Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 17th November 2007, 14:20   #141
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

Wouldn't you need to have the head off to change the valve springs on a vts/gti ??

If you're going to take the head, then I'd put a 1.6 16v head off a C2, 307, 206.... on as a cheap BV head, re-tap the inlet manifold etc. to get the best out of the cams, and as you're going to pay £400+ to get remapped may as well do it now.

But like all things, just depends on how far you want to go and how much £££££ you want to spend !!
Old 17th November 2007, 20:31   #142
AliC
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Furio, 300+BHP EP82, zx6RR Ninja
AliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to all

When does the group buy end? If its still on after christams im in!
Old 17th November 2007, 20:33   #143
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

It's looking to end around mid/end of Jan, so get in on it !!!!!
Old 17th November 2007, 23:55   #144
belly_VTS
Frequent Poster

Car(s): cammed vts, (rest in pieces) corsa vxr - 340bhp
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
belly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of lightbelly_VTS is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchz View Post
Wouldn't you need to have the head off to change the valve springs on a vts/gti ??

If you're going to take the head, then I'd put a 1.6 16v head off a C2, 307, 206.... on as a cheap BV head, re-tap the inlet manifold etc. to get the best out of the cams, and as you're going to pay £400+ to get remapped may as well do it now.

But like all things, just depends on how far you want to go and how much £££££ you want to spend !!
problem is . . . .i dont think you can fit saxo performance cams into a c2 head. not a 100% sure though
Old 18th November 2007, 09:20   #145
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

I thought a few people had 708's in tu5jp4 heads, and run them so far without problems. I think that the cam lobes are a slightly different width, and the spacing is slightly different, but they still run okay in the jp4 head.

I think there's some stuff about it on ssc, I'll have a little read.
Old 18th November 2007, 09:28   #146
raunchz
Saxperience Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchz View Post

Yeh, forget the above, just read on ssc that it's not recommended to fit saxo cams in a tujp4 head!!!!
Old 18th November 2007, 14:48   #147
evans1089
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Ibiza Cupra 204bhp
iTrader Score: 28 (100%)
evans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud ofevans1089 has much to be proud of

could someone tell me if its worth getting some for a 1.4i saxo?
And what else would i need/change if i bought some?
a PM would be cool an rep given
evans1089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 19:47   #148
AliC
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Furio, 300+BHP EP82, zx6RR Ninja
AliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to all

Yup think yoou can count me in guys!
Old 18th November 2007, 20:03   #149
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evans1089 View Post
could someone tell me if its worth getting some for a 1.4i saxo?
And what else would i need/change if i bought some?
a PM would be cool an rep given
possibly mayswel source vtr engine (cheap enough) and cam that
Old 18th November 2007, 21:39   #150
sibok
L-plater

sibok is on a distinguished road

I'm interested on that, but could i choose duration?
sibok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 21:53   #151
vipergfx
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Car(s): veeteeess
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
vipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant futurevipergfx has a brilliant future

jeeves put me down for some ph3's. when do you need money by? sorry i'm lazy and haven't read through all 8 pages, and rarely visit this section so haven't seen the thread

pm me buddy.
vipergfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 23:05   #152
bertie
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): vts W reg Silver
bertie is on a distinguished road

hi iam getting a de-cat and maifold dastek chip what phase cams do i need
bertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 23:07   #153
jeeves_101
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

Car(s): Racing Bronze Mazda MX-5
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!

ph3 would be the best mate, near identical to the 708's.
Old 18th November 2007, 23:13   #154
bertie
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): vts W reg Silver
bertie is on a distinguished road

Count me in, i have a vts 16v i want the PH3's.

1. Jeeves_101 - PH3's
2. raunchz - 16v PH3's + followers
3. b0t13 (after jan/late jan)
4. jazz_360 - PH3 (vts)
5. frankie640 - PH3 (16v and followers)
6. Dibz - PH3's + Followers
7. Pricey - PH4
8. my_vtech_eater - PH3's(vts)
9. Joshap1 -ph3 (vts)
10. garysvts (vts)
11. pug205gti87 (vts weekend)
12. Soulless
13. Bake - PH3's (GTi)[/QUOTE]
14. Bertie - vts 16v (PH3)
bertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 23:42   #155
-J7HRD-

Car(s): S2 16v Rallye
-J7HRD- is on a distinguished road

on doing a gti/vts turbo'd engine, what phase cams will be most suitable ? Will have steel rods and forged pistons
-J7HRD- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 23:57   #156
jeeves_101
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!jeeves_101 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -J7HRD- View Post
on doing a gti/vts turbo'd engine, what phase cams will be most suitable ? Will have steel rods and forged pistons

not sure on that one mate, best to do a bit of searching and digging, but iirc you dont wnat anything tooo wild, so mayne ph2's!! not 100% sure tho.
Old 18th November 2007, 23:57   #157
Jazz
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): CLS63 AMG
Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!

PH3 are good alround performance cams, but if your internals are upgraded you might consider more extreme PH4.

EDIT- or like jeeves said, maybe go easy and do ph2
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2007, 23:59   #158
jeeves_101
Saxperience Forum Bum
South West Region Member

it is possible to run a really wild cam, but from what i've read (or can remember reading), you dont want to go too wild with the cams if you have a turbo.

as wild = high comp and turbo = low comp
Old 19th November 2007, 00:03   #159
Jazz
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): CLS63 AMG
Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!Jazz is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeves_101 View Post
as wild = high comp and turbo = low comp
Fair play. I'd imagine he can't go wrong with ph3 though, surely with his upgrades, but I know minus 10 about turbo'd saxos so can't really comment...
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 00:20   #160
leeK9
Established Member
Ireland Region Member

Car(s): citroen saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
leeK9 is a splendid one to beholdleeK9 is a splendid one to beholdleeK9 is a splendid one to beholdleeK9 is a splendid one to beholdleeK9 is a splendid one to beholdleeK9 is a splendid one to beholdleeK9 is a splendid one to behold

how much of a pain in the arse would new follower be to replace if i got new ones in this group buy.

im a novice mechanic nut know my way around an engine and am pretty sure i could change the cams no bother but wouldnt be able to time the engine?