Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 6th July 2022, 13:04   #1
Thalia07

Thalia07 is on a distinguished road
Smile Saxo engine swap.

Hi everyone, I'm new on here so just looking for advice. I was given a 2000 reg 1.1 saxo forte and I'm looking at engine swapping it. I'm a full time mechanic so I'm not useless and will be doing it myself. My issue is I'm a subaru girl so only really know about them. What engines would be best/easiest to swap in other than the vts? (I've looked at the price of a vts these days and about passed out!) Thanks!
Thalia07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2022, 19:48   #2
spruce

spruce is on a distinguished road

Anything that's a tu series engine will be fairly easy to swap in. However the 1.6 tu5jp4 uses a remote throttle and requires more work. Pretty much all tu blocks will bolt on but you will need the correct ecu and harness to run them properly.
spruce is offline   Reply With Quote