Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Closed Thread

Old 4th September 2006, 10:52   #21
YM03
Established Member

Car(s): vtr mk2, posi blue
YM03 is a splendid one to beholdYM03 is a splendid one to beholdYM03 is a splendid one to beholdYM03 is a splendid one to beholdYM03 is a splendid one to beholdYM03 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystic
I think its more of a bragging rights thing, who has the fastest 0-60 but the slowest 60-100
get you, so I can do 60 in second, lose time to a 100, and first to buy new box
Old 4th September 2006, 10:53   #22
Sean
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Green mk1 vtr/s and Focus zetec
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsayer
slows acceleration down... as does getting a tall ratio'd box.

Not sure why you'd want to get to do 60 in second anyway. doesnt do engine any favours...
isnt about acceleration though, it's about hitting a certain speed. as said, raise the rev limit and you'll hit it, doesnt even have to be by much either.
Old 4th September 2006, 17:29   #23
Jonny_H
Established Member

Car(s): Honda Civic 53 Plate
Jonny_H can only hope to improve

my mates old nova 1.3 (i think) did 72 in 2nd but did absolutly nuthin after that... not sure wot he did, pissed aorund with sum valves i think. i could find out tho
Old 4th September 2006, 17:36   #24
Sean
Saxperience Post Whore

Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!Sean is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by england11_2004
my mates old nova 1.3 (i think) did 72 in 2nd but did absolutly nuthin after that... not sure wot he did, pissed aorund with sum valves i think. i could find out tho
down to the gearbox. must've had a longer box in it though, dont remember my (very) old 1.3sr hitting 72 in second to be honest. you could 'piss around' with the saxos valves all you like, but it wouldnt make you hit 60 in second unless you raised the rev limit but that's been stated 18937834times already in about 2474262424 threads.
Old 4th September 2006, 17:39   #25
Andy_S
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Andy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to behold

Why is there a need to do 60 in 2nd???
Old 4th September 2006, 17:40   #26
Jonny_H
Established Member

ha ye, i dunno what he did or if it's true. i didnt know him when he had it.... but i've bin told by all his mates that it's true. god knows what he did.

he used to a have a vtr which was rapid..dunno what he did to that either but i know he spent well over 10k on it.

i'll ask him if that did 60 in 2nd
Old 4th September 2006, 17:42   #27
ricksimmonds
Established Member

Car(s): MK2 VTS
ricksimmonds can only hope to improve

becasue in a sprint to 60 havin to change to 3rd ads a second to ur time
Old 4th September 2006, 17:43   #28
Sean
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys_vts

Why is there a need to do 60 in 2nd???

one less gear change on quarter mile and on a timed 0-60 run without needing 3rd (again saving time). wouldnt do engine any harm unless you sat at 60 in 2nd for 2 hours on the motorway

england138471834- if he spent 10k on a vtr then i hope it was running a 250brake boosted engine
Old 4th September 2006, 17:46   #29
ricksimmonds
Established Member

also if u like to drive like a twat, like me, or hang around with ppl that do, they'll ask the question, 'wot do u get out of 2nd?' and its embaresin not hitting 60 with a 1.6 vtr lol
Old 4th September 2006, 17:47   #30
Jonny_H
Established Member

i will ask him. i think the 10k was inc the car! i dont really know much about engines to be fair... but thnk he did summat with cams, custom exhaust system, n summat about a ram air ? n alot more. i'm sure them involved anyway. i will get a list of everything he did. i not sure how fast it was but i know it was very fast. n looked shit hot too. i'll find out
Old 4th September 2006, 17:49   #31
ricksimmonds
Established Member

becasue my 1.2 punto sporting hit 60 in second so a vtr should, if citreon hadnt decided to put a shitty 8v engine in vtrs it probly wud wudnt it?! pricks
Old 4th September 2006, 17:51   #32
ricksimmonds
Established Member

ye a forced air induction kit, forces air into the engine and the ecu burns more petrol to cope with the extra air - this gives more power, must enusre u spend lots of money at bp tho lol
Old 4th September 2006, 17:53   #33
Jonny_H
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricksimmonds
ye a forced air induction kit, forces air into the engine and the ecu burns more petrol to cope with the extra air - this gives more power, must enusre u spend lots of money at bp tho lol

ye, again i dont know much about engines...

but wen i hopefully get a vtr in 6 months (hopefully) he told me to get a ram air sed they will increase ur speed and power alot.
Old 4th September 2006, 17:56   #34
saxoash
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): VTR
saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
becasue my 1.2 punto sporting hit 60 in second so a vtr should, if citreon hadnt decided to put a shitty 8v engine in vtrs it probly wud wudnt it?! pricks
Its nothing to do with the engine its the gearbox and rev limiter that determins how fast you can go in each gear
Old 4th September 2006, 17:56   #35
Andy_S
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
Andy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to beholdAndy_S is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
becasue in a sprint to 60 havin to change to 3rd ads a second to ur time

Quickshift!! Works a treat!
Old 4th September 2006, 17:57   #36
saxoash
Saxperience Post Whore
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): VTR
saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!saxoash is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by england11_2004
ye, again i dont know much about engines...

but wen i hopefully get a vtr in 6 months (hopefully) he told me to get a ram air sed they will increase ur speed and power alot.
No lol be lucky to get 1-2bhp from a filter. they jsut increase throttle responce
Old 4th September 2006, 18:00   #37
ricksimmonds
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys_vts
Quickshift!! Works a treat!
can u tell me wot a quikshift is how much it is where can u get one etc lol?
Old 4th September 2006, 18:02   #38
ricksimmonds
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxoash
No lol be lucky to get 1-2bhp from a filter. they jsut increase throttle responce
Dont think he means a filter, filters just filter air. He means a system which actively forces air into the engine
Old 4th September 2006, 18:03   #39
Sean
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxoash
Its nothing to do with the engine its the gearbox and rev limiter that determins how fast you can go in each gear
jesus, thank you.

again, just because a punto can hit 60 in 2nd, doesnt automatically mean a vtr can- IT'S BECAUSE OF THE REV LIMIT AND GEARBOX, NOTHING TO DO WITH THE POWER OF THE ENGINE. you could fit 4 turbos to a vtr but it still wouldnt hit 60 in 2nd on the standard limiter
Old 4th September 2006, 18:04   #40
hesslevtr
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): 1.6 vtr
hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!hesslevtr is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Dont think he means a filter, filters just filter air. He means a system which actively forces air into the engine

turbo or supercharger then

my for sale ad
Closed Thread