Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 19th November 2007, 20:44   #121
AliC
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Furio, 300+BHP EP82, zx6RR Ninja
AliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to all

Good job finchy with the sensor! Having mine fitted this weekend using your guide so once again big thanks!
Old 19th November 2007, 20:49   #122
FinchysSaxo
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Megane F1 R26 Liquid Yellow
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
FinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really nice

not a problem m8, if you want me to make you a sleeve just ask il charge 10quid posted lol
Old 19th November 2007, 20:51   #123
AliC
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Furio, 300+BHP EP82, zx6RR Ninja
AliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to all

lol dont worry, think i can give that one a go myself!
Old 19th November 2007, 20:53   #124
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

FinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really nice

ok lol worth a try haha
Old 19th November 2007, 20:54   #125
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Anders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinchysSaxo View Post
i think m8 if you read my guide properly from the beginning you will find that i have talked through what to do with the oil pressure sensor...lol
I have read you guide 'properly' thanks.

You say it goes into a hole in the engine block but it melted so you had to rebuild it to make it smaller. Have we got to rebuild it? If so how on earth is that done?
Anders0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 22:27   #126
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

lol ok m8 well you can either let it melt and come in two pieces and it will be shorter and wire the ends up. or i think a mk1 sensor is shorter and wont melt upto you. i didnt no wat u ment
Old 19th November 2007, 22:28   #127
marc_safc
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): silver saxo vtr
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
marc_safc is just really nicemarc_safc is just really nicemarc_safc is just really nicemarc_safc is just really nice

i found when i tightend the manifold on it snapped my oil sensor lol so going to get a mk1 sensor when i get round to it
marc_safc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 22:29   #128
teebag
Established Member
West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1997 R Reg MK1 VT1.0 saxo
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
teebag is a splendid one to beholdteebag is a splendid one to beholdteebag is a splendid one to beholdteebag is a splendid one to beholdteebag is a splendid one to beholdteebag is a splendid one to beholdteebag is a splendid one to behold

would it fit a mk1 1.0? my exhuast is dying so am thinking of replacing it.
Old 19th November 2007, 22:34   #129
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

i think so m8 as if you read page 6, richhyg has fitted one to his and its a 1.1 or 1.0 so i guess it must fit fine
Old 19th November 2007, 23:12   #130
-Richard-
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Ford Transit
iTrader Score: 18 (95%)
-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future

will defo fit your 1.1 any 1.4 or vtr one will fit, mines a 1.1 and fit fine but i had 2 relocated the oil filter etc you wont have to on a mark1 unless your cat is on the manifold but i dont think it is
Old 19th November 2007, 23:13   #131
-Richard-
Saxperience Forum Bum

-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future

i brought mine off sum 1 with a vtr, so now i jus have rear backbox to silence its very loud and sounds mint
Old 19th November 2007, 23:17   #132
Baz
Saxperience Hardcore!
West Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fiesta ST150
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!Baz is absolutely fabulous!

Thats where my sensor is Finchy, however its not in a sleeve, just cabled tied to the battery holder lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordansowden View Post
What is the full name of the stuff you use to t cut badges, Thanks
Baz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2007, 23:17   #133
-Richard-
Saxperience Forum Bum

hi view my raceland video
http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/c...nifoldtest.flv
Old 20th November 2007, 12:29   #134
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
Thats where my sensor is Finchy, however its not in a sleeve, just cabled tied to the battery holder lol
lol its the best location baz would you like to sell me your front bumper haha love it
Old 25th November 2007, 18:21   #135
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

Anders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud ofAnders0n has much to be proud of

Got this fitted today, sounds absolutely lush!

Got a prob though... the top sensor that goes into the hole at the bottom on the raceland doesn't quite reach. Did you lot extend it or am I missing something?

Also when it came to putting the bolt back in the gearbox, the holes didn't line up by about 10mm, I tried to line them up but the manifold wasn't having any of it. Atm I've just left it out as the manifold feels very sturdy as isn't going anywhere. Did anyone else have this problem?

Cheers
Old 25th November 2007, 19:55   #136
steviet
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 34 (100%)
steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!

see when you remove the oil pressure sensor to the middle off the block. what size is the hole in the block ?cause i was thinking off putting mines down by the oil filter where you put the m10 screw. or is the sensor to big for that? if it is to big is there much off a diffrence in size? could it be easily bored out a bit? anyone know? cheers
steviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2007, 12:33   #137
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

the hole where iv shown you to put the sensor is where its on mk1 engines originally, so its perfect for it, upto you if you want to put it somewhere else just duno if it will work m8
Old 26th November 2007, 12:34   #138
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

anders0n have you put the cable round the back of the engine as that should reach fine that way m8.

some people have had problems with it lining up, i think you should try giving the bit on the manifold a lil smack to bend it in the right way as then there is less movement in the exhaust. my bolt fell out once and it made such a noise cuz of the movement
Old 26th November 2007, 19:56   #139
Anders0n
Established Member
South West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinchysSaxo View Post
anders0n have you put the cable round the back of the engine as that should reach fine that way m8.

some people have had problems with it lining up, i think you should try giving the bit on the manifold a lil smack to bend it in the right way as then there is less movement in the exhaust. my bolt fell out once and it made such a noise cuz of the movement
Yep tried the cable round the back but it wouldn't reach. I'll just extend it with some speaker wire or something, then tape it all up neatly.

As for the the bolt, the manifold really isn't going anywhere, feels solid as anything. I'll try a mate pushing on it from the front, but I don't hold much hope.

Cheers
Old 26th November 2007, 20:12   #140
marc_safc
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): silver saxo vtr
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
marc_safc is just really nicemarc_safc is just really nicemarc_safc is just really nicemarc_safc is just really nice

anderson how did you go about your oil pressure sensor mate??? as i said before mine snapped when i tightend the manifold on because it pushed against it......or did u get a mk1 oil pressure sensor??
marc_safc is offline   Reply With Quote