Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 7th December 2007, 12:14   #161
FinchysSaxo
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Megane F1 R26 Liquid Yellow
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
FinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really nice

ye the m10 tap'ing didnt take me long at all bout 10minutes max, kept cleaning the hole out thow.

lol you are taking your time ali, get it on m8, you'll soon see how much nicer it is
Old 7th December 2007, 22:49   #162
AliC
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Furio, 300+BHP EP82, zx6RR Ninja
AliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to all

I know Finchy, the car is down at my m8's tonite so if its not done tomorrow it'l be done by sunday! Will let you know how it goes pal?
Old 7th December 2007, 22:50   #163
AliC
Frequent Poster

AliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to allAliC is a name known to all

Sorry forgot to add Finchy, big big thanks for the thread, great help pal, owe ya one!
Old 8th December 2007, 00:57   #164
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

FinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really nice

klkl get it done in the end?? thats alrite m8 glad i could be of some help mine got some ragging tonight shud be glowing lol
Old 8th December 2007, 19:01   #165
AliC
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinchysSaxo View Post
klkl get it done in the end?? thats alrite m8 glad i could be of some help mine got some ragging tonight shud be glowing lol
Lol love it!
Old 10th December 2007, 17:48   #166
AliC
Frequent Poster

Can anyone tell me, does the dip stick need to be moved? And if it does i take it, t doesnt hit the manifold? Cheers!
Old 10th December 2007, 17:52   #167
steviet
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 34 (100%)
steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!

don`t think you touch it at all. in the pictures in the guide its in the same place
steviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 17:59   #168
AliC
Frequent Poster

Yea but when i went to fit mine there the dip stick was in the way? Because the manifold has to sit against the block the dip stick i think might need moved?
Old 10th December 2007, 18:04   #169
steviet
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!steviet is a great team player!

it just twists and pulls out.
Old 10th December 2007, 18:08   #170
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

Undo the dip stick from the attachment to the engine block, and then you have to slide it between the pips i think thats what i did, il check.....

Yer slide it between the pipes and its fine. Or you could remove it all together while you fit the manifold and then slide it back into hole at the base of the engine (at top of oil filter area) either way will work.
Old 10th December 2007, 18:09   #171
steviet
Saxperience Forum Bum
Scotland Region Member

oh aye. forgot about the bolt that holds it on. ive just done it to lol. glad your here to keep us right finchy. cheers
Old 10th December 2007, 18:19   #172
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

hahaha lol not a problem, some1 has to haha lol
Old 10th December 2007, 18:43   #173
Wayne
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Icelandtic Grey Citroen Saxo VTS 53 Turbo
iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!Wayne is absolutely fabulous!

top guide

Wayne's Turbo S: In Progress. Powered By AS Developments.Signature edited to comply with forum rules: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/misc.php?do=showrules
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2007, 18:45   #174
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

thanks m8
Old 11th December 2007, 11:14   #175
yerdusk
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): '72 Bug
iTrader Score: 24 (100%)
yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!

Finchy, did you have any problems with oil pressure light when you had finished? Mine has been on for about 5 weeks now and oil pressure light is still on. The sensor and wire is all good, and not melted.

Does it have anything to do with changing the size of the filter etc?
yerdusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2007, 13:49   #176
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

i didnt have any problems even thow i melted the sensor. i wud say ur best bet is to buy a new sensor as that will tell you that everything is fine.

when i made the guide and fitted my manifold i drove up the road with the wrong hole tapped, i had so little power, the light was on, and when i open my bonnet the oil breather on top of engine was smoking! not a wise move but it was trial and error lol. as soon as i tapped the right hole the light hasnt been on since
Old 11th December 2007, 14:39   #177
yerdusk
Saxperience Forum Bum

yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!yerdusk is absolutely fabulous!

wrong hole tapped? You talking about the m10 one? Thats the only hole i tapped.

Also since fitting it, my handbrake/brake fluid light has been on! Cant figure out why tho?!
Old 11th December 2007, 14:40   #178
-Richard-
Saxperience Forum Bum
West Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Ford Transit
iTrader Score: 18 (95%)
-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future-Richard- has a brilliant future

Thts Weird
Old 11th December 2007, 14:56   #179
FinchysSaxo
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerdusk View Post
wrong hole tapped? You talking about the m10 one? Thats the only hole i tapped.

Also since fitting it, my handbrake/brake fluid light has been on! Cant figure out why tho?!
ye the m10 1, well if you blocked the bottom hole in the pic ul find out its nt v gd, if u followed the guide uve blocked the right 1 so dw lol.

wat has happened 2 yours is quite strange m8. does it run ok???
Old 11th December 2007, 16:38   #180
yerdusk
Saxperience Forum Bum

it does kinda run ok, last week it sounded as though it was only running on 3 but think I was just being paranoid. It sounds as though the tappets are banging quite a bit, but just not sure tbh