Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Gaming, IT, Multimedia & Music > Playstation Chat

Playstation Chat Please use this forum to discuss Playstation related topics.

Old 23rd August 2013, 18:14   #21
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickle View Post
be waiting a little while then lol.

I have the first gen PS3 and it's still running well 6yrs in so, also have have the 2nd gen for 5yrs and is running well too.

Your choice.
I've got a first gen PS3 (60GB). it's noisy as fuck. Do not lie.

2nd gen was already improved over the 60GB version It came out very very shortly after the 60GB which was then discontinued.

So, if the PS4 had a flaw, likely it'd go the same way, so I wouldn't be waiting long at all.

noob
Old 23rd August 2013, 18:16   #22
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Mines the 40gb one the phat one and it isnt that bad. As noisy as the 2nd gen 360. 2nd gen is my 250gb and is quiet.

You will be waiting at least 6 months from release or more

Note the gap between the 1st and 2nd gen.

Quote:
The console was originally planned for a global release through November, but at the start of September the release in Europe and the rest of the world was delayed until March.[34] With it being a somewhat last-minute delay, some companies had taken deposits for pre-orders, at which Sony informed customers that they were eligible for full refunds or could continue the pre-order.[35] On January 24, 2007, Sony announced that the PlayStation 3 would go on sale on March 23, 2007, in Europe, Australia, the Middle East, Africa and New Zealand.[9][10] The system sold about 600,000 units in its first two days.[36] On March 7, 2007, the 60 GB PlayStation 3 launched in Singapore with a price of S$799.[37] The console was launched in South Korea on June 16, 2007, as a single version equipped with an 80 GB hard drive and IPTV.[38]
PS3 Slim and console rebranding

Following speculation that Sony was working on a 'slim' model, Sony officially announced the PS3 CECH-2000 model on August 18, 2009, at the Sony Gamescom press conference.[39][40] Among its features are a slimmer form factor and quieter noise when powered on. It was released in major territories by September 2009. As part of the release for the slim model, the logo was changed from the "Spider-Man font" and capitalized PLAYSTATION 3 to a more traditional PlayStation- and PlayStation 2-like 'PlayStation 3' logo with "PS3" imprinted on the console. Along with the redesigning of the console and logo, the boot screen of all consoles changed from "Sony Computer Entertainment" to "PS3 PlayStation 3", with a new chime and the game start splash screen being dropped. The cover art and packaging of games has also been changed.[40]

Last edited by Prickle; 23rd August 2013 at 18:26.
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 18:48   #23
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

I had a 60gb ps3 for years but it finally gave up. I lost my GT5 save and had to buy a new ps3. Wounded! I can't remember them being really loud tho tbh
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 19:50   #24
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

I wasn't gona wait till second gen, I just meant leave it a few months, it's bound to have some flaws and updates required so once that's smooth il buy.

My ps3 is about six years old never had a problem
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2013, 13:34   #25
sexy_gt
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): SUPERCHARGED saxo vts
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
sexy_gt is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
I wasn't gona wait till second gen, I just meant leave it a few months, it's bound to have some flaws and updates required so once that's smooth il buy.

My ps3 is about six years old never had a problem
totally agree about the waiting few months and my 5 yr old 40g ps3 is much more quiet than my black 360 by far....

im always excited about new consoles
Old 1st September 2013, 13:44   #26
weve33
Infrequent Poster

weve33 is on a distinguished road

It's going to be an expensive Xmas this year!
weve33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2013, 16:53   #27
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

anyone heard that if you have say fifa 14 for ps3 you can upgrade it to ps4? bit of a charge i think,dont know if i read it or made it up haha
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote