.

Disadvantages

> Saxp would turn into a rep warzone.

Option 4 Add a rep report button
Explaination
To save emails/pms that the mods get you could add a report button in the user control panel next to the rep comments. This could be set up simular to the report button in threads/posts (damn that things slow though lol).

Once bad rep has been reported it can be stored in some kind of table along with the comment as why rep was left. Once a week one member of staff could view the table and simply delete the ones with no good reasons by ticking or unticking a checkbox. Then at end of the table simply click submit and all sorted. Such as:

Right i'm too tired to write anymore. You get the idea though. Hope this helps.

< / Serious Paul >
Old 7th October 2008, 02:05   #212
Nathan
Established Member

Spot on tbh paul i wont guess how long that took you to put together

Old 7th October 2008, 02:06   #213
Japman
Saxperience Addict
South Wales Region MemberNorth Wales Region Member

Car(s): Spam Wagon
Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!Japman is absolutely fabulous!

paul makes so much sence

well done mate
Old 7th October 2008, 02:06   #214
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

paul.... go away.
Old 7th October 2008, 02:12   #215
Mieran
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!Mieran is absolutely fabulous!

Paul I'll rep you if the system comes back tbh.
Old 7th October 2008, 02:16   #216
Paulp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Astra VXR + 1989 Astra GTE
iTrader Score: 37 (100%)
Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!Paul is absolutely fabulous!

iTrader instead? lol.

Night everyone x
Old 7th October 2008, 02:16   #217
djrem
Saxperience Addict

i think the Rep system should be inactive in certain boards

ie Jokes, General and similar.

It should be a "thanks for technical knowledge" system.

Not "OMG YOUZ GOT JOKES FROM SICKIPEDIA" lololololz

My 2 cents.
Old 7th October 2008, 02:21   #218
NickB
Established Member
Content ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): none!
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
NickB is a jewel in the roughNickB is a jewel in the roughNickB is a jewel in the roughNickB is a jewel in the rough

Like option 2 alot paul that was another issue with the rep

coopner and pred are amongst the most helpful guys on here

rem and adz are amongst the funniest

so different type of rep indicates why they have been repped.... fantastic idea

CAR SOLD
Old 7th October 2008, 02:21   #219
titchster
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Was:16v 106 XS ..... Now: Import 1.8 MX5
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
titchster is a jewel in the roughtitchster is a jewel in the roughtitchster is a jewel in the roughtitchster is a jewel in the rough

From the small time i've spent on this site, I've seen rep being abused, and used properly, but on the other hand, I've seen it used appropriately too, plus it helps to filter out the trouble makers, example, someone comes along with loads of neg rep, you know that the chances are, they're gonna come along with some random shite, if they've got lots of good rep, you know they're an established member, and are likely to come out with something appropriate.

I preferred it with rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer View Post
paul.... go away.
He's trying to get your life back.
Old 7th October 2008, 02:24   #220
djrem
Saxperience Addict

makes no difference to me.

just means racist jokes will get posted because theres no scare of red blobs...
Closed Thread