Mobile Devices: Lite Theme CitroŽn: CitroŽn Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience


Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th May 2019, 20:04   #61
RichSaxoVTR
L-plater
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 94
Car(s): 2001 Citroen Saxo VTR phase 2,1998 Mini Cooper MPi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldred309uk View Post
I need to paint some bits of my car because of rust.
I've been doing touch ups on mine as well.
RichSaxoVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2019, 20:10   #62
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster
 
Jonathancilia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Malta
Posts: 294
Car(s): Lada samara 1.3 Citroen saxo 1.5d
Default

Tightening gear linkage <br><br>Sent from my VFD 510 using Tapatalk<br><br>
Jonathancilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2019, 18:46   #63
RichSaxoVTR
L-plater
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 94
Car(s): 2001 Citroen Saxo VTR phase 2,1998 Mini Cooper MPi
Default

I've had new shocks fitted all round and a new n/s anti roll bar link fitted today... It's better and tighter. However seems to vibrate a bit more. Is that normal and because everything is obviously tighter---does it have to bed in?
RichSaxoVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2019, 21:53   #64
aldred309uk
Frequent Poster
 
aldred309uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
Posts: 576
Car(s): 2002 Citroen Saxo desire 2001 Volvo V40 1.9D
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichSaxoVTR View Post
I've had new shocks fitted all round and a new n/s anti roll bar link fitted today... It's better and tighter. However seems to vibrate a bit more. Is that normal and because everything is obviously tighter---does it have to bed in?
In what way does it vibrate? Mine felt a bit more in touch with the road surface when I did my front end
aldred309uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2019, 18:37   #65
RichSaxoVTR
L-plater
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 94
Car(s): 2001 Citroen Saxo VTR phase 2,1998 Mini Cooper MPi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldred309uk View Post
In what way does it vibrate? Mine felt a bit more in touch with the road surface when I did my front end
Recorded a quick video m8---see below. Notice as I get close to steering wheel you hear the vibrate more? Exhaust sounds more muffled inside the car now as well.... Very confusing lol...

RichSaxoVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2019, 10:39   #66
aldred309uk
Frequent Poster
 
aldred309uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
Posts: 576
Car(s): 2002 Citroen Saxo desire 2001 Volvo V40 1.9D
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichSaxoVTR View Post
Recorded a quick video m8---see below. Notice as I get close to steering wheel you hear the vibrate more? Exhaust sounds more muffled inside the car now as well.... Very confusing lol...

Maybe ask at the garage that just rebuilt it?

You can use a hose pipe off cut like a stethoscope, one end to your ear and just point the other end at different bits in the engine bay and you will know when you find the offending item.
aldred309uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2019, 21:05   #67
RichSaxoVTR
L-plater
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 94
Car(s): 2001 Citroen Saxo VTR phase 2,1998 Mini Cooper MPi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldred309uk View Post
Maybe ask at the garage that just rebuilt it?

You can use a hose pipe off cut like a stethoscope, one end to your ear and just point the other end at different bits in the engine bay and you will know when you find the offending item.
It's going back in Monday for checks with them. Sound like exhaust is vibrating whole car now... I will find out... lol
RichSaxoVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2019, 19:37   #68
aldred309uk
Frequent Poster
 
aldred309uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Blackburn, Lancashire
Posts: 576
Car(s): 2002 Citroen Saxo desire 2001 Volvo V40 1.9D
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichSaxoVTR View Post
It's going back in Monday for checks with them. Sound like exhaust is vibrating whole car now... I will find out... lol
I had a very annoying noise caused by the exhaust a few years ago. The bracket which supports the bottom of the down pipe, from the gearbox (support, that is) had broken at the weld and that was vibrating. I found that by getting the car on ramps and just hitting things in the area with a rubber mallet and managed to locate the cause which would have otherwise been hard to find as it looked fine.
aldred309uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2019, 16:51   #69
RichSaxoVTR
L-plater
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 94
Car(s): 2001 Citroen Saxo VTR phase 2,1998 Mini Cooper MPi
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldred309uk View Post
I had a very annoying noise caused by the exhaust a few years ago. The bracket which supports the bottom of the down pipe, from the gearbox (support, that is) had broken at the weld and that was vibrating. I found that by getting the car on ramps and just hitting things in the area with a rubber mallet and managed to locate the cause which would have otherwise been hard to find as it looked fine.

Had it at the garage today. Looks like engine mounts, as both have split and the engine does move. As it now has new shocks all round the vibration before could of been sent to the leaking shocks banging/old n/s link arm.

Anyway i am going to book it in with them to do top and bottom engine mounts both polybushed, while also getting them to fit a racing 4-2-1 manifold while it's there. Bloody cars!
RichSaxoVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2019, 12:08   #70
nuttysaxo
Established Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Kent
Posts: 1,142
Car(s): Saxo Furio
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldred309uk View Post
I need to paint some bits of my car because of rust.
That's what I was looking for clean under ECU which was nice but painted strut tops all the way to inner front chassis top , rear bit is manky but head is off now , so I can get too it too clean it up , its a shit magnet all kinds of debris stuck there between that and bulkhead .
nuttysaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:57.