Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 1st November 2009, 19:34   #21
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road

no worries mate, was thinking of it anyway but not sure, be scared of bursting it with a 500 set of pistons in it lol, think if its chepish for pistons ill get and run 10 if its not cheap ill do 9 and get a spare lump and turbo and if its good prices go all out and run 1.1bar
blackie_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 20:28   #22
sexoturbs
Established Member

Car(s): saxo vtr turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
sexoturbs is on a distinguished road

you no im game. and moneys good so just let me no what they offer if anything lol
sexoturbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2009, 21:10   #23
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!

ok we have email this is direct copy and paste of what was said, sounds quite promising to me although i am quite confuzzled as to the rods as they seem to cost more then the pistons do but should not be lmao, actually thougth it was combined at first but reading on this is not the case..... however if we got the numbers up im sure i could source some h- beams on a group buy from someone else if ppl wish.... on the piston side of things thyre fairly cheap and with the min discount were still getting a fair price.... interest, comments and discusions below..... any points you want me to raise post it and ill get them emailed off and see what we can do

Hi,

For your group buy we can offer you 10% discount from retail for 5 or less orders for 10 or more we can offer 15% should you get 20 or more this would be 20% this is the maximum discount we could offer. Retail on a set of 4 pistons is £468 plus vat. We offer 2 options in terms of con rods Wossner rods are £629 plus vat and 5% is the most discount we can offer on these. We also do our own range of rods which we have many peugeot/citroen fitments these are h-beam and fitted with arp bolts the cost of these is £400 plus vat we can offer 5% discount for 5 or less and 10% for more than 10.

Regards Rob
Old 2nd November 2009, 21:30   #24
L16_vts
Regular Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): 2001 saxo vts 1993 vw polo
L16_vts is on a distinguished road

interested in this also. hopfully be xmas time?
L16_vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2009, 21:35   #25
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!

christmas time maybe jan or poss later depending on what the board decides.. as the title states its a group buy and as the email says the more we sell the better our price ... just emailed a forged rod company in regards to doing a seperate group buy for rods as i think the rods are on the hefty side from the original buy but we can deffo do something with the pistons imo, so we'll see what happens in regards to this
Old 3rd November 2009, 01:14   #26
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

That 15% off price is tempting - doing before Christmas would save 2.5% VAT. 468 + VAT. = 538.20 , then 15% off gives £458 for a set of pistons - if he could do £450 delivered I could be game for this!!
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:28   #27
manc
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Pug 207
iTrader Score: 29 (100%)
manc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie_2k5 View Post
ok we have email this is direct copy and paste of what was said, sounds quite promising to me although i am quite confuzzled as to the rods as they seem to cost more then the pistons do but should not be lmao, actually thougth it was combined at first but reading on this is not the case..... however if we got the numbers up im sure i could source some h- beams on a group buy from someone else if ppl wish.... on the piston side of things thyre fairly cheap and with the min discount were still getting a fair price.... interest, comments and discusions below..... any points you want me to raise post it and ill get them emailed off and see what we can do

Hi,

For your group buy we can offer you 10% discount from retail for 5 or less orders for 10 or more we can offer 15% should you get 20 or more this would be 20% this is the maximum discount we could offer. Retail on a set of 4 pistons is £468 plus vat. We offer 2 options in terms of con rods Wossner rods are £629 plus vat and 5% is the most discount we can offer on these. We also do our own range of rods which we have many peugeot/citroen fitments these are h-beam and fitted with arp bolts the cost of these is £400 plus vat we can offer 5% discount for 5 or less and 10% for more than 10.

Regards Rob
Alot of this discount hinges on numbers, I really doubt that you will see more or even 5 people partisipate in this group-buy but its good to see that they have stated '5 or less'.

Would you mind letting us know who the company is who has provided the pricing/discount?

VAT increase is planned for Dec 31 2009, with this being a large value purchase there is a saving to be had purchasing prior to this increase hence my eagerness to purchase 'this year', people need to bare this mind when deciding...

I am still intrested and I am keen to place a order or at least put a deposit down ensuring some how the cost does not increase, I'm pretty confident this will over-run into next year which makes things complicated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchz View Post
That 15% off price is tempting - doing before Christmas would save 2.5% VAT. 468 + VAT. = 538.20 , then 15% off gives £458 for a set of pistons - if he could do £450 delivered I could be game for this!!
There is talk of VAT increasing by 3% (18%) but this is not confirmed so get you large value purchases over and done with this year if finances allow

ManC
manc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2009, 20:25   #28
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!

im keen to order on the 18th on dec as thats wheni get paid but whether or not we can get numbrs is an issue as said, the company is called tsr performance and found them on ggogle search for wossner- come up a german site so i though it was wossner direct but im not so sure now although it could have been the uk branch that emailed me back?
Old 3rd November 2009, 20:27   #29
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!

have also emailed a compnay that sell custom rods to see if they do saxo parts in order that we can set up another group buy for rods if ppl are interested in this the more ppl with interest that now post the better chance we stand of a deal so get txting and pm'ing ppl aout this and see if we can get some number up, surely plenty of n/a and boosted member wanting to go forged, this is the oppertunity as we alll know its expensive
Old 4th November 2009, 19:49   #30
manc
Established Member

manc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of lightmanc is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

Looking forward to what the second company can offer chap

I was speaking to Cituning earlier today ref a turbo mount and took it upon myself to ask if they would be intrested in discounting 3 sets of Wossner pistons in a forum group-buy, to my surprise they were I got an email earlier today saying they would be prepared to discount the Wossner pistons listed on there website which are currently at £475 to £450 inc VAT +delivery providing 3 orders are placed by the end of December, I hope I've not overstepped my mark Blackie_2k5 by posting this but I could'nt resist asking Cituning and I was'nt expecting anything...

ManC
Old 4th November 2009, 20:19   #31
Ste
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!Ste is absolutely fabulous!

Id like to see prices on rods and pistons.
Old 4th November 2009, 20:29   #32
manc
Established Member

Cituning site states £895 for Wossner pistons & diff manufacturer rods & arp bolts, discounted to £830 for 3 sets when I asked Cituning.

ManC
Old 4th November 2009, 20:31   #33
L16_vts
Regular Poster
Scotland Region Member

450 a good price. hopefully if theres 5 cituning mite go cheaper? lol

manc am up for that deal timeing is spot on too.

my first boost purchase awaits..
Old 4th November 2009, 20:38   #34
manc
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L16_vts View Post
450 a good price. hopefully if theres 5 cituning mite go cheaper? lol

manc am up for that deal timeing is spot on too.

my first boost purchase awaits..
Hiya pal,

Did start typing out a reply to your mail but it was getting a little out of hand as there was way too many questions that need answering, will try and bump into you via messenger as I got the notification you added me

Dont see why a further discount cant be offered based on a larger number taking part in this group-buy, let see how many more are intrested firstly .

If your a 'definate' then Blackie should get some sort of list going

ManC
Old 4th November 2009, 20:49   #35
L16_vts
Regular Poster
Scotland Region Member

yeah know wot you mean manc lol. ave decided ona few things now so thats a help.

will keep my eye on this. cheers
Old 4th November 2009, 20:57   #36
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!

well im defo, order date is set at the 18th of dec 2009 for those willing to participate.. no overstepping mate end of the day we're all looking for cheap parts it doesnt matter who finds them it benefits us all, so this list as follows edit yourselves in and post......
1) blackie
2) manc
3) raunchz possibley?
4) karl possibley as hes interested i bleive
5) lee16_vts

mannc can you see if cituning will further discount for 5 or more or ten or more and try find out a delivery price so we can work out an overall cost to work towards....
Old 4th November 2009, 21:00   #37
raunchz
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region Member

Car(s): 2015 Lapiz Blue Golf R
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
raunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant futureraunchz has a brilliant future

If poss can you leave me as a poss - I'm 50-50 as to whether to go for some - sorry if this messes numbers up I think my moeny is going to be better spent on a quaife but might try and squeeze to a set of these
Old 4th November 2009, 21:03   #38
manc
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie_2k5 View Post
well im defo, order date is set at the 18th of dec 2009 for those willing to participate.. no overstepping mate end of the day we're all looking for cheap parts it doesnt matter who finds them it benefits us all, so this list as follows edit yourselves in and post......
1) blackie
2) manc
3) raunchz possibley?
4) karl possibley as hes interested i bleive
5) lee16_vts

manc can you see if cituning will further discount for 5 or more or ten or more and try find out a delivery price so we can work out an overall cost to work towards....
Glad you happy with me helping out

Will drop them a email asking for pricing based on 5 & 10 sets and confirmation on delivery costs.

Thanks.
Old 4th November 2009, 21:12   #39
L16_vts
Regular Poster
Scotland Region Member

you meen L16 vts not leevts lol.
Old 4th November 2009, 21:36   #40
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raunchz View Post
If poss can you leave me as a poss - I'm 50-50 as to whether to go for some - sorry if this messes numbers up I think my moeny is going to be better spent on a quaife but might try and squeeze to a set of these
no worries mate long as we know where we stand up front there no issues
but think of it htis way, you want both yeah...so get the pistons on discount then squeeze the diff in if you can makes better sense to me but i know your struggling with traction atm lol, let us know mate