Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 27th April 2009, 19:05   #41
James_Skylit
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Prelude VTi VTEC 2.2 G5, Black 52 VTR
James_Skylit is on a distinguished road

Yeah saxp is a very valuble source of info for me, iv gained loads from being a member here and i know i should just go and buy a piper 3inch and fit it myself just worried it wont hang right or ill mess it up! (Even though there is not much to mess up lol!).
James_Skylit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:06   #42
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_X View Post
so... you can listen to the established knowledgeable members or get a powerflow.

they are no mixed opinions.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Chipping is generic, so not ideal. hence why people laugh about it on here.

Mapping on the car for the specific mods is what people all want to do.

Superchips are better than a cheap ebay chip, they are reasonably well respected = hence the silly price tags
I know?

Be honest though, superchips are no where near the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macey2009 View Post
well i dodnt do the mods!! my car dont look bog standard atleast has got abit of style to it, not really that interested in power tbh! got a kawasaki zx6rr sitting in the garage! YEAH IM NEW, so give it a ret and get back on topic
Fair enough mate. Sorry
Ohhh James I do love when you get your dirty mod hat on.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:08   #43
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaXo_vtr123 View Post
I know? Be honest though, superchips are no where near the best.
They are not the best, but they are not the worst thing out there, like i said in the post you quoted
Old 27th April 2009, 19:09   #44
gaz4399
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1275 mini
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
gaz4399 is on a distinguished road

ive got a piper on mine, it fits the bumper perfectly. theres no way you can mess it up really, same goes for most exhausts that you can buy
gaz4399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:09   #45
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
gouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to behold

superchips charge you £250 or there abouts to flash a generic map onto your ecu. (copy and pasting mapping) i can tell you this as ive seen there map. they basically advance you ignition timing by 1.5 degees at the top end and increase fueling. it does next to nothing for your car tbh
gouldy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:10   #46
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth Wales Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

JamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the roughJamesR is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
They are not the best, but they are not the worst thing out there, like i said in the post you quoted

Ebay chips ftl

But given the choice i would go down the live remap route.
Old 27th April 2009, 19:10   #47
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

gouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz4399 View Post
ive got a piper on mine, it fits the bumper perfectly. theres no way you can mess it up really, same goes for most exhausts that you can buy
agreed its a clamp and some rubber hangars. easy as and it will take you about 20 mins to fit
Old 27th April 2009, 19:10   #48
JoshB
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 2010 E92 320i MSport
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
JoshB is on a distinguished road

If you just have a quick search on ebay and you can see some of the systems for sale, alot of the pipework isnt mandrel bent so reduces performance. Also I have seen a lot of systems that crack and fail after a year and as mentioned the certain franchises get out of fixing it for free and charge more for a botched repair.

People who have been to Demon Tweeks always rave about the quality so theyre one of the better ones, the local ones round here are all terrible.

Ask to see examples of their work, also £155 seems quite expensive for just a backbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtrjay View Post
Mate i really recommend them mate i went down too demon tweaks last friday and had one fitted was £150 fitted and after a few days it has gone so nice noise from it and it sits perfect!!!

Hahaha! Your eyes are fucked!

--------------------------------
Ooooh, Shiney!
JoshB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:11   #49
frankie
Saxperience Addict
South West Region Member

Car(s): VTRallye
iTrader Score: 18 (95%)
frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!

id rather get bummed by 2 horses than fit a poweflow exhaust....

"once you've had powerflow, you dont go back"
Old 27th April 2009, 19:11   #50
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:

Ebay chips ftl

But given the choice i would go down the live remap route, that takes into consideration all modifications.
Standalone first then mapping for me. If I was modifying a car fully again engine wise id do the ecu at the time of 'mapping'
Old 27th April 2009, 19:11   #51
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator

Josh, it doesnt sit too badly, i have seen a lot worse. But not perfect imo
Old 27th April 2009, 19:12   #52
JamesRm
Forum Section Moderator

Quote:
Standalone first then mapping for me. If I was modifying a car fully again engine wise id do the ecu at the time of 'mapping'
*Absorbs wisdom from Ryan*

Old 27th April 2009, 19:14   #53
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
*Absorbs wisdom from Ryan*

Its a slightly higher start up cost, but allows alot more freedom in the long run, and if you change your mind its cheaper than getting an OE ecu mapped each time really.

Espec when saxo owners are lucky now to have a very competitively priced ecu with andys predator
Old 27th April 2009, 19:22   #54
waynaldo1
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 2001 mk2 Silver Saxo VTS
waynaldo1 is infamous around these partswaynaldo1 is infamous around these partswaynaldo1 is infamous around these parts

You can always have the sportx or the other one they ALL HAVE ON THIS FORUM.. Power-flow has never let me down...and the one i have is very good and the car performance is better than before...
waynaldo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:25   #55
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynaldo1 View Post
You can always have the sportx or the other one they ALL HAVE ON THIS FORUM.. Power-flow has never let me down...and the one i have is very good and the car performance is better than before...
do you not listen? everyone who has experience with modding saxos for a while has just said the opposite to what you have. and did you do a before and after dyno run when you had your exhaust fitted?
Old 27th April 2009, 19:27   #56
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
sportex are shite to IMO. I have an exhaust no one else has on this forum, so thats not ALL having the same is it, yet im still saying be wary of powerflow
Old 27th April 2009, 19:27   #57
waynaldo1
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 2001 mk2 Silver Saxo VTS
waynaldo1 is infamous around these partswaynaldo1 is infamous around these partswaynaldo1 is infamous around these parts

POWER-FLOW.. will always be my choice ov exhaust.. Ii like everything about them from the sound to how my car performs wiv them...

They are defo not cheap metal...

Someone mention listen to the ppl on the forum lol...funny.. Do what you want and what you like... But i would recommend them...
waynaldo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:28   #58
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
sportex are shite to IMO. I have an exhaust no1 has on this forum, so thats not ALL
is it top secret? or can you tell us? ive never seen a sportex tbh
Old 27th April 2009, 19:29   #59
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
POWER-FLOW.. will always be my choice ov exhaust.. Ii like everything about them from the sound to how my car performs wiv them...

Someone mention listen to the ppl on the forum lol...funny.. Do what you want and what you like... But i would recommend them...
Are you actually reading my posts? Its a franchise, therefore not ALL are built to the same standard.

PS - text talk
Old 27th April 2009, 19:29   #60
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:

no educating some people, good luck with super chipping your car aswell