Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 10th January 2016, 13:45   #1
Dexter1

Dexter1 is on a distinguished road
Default Fitting Amplifier problems

Hi there! Hope you can help me out as I am sure many of you have been in a similar spot. I am trying to locate a position where I can feed an amplification wire from the car battery through to the foot well. So far the areas I have found seem quite tricky to get to. What is the best and easiest method?
Dexter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2016, 11:58   #2
klass-adj

klass-adj is on a distinguished road

if you open the bonnet of your car just under where you put brake fluid there is a grommet that's where you go through but you might have a small battle on your hands. firstly you'll have to get through the fire wall to make a hole to the back of the dash board i used a long flat headed screwdriver to do this , now after you've done that get some washing up liquid and put on the cable not much just enough to help you push you amp cable through the grommet till you think you have enough through then go back to the car and find it ,its a ball ache but it'll work i think there is a post with instructions in this forum somewhere

i hope this helps
klass-adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 16:00   #3
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62418
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2016, 20:11   #4
AdamB2904

AdamB2904 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by klass-adj View Post
if you open the bonnet of your car just under where you put brake fluid there is a grommet that's where you go through but you might have a small battle on your hands. firstly you'll have to get through the fire wall to make a hole to the back of the dash board i used a long flat headed screwdriver to do this , now after you've done that get some washing up liquid and put on the cable not much just enough to help you push you amp cable through the grommet till you think you have enough through then go back to the car and find it ,its a ball ache but it'll work i think there is a post with instructions in this forum somewhere

i hope this helps
Its much easier from inside the car. The grommet is just behind the glove box, just whip that out. Not sure about saxo, but in my quiky its just 2 white pins that hold it in at the bottom.
AdamB2904 is offline   Reply With Quote