Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 27th October 2007, 16:47   #41
Paul_Collins
Established Member
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): MkII White VTS
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Paul_Collins has a spectacular aura aboutPaul_Collins has a spectacular aura about

pulls better through every gear, and with a s1 box its rediculous.
Paul_Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 16:49   #42
d4r3n
Established Member
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): bmw 330ci sport !
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
d4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to behold

nice lol how much u talking for the s1 box ??
d4r3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 16:51   #43
OLLYVTS
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region Member

Car(s): Subaru Impreza Wrx
iTrader Score: 26 (100%)
OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!

What would a cammed vts with 708s do 0-60 in(roughy)

In need of a cheap car in west sussex near chichester,Please pm me.
OLLYVTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 17:35   #44
Jazz
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): CLS63 AMG
Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLLYVTS View Post
What would a cammed vts with 708s do 0-60 in(roughy)
Good q mate, a smidge under the 7 mark I'd imagine? Also depends on wheel, suspension set up and how much traction they can get off the mark. My standard VTS has traction issues off the mark with std wheels and good tyres, i can only imagine what a cammed version would be like... but yeah, the look on Type-R owner's faces when the wee Saxo is sitting on their arse would be priceless.
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 17:41   #45
OLLYVTS
Saxperience Post Whore

OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!OLLYVTS is absolutely fabulous!

I was thinking it must be just below 7 as i have heard they will keep up with type R's.

Old 27th October 2007, 17:49   #46
Jazz
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): CLS63 AMG
Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!

Only thing is, the cammed VTS in question will most likely have a host of other mods done to it... i don't think theres a silly enough VTS owner thats going to just pop in 708s and a map and say, 'ahh there we go, lets go butch some Type-Rs!' They are going to have (more than likely) full exhaust system, induction, and most probably different wheels and suspension, all of which will affect acceleration time. Bearing that in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if a cammed VTS did the sprint in dry conditions, with good tyres and got around the 6.5ish mark. Quite possible if alls running smoothly.

Of course this is just an objective estimate, if anyone lucky enough to have a cammed VTS has gone and done a measurement, would be interesting to know...
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 17:53   #47
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

1. s1 boxes are rare as fuck, dont expect a good one for under £200

2. ive seen many run mid 6 to 60 on 708s, depens how shit you are at driving
Old 27th October 2007, 18:06   #48
OLLYVTS
Saxperience Post Whore

Thats pretty good to know that they do 0-60 in around 6.5 seconds.Im thinking about get a set 708s and a remap after xmas.I have already got a manifold,de-cat pipe,magnex'cat back system and a induction kit.

Would there be anythink else you would buy before getting a set of cams and re-map?

Old 27th October 2007, 18:08   #49
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Thats pretty good to know that they do 0-60 in around 6.5 seconds.Im thinking about get a set 708s and a remap after xmas.I have already got a manifold,de-cat pipe,magnex'cat back system and a induction kit.

Would there be anythink else you would buy before getting a set of cams and re-map?

as said depends on driver.

ive killed a 708 set up vts in my vtr because the driver was a mong.
Old 27th October 2007, 18:13   #50
OLLYVTS
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
as said depends on driver.

ive killed a 708 set up vts in my vtr because the driver was a mong.
I totally agree with you about that it depends on the driver.Would you recomend i buy anythink else before i get 708s and a re-map?

Old 27th October 2007, 18:26   #51
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
I totally agree with you about that it depends on the driver.Would you recomend i buy anythink else before i get 708s and a re-map?
depends how far ur gonna go on engine, if you plan TBs etc..
Old 27th October 2007, 18:27   #52
d4r3n
Established Member

Car(s): bmw 330ci sport !
d4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to beholdd4r3n is a splendid one to behold

do they sound any diffrent through the rev range ???
d4r3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2007, 18:32   #53
bullit
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): toyata hilux
bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!bullit is absolutely fabulous!

yes...
Old 27th October 2007, 22:22   #54
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_360 View Post
Good q mate, a smidge under the 7 mark I'd imagine? Also depends on wheel, suspension set up and how much traction they can get off the mark. My standard VTS has traction issues off the mark with std wheels and good tyres, i can only imagine what a cammed version would be like... but yeah, the look on Type-R owner's faces when the wee Saxo is sitting on their arse would be priceless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk7BARqUw8U

love that video, not sure what that VTS running but it is a Type R ITs Racing
Old 28th October 2007, 07:51   #55
spencer_cammedvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): 257bhp Ibiza Cupra Turbo
iTrader Score: 16 (94%)
spencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to beholdspencer_cammedvts is a splendid one to behold

i can run between 6-6.2 seconds. it depends on a lot of things. weight of car, how you drive it and you definatly need a set of good tyres. preferably proxie TR1's
Old 28th October 2007, 09:01   #56
k2thecsaxo
Established Member
South West Region Member

Car(s): Amazon Green Mk2 VTR Wicked Red Furio
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
k2thecsaxo has much to be proud ofk2thecsaxo has much to be proud ofk2thecsaxo has much to be proud ofk2thecsaxo has much to be proud ofk2thecsaxo has much to be proud ofk2thecsaxo has much to be proud ofk2thecsaxo has much to be proud ofk2thecsaxo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_VTS View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk7BARqUw8U

love that video, not sure what that VTS running but it is a Type R ITs Racing
quality that
Old 28th October 2007, 14:06   #57
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Under 6 for me, so there! haha :d

http://video.tinypic.com/player.php?v=67x172c
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 14:27   #58
thadogg
Established Member

Car(s): Impreza Sti PPP
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
thadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant futurethadogg has a brilliant future

That looks rapid toad mate!
thadogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 15:28   #59
GroomGTI
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): White 106 Gti
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
GroomGTI is a glorious beacon of lightGroomGTI is a glorious beacon of lightGroomGTI is a glorious beacon of lightGroomGTI is a glorious beacon of lightGroomGTI is a glorious beacon of lightGroomGTI is a glorious beacon of light

what diffrence would it make to cam a vtr then?
GroomGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2007, 15:31   #60
Ry_B
Frequent Poster
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): RX8 231
Ry_B will become famous soon enough

Some but easier to just whack the vts engine ni
Ry_B is offline   Reply With Quote