Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Problems & Queries

Saxo Problems & Queries If you're having problems with your Saxo and you're after a bit of advice, check this forum out...

Old 11th April 2016, 16:04   #1
VeiRoN
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxò VTS 16v
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
VeiRoN is on a distinguished road
Default Saxo 1.1 plastic to metal dipstick possible?

Hi there,does anyone know if there is a metal dipstick from other Saxo or 106 models that can be used a direct replacement for the plastic one?

I've already tried this type but it's a few mm too long

Is there any other that would work? Many thanks.
VeiRoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2016, 18:57   #2
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

When I bought my saxo 9yrs ago it came with a metal dipstick,just recently the seal went on it.The garage got me another one again metal I believe from euro car parts.try these guys maxwize motor factors 01274639999

Last edited by stevo67; 11th April 2016 at 19:04.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2016, 20:20   #3
VeiRoN
Established Member
South East Region Member

You could've just replaced the o-ring though couldn't you? I can't seem to find anything on Euro Car Part unfortunately,I'll have a chat with them tomorrow but I doubt they'll have the metal one,worth a try tough.
Old 11th April 2016, 22:04   #4
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

I could have replaced the "o" ring yes,the dipstick itself was a bit worse for wear though.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2016, 22:01   #5
VeiRoN
Established Member
South East Region Member

If anybody wants to go for the same upgrade since I couldn't find any info online I took some measurements on my own and with some luck the one that I've ordered fits perfectly,this is where I bought it:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3218517631...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

If the listing becomes unavailable at some point for some reason the part number is: 117444/117482
The Following User Says Thank You to VeiRoN For This Useful Post: