Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 16th January 2003, 06:23   #1
Lizard-Racing

Lizard-Racing is on a distinguished road

Has anyone any thoughts about fitting an additional 4 injectors into the inlet manifold, rather than using just a 5th and/or 6th?

Any ideas on how to make the inlet handle more pressure?

Lizard-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2003, 06:56   #2
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Yes I thought about this.... At one stage I even had a jig made up for a new stainles sinlet manifold... this may now become a project for the future though...

I was thinking about an extra injector on each branch...

I've also though about kevlar wrapping the original manifold too.. as this would give a lot more strength to the plastic body.

Simo'
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2003, 00:11   #3
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

you can fit another set to underside of inlet manifold .

what boost /bhp are you running or do you want to run and what engine mods have been done so far
Old 17th January 2003, 00:31   #4
Lizard-Racing

I have fitted 4 additional VTS injectors to the underside of one my inlet manifolds and seems to be ok, but it has not been fitted to the engine yet. I too have thought about casing the original manifold in either carbon fibre or Kevlar. What are your thoughts on this route John? I have some pics of my 8 injector manifold.

The engine internals are being machined as we speak. I have forged low compression pistons and will be running only 0.8 bar with a S/C and front mounted I/C. At the moment I think the manifold is the most likely failure when I increase the boost.
Old 17th January 2003, 00:40   #5
Simop
Administrator

Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

I'd be interested to see some pics!!

Either post them here. or email them to me at simon@saxperience.com

Thanks.
Old 17th January 2003, 01:01   #6
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum

axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

the other solution is to fit t/body manifold with either 4 tbodies(which have double injector holders,then a plenim chamber ,or you can have blank t/body castings ,but with double injector holes in them .fit plenim and still use std single t/body and associated electronics ,switches etc. . we have also thought about covering in grp (kevlar is stronger ,but don,t think it necc)the main weak point will be the joint between top and bottom half .If i was wanting to run 1bar or more of boost i would first be paying some attention to air flow ,as the better you make the air flow the less boost required to get power. showing big numbers on a boost gauge is ok ,but if you can get same power just by improving air flow then it will keep stress on engine to a minimum ,make more power (and you can always up the boost after that !!).just whacking up the boost is not the best way ,more boost =more heat ,more heat =more engine problems.so for those wanting mega power have a think about soe of the things you would do to a n/a engine first,if it works without boost ,it must work with boost(only exception is wild cams) Procomp is doing pressure tests on the plenim chamber we use for the t/body set up ,so it can be used for exactly what you are thinking about,results soon. there is a full cast plenim chamber available right now .barry moore has one for his ax/vts /s/c converson,
Old 17th January 2003, 02:15   #7
Lizard-Racing

I have looked into using throttle bodies and was very close to going ahead. The possibility of using a stand alone management seemed very appealing too. However at the moment I can't see a significant performance increase to justify the cost and the time. Its more than likely in the future I will find the money etc and try for the ultimate. I need to get some possible headwork done and do as much as possible before taking the final plunge.

P.S. Simo, I emailed you some pics, let me know what you think and if the images didn't come out!
Old 17th January 2003, 03:23   #8
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum

cost of t/body blanks will be a lot cheaper ,and no linkage etc,as i said look to getting gas in and out bettter to start with
Old 17th January 2003, 06:21   #9
Simop
Administrator

Cheers Alex...

I got the pics. They were a bit distorted and broken though??

It looks good in principal!!!

I have a spare inlet manifold, so I might have a play around too...

Simo'