Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 27th April 2009, 19:29   #61
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouldy87 View Post
is it top secret? or can you tell us? ive never seen a sportex tbh
I dont mind saying as at £1300-1400 or wtf it cost Ian (who built the vtR) I cant see anyone getting another
Old 27th April 2009, 19:32   #62
Mr_X
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I dont mind saying as at £1300-1400 or wtf it cost Ian (who built the vtR) I cant see anyone getting another
get it up and running
Old 27th April 2009, 19:32   #63
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_X View Post
get it up and running
Got an entire single plug car/engine loom + hopefully going to be testing another type of ECU on it aswell

Its not going to be a quick job/fix
Old 27th April 2009, 19:34   #64
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
gouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
err not cheap then? lmao. with you running bodies etc have you got a larger nominal bore or kept it at 2 inch? (different back pressures etc an all that jazz)
gouldy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:34   #65
waynaldo1
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 2001 mk2 Silver Saxo VTS
waynaldo1 is infamous around these partswaynaldo1 is infamous around these partswaynaldo1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
do you not listen? everyone who has experience with modding saxos for a while has just said the opposite to what you have. and did you do a before and after dyno run when you had your exhaust fitted?
Just because people mod cars they know all about them...you idiot..who cant mod a car....ii was saying after i got one fitted its improved my car...ii dont need get it pro checked..ii drove my car before and after so i should know you fool....

Everyone has an opinion so shhss lil boy
waynaldo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:34   #66
Mr_X
Saxperience Post Whore

Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!Mr_X is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Got an entire single plug car/engine loom + hopefully going to be testing another type of ECU on it aswell

Its not going to be a quick job/fix
hopefully fix the electrical fault?
will be epic when finished tho.

please ban waynaldo1

xxxx

Last edited by Mr_X; 27th April 2009 at 19:37.
Mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:36   #67
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

gouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to beholdgouldy87 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynaldo1 View Post
Just because people mod cars they know all about them...you idiot..who cant mod a car....ii was saying after i got one fitted its improved my car...ii dont need get it pro checked..ii drove my car before and after so i should know you fool....

Everyone has an opinion so shhss lil boy
were you not hugged enough as a child?
Old 27th April 2009, 19:37   #68
Macey2009
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Vtr 8v
Macey2009 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
mate everyone on here will be quite happy to help you out and teach you. but if you start with the abuse etc you will get infractions and banned.

CHIPPED- err you will still get abuse. ill explain what superchips does for you car if you like?
yeahn ok then mate, just i didnt see it that funny, everyone laughing at the newbie lol literally a newbie! but that bloke said its been SUPERCHIPPED lol then he said it goes better and revs round to 70,000 revs then showed me it reving round lol it does like 90mph in 3rd gear, would that be the chip (or whatever hes on bout)
cheers mate
Macey2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:37   #69
JoshB
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 2010 E92 320i MSport
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
JoshB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
sportex are shite to IMO. I have an exhaust no one else has on this forum, so thats not ALL having the same is it, yet im still saying be wary of powerflow
Sportex are alright to be fair, yes they're mild steel and the pipework is only 1 3/4 inch, but you are getting a free flowing cat back exhaust for around £150 which do provide a mild performance increase, and they fit the car!

--------------------------------
Ooooh, Shiney!
JoshB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:38   #70
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
err not cheap then? lmao. with you running bodies etc have you got a larger nominal bore or kept it at 2 inch? (different back pressures etc an all that jazz)
Same bore as BTB 2.5" was the spec they used. It had to be a modified/custom exhaust as the pugsport manifold comes back further than a normal manifold, that has massive bore primaries.
Old 27th April 2009, 19:39   #71
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macey2009 View Post
yeahn ok then mate, just i didnt see it that funny, everyone laughing at the newbie lol literally a newbie! but that bloke said its been SUPERCHIPPED lol then he said it goes better and revs round to 70,000 revs then showed me it reving round lol it does like 90mph in 3rd gear, would that be the chip (or whatever hes on bout)
cheers mate
70,000 revs!!! fucking hell i bet thats fast!!! and 90 mph in 3rd will be due to the long ratios on the VTR boxes
Old 27th April 2009, 19:40   #72
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_X View Post
hopefully fix the electrical fault?
will be epic when finished tho.

please ban waynaldo1

xxxx
Only thing we can put it down to is electrical, after all the tests. The loom is a bit of a mess from when the car was first finished, so it was needed at somepoint, just annoying it shat itself mid track season.
Old 27th April 2009, 19:40   #73
waynaldo1
Frequent Poster

waynaldo1 is infamous around these partswaynaldo1 is infamous around these partswaynaldo1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
were you not hugged enough as a child?
Clearly lost it growing up...some one mods a saxo like stick a body-kit on they know all the knowledge about cars...FUNNY
Old 27th April 2009, 19:42   #74
JoshB
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 2010 E92 320i MSport
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
JoshB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Clearly lost it growing up...some one mods a saxo like stick a body-kit on they know all the knowledge about cars...FUNNY
Not many (if any) members on here have bodykit's on thier cars mate to be honest. Where did you get your powerflow exhaust from?

--------------------------------
Ooooh, Shiney!
JoshB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:43   #75
waynaldo1
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Only thing we can put it down to is electrical, after all the tests. The loom is a bit of a mess from when the car was first finished, so it was needed at somepoint, just annoying it shat itself mid track season.
--- BAN ME ---

What for having my opinions and you lot not liking them..
Old 27th April 2009, 19:43   #76
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Same bore as BTB 2.5" was the spec they used. It had to be a modified/custom exhaust as the pugsport manifold comes back further than a normal manifold, that has massive bore primaries.
so you have larger bore sizes on each branch of the manifold aswell?

is it shiny though the most important thing obviously?
Old 27th April 2009, 19:44   #77
Macey2009
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Vtr 8v
Macey2009 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
70,000 revs!!! fucking hell i bet thats fast!!! and 90 mph in 3rd will be due to the long ratios on the VTR boxes
yeah, does that sound about right then lol it reving round to 70,000 revs! cause he took me for a spin in it and it did rev round to that but i dont really like to rev it round to that unless im on a smooth round racing someone lol (which you dont get much of it england) cause me cars like 6 inch's off the ground lol, how do i post pics and put a pic of me motor in the avatar mate??

cheers
Macey2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2009, 19:44   #78
Mr_X
Saxperience Post Whore

try ssc or 106oc

Macey2009 do you mean 7k?
Old 27th April 2009, 19:44   #79
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
--- BAN ME ---

What for having my opinions and you lot not liking them..
Where have I mentioned banning you?

START TO READ MY POSTS!
Old 27th April 2009, 19:45   #80
gouldy87
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
shit!!!!!! when did that VT kit get on my car? oh fucking hell i best get rid of that sharpish thanks for pointing that out to me mate