Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 18th January 2012, 22:18   #41
joe333
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Mint 106 rallye, Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
joe333 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sje00 View Post
Not at all mate. Tbh I think Peugeot should've fitted a wilder can in the Rallye engine. It would comfortably made 120bhp. Would've still been lighter than the gross the 8 valve is lighter than 16v. 8v is just as strong as 16v.
8v and 16v enigne are baically the same weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordysport View Post

WHeyyyyy got a thread up at last!. Its looking good, I would stay 8v its worth more at the end, I'd be looking at some serious head work for tuning the 8v, a big valve conversion and then go for a wild cam, bodies and standalone.

Ahha thanks jordon mate I really not sure hwta to do with the engine i want to keep it in a way beacuse its cool to have an 8v that kills 16v's but then again i dont wanna spend all this money on an 8v to get it up to 150ish bhp when i can spend the moeny on an 16v and get like 180ish bhp!

Quote:
Big valves necessarily needed. Some good porting would be a good idea though. A good skim of the head to help compression raise a bit. If your going with the 646 or 645 cat cam be careful due to v close valve to piston contact!
The engine already been skimmed and p tested!...And what would you say is the best cams for it to avoid the piston to hit the valve or???

My new 106 rallye fast road/track Progress Thread!!

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=409293
joe333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 22:42   #42
sje00
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Peugeot 106 Rallye Turbo 385bhp
sje00 is on a distinguished road

The 16v head is heavier and then there's two cams two pulleys twice as much valve gear!
You'll be surprised.

646 will be ok.
sje00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2012, 22:50   #43
sje00
Infrequent Poster

You won't get a 16v up to 180bhp without forged internals or a fuck load of headwork, even then I reckon you'll need lairy cams which means pistons with bigger cut puts then the standard pistons. Then again you need to buy two camshafts and two vernier pulleys for timing. Only one of each on the 8v. So cheaper again.

Cammed and bodied 16v with standard internals 160-165bhp?
My 8v 156bhp and lighter?

Plus 8v on bodies sounds better than 16v IMO. Couple guys from 106oc had cammed and bodied 16v and the 8v did sound better IMO. But then again I can rev mine to 8300rpm where as a 16v can only really go to 7600 - 7800rpm due to hydraulic lifters, from what I've read and heard.

You know you want to tune the 8v. :-D
Old 18th January 2012, 23:12   #44
joe333
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Quote:
The 16v head is heavier and then there's two cams two pulleys twice as much valve gear!
You'll be surprised.

646 will be ok.
Ok say 8-10kg more on a 16v not a great deal!

Quote:
You won't get a 16v up to 180bhp without forged internals or a fuck load of headwork, even then I reckon you'll need lairy cams which means pistons with bigger cut puts then the standard pistons. Then again you need to buy two camshafts and two vernier pulleys for timing. Only one of each on the 8v. So cheaper again.

Cammed and bodied 16v with standard internals 160-165bhp?
My 8v 156bhp and lighter?

Plus 8v on bodies sounds better than 16v IMO. Couple guys from 106oc had cammed and bodied 16v and the 8v did sound better IMO. But then again I can rev mine to 8300rpm where as a 16v can only really go to 7600 - 7800rpm due to hydraulic lifters, from what I've read and heard.

You know you want to tune the 8v. :-D
Awww you no your stuff to well fair play mate

But like my mates (Nick2506) 16v runs like a dream he got 134bhp on a standard enigne with supersprint/pipe exhuast de-cat, hes camming it in the next week or so and hopeing for around 150bhp witch i think is very likely, so with a set of bodies and maybe head work i think the enigne could reach 170/180ish!

I know what your saying about the rpm as well mine out revs him love it and mine sounds really nice with the s1 inlet and would sound crazy with cams, Just not sure about spending alot of money on my engine witch is on about 90 ishk and getting say 150ish bhp out of it that with bodies cams exhuast and head work, when i can get a 16v and get about 15bhp with just cames good air flow and exhuast.

Just had a look on kam and they only sell 645 and it sayd you would need larger bearing head? do you need this for the 646?

Last edited by joe333; 18th January 2012 at 23:16.
Old 18th January 2012, 23:45   #45
sje00
Infrequent Poster

Am sure the weight difference is more than that.

well I'm 4-6bhp behind a similar spec 16v.
You may get up to 170bhp with cams bodies and longer trumpets on 16v.
My engine is in 106k. Been in this spec for around two years.
The 645 and 646 are for the black top large bearing engine. The same that comes in the S2 Rallye.
With 645 and S1 Inlet my car made 127bhp. But it needed a much better map to be honest. Mine never ran right with the S1 inlet! Had it mapped by Perfect Touch, who were far from good let alone Perfect!!
The S1 inlet sounds good, but the Bodies sound RAW!!
Old 19th January 2012, 18:06   #46
joe333
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Am sure the weight difference is more than that.

well I'm 4-6bhp behind a similar spec 16v.
You may get up to 170bhp with cams bodies and longer trumpets on 16v.
My engine is in 106k. Been in this spec for around two years.
The 645 and 646 are for the black top large bearing engine. The same that comes in the S2 Rallye.
With 645 and S1 Inlet my car made 127bhp. But it needed a much better map to be honest. Mine never ran right with the S1 inlet! Had it mapped by Perfect Touch, who were far from good let alone Perfect!!
The S1 inlet sounds good, but the Bodies sound RAW!!
So the 645 or 646 should be ok for mine? and i got an rallye s1 inlet on mine fucking sooo annoying never running right always idling like 1.5k or 2.0k!!

Old 19th January 2012, 19:17   #47
sje00
Infrequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe333 View Post
So the 645 or 646 should be ok for mine? and i got an rallye s1 inlet on mine fucking sooo annoying never running right always idling like 1.5k or 2.0k!!
If you have the black top big bearing head which rallyes do then yes.

Tbh I don't know of any S1 inlet conversion that has worked perfect. Always problems. Tbh I don't think there's that much of a gain from it either. It sounds bit better, but it hasn't got shit on TB's. I got fed with it and did it properly with Sandy's GSXR TB set up.
The Following User Says Thank You to sje00 For This Useful Post:
Old 20th January 2012, 18:21   #48
joe333
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
If you have the black top big bearing head which rallyes do then yes.

Tbh I don't know of any S1 inlet conversion that has worked perfect. Always problems. Tbh I don't think there's that much of a gain from it either. It sounds bit better, but it hasn't got shit on TB's. I got fed with it and did it properly with Sandy's GSXR TB set up.
Ok thanks mate been alot of help

yeah mine is always idling shit then okishh one day really annoys be when sitting a the lights! ill probs end up getting some sandy browns after i cam an engine! still cant make up my mine lol

Old 20th January 2012, 19:01   #49
sje00
Infrequent Poster

You prob need to see mine to make ya mind I reckon.

My S1 inlet didn't idle and cut out or it revved itself it ran hot and was generally shite.
Proper management and bodies was best thing I done.
Old 22nd January 2012, 16:04   #50
joe333
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
You prob need to see mine to make ya mind I reckon.

My S1 inlet didn't idle and cut out or it revved itself it ran hot and was generally shite.
Proper management and bodies was best thing I done.
Yeah thats what mines does hate it soo much!....Im probs going to do bodies then cba with all the arghhroo bullshit with the s1

Old 22nd January 2012, 16:10   #51
moxy89
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): Astra vxr with added boost
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
moxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to allmoxy89 is a name known to all

mate keep the 8v, you wont get 180bhp in a VTS on bodies without shit loads of work. andys on here made 165bhp with a fair bit of work... Keep it 8v mate and bodie it or just cam it and save for a GSi or something..

However if 16v can tidy the bay up loads
moxy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2012, 20:57   #52
Ovens282
L-plater

Car(s): Black Saxo Furio 1.4
Ovens282 is on a distinguished road

Fell in love with your car mate such a shame we don't see more of these beauts around
Ovens282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2012, 22:58   #53
joe333
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxy89 View Post
mate keep the 8v, you wont get 180bhp in a VTS on bodies without shit loads of work. andys on here made 165bhp with a fair bit of work... Keep it 8v mate and bodie it or just cam it and save for a GSi or something..

However if 16v can tidy the bay up loads
Luke mate your saying on the phone go 16v and on here stay 8v! sort it out
and on i wish i could get insured on a gsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovens282 View Post
Fell in love with your car mate such a shame we don't see more of these beauts around
Thanks mate i know getting quit rare now these....Alot more to come

Old 28th January 2012, 13:50   #54
joe333
Saxperience Forum Bum

Default Right - Update stripped the rallye out, And polybushed and sprayed the rear axle!

Littleishhh update!

Stripped the rallye out seats carpet the lot, the floor bit was the worst getting all the tar off, look alright now just waiting to buy a cage and the mounts then spraying the for indigo bluee!

Took the rear axle of and brought come uprated bushings and sprayed it so its look a bite more sexy The owner before under chipped the boot floor but i underseal it when the axle was of haven't got any pics up yet will do later!

Old 28th January 2012, 14:11   #55
JoshB
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 2010 E92 320i MSport
JoshB is on a distinguished road

How'd you find those flo-flex bushes?

Looking good inside man! Are you leaving it after you've give it a lick of paint or are you putting the carpet back in?

--------------------------------
Ooooh, Shiney!
JoshB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 15:33   #56
joe333
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshB View Post
How'd you find those flo-flex bushes?

Looking good inside man! Are you leaving it after you've give it a lick of paint or are you putting the carpet back in?
Yeah there on mate think it feels a bit stiffer at the back but i am waiting to bye some b8's and get the rear beam done to the right height then i think ill notice and different why you thinking about getting some?

Sold the carpet keeping it stripped and getting a safety devices 12point cage so when i weld the mounts in i will be getting the whole floor sprayed indigo blue

Old 28th January 2012, 19:00   #57
NICK2506
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Black '03 Mk2 VTS
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
NICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud ofNICK2506 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe333 View Post
Ok say 8-10kg more on a 16v not a great deal!

Awww you no your stuff to well fair play mate

But like my mates (Nick2506) 16v runs like a dream he got 134bhp on a standard enigne with supersprint/pipe exhuast de-cat, hes camming it in the next week or so and hopeing for around 150bhp witch i think is very likely, so with a set of bodies and maybe head work i think the enigne could reach 170/180ish!

I know what your saying about the rpm as well mine out revs him love it and mine sounds really nice with the s1 inlet and would sound crazy with cams, Just not sure about spending alot of money on my engine witch is on about 90 ishk and getting say 150ish bhp out of it that with bodies cams exhuast and head work, when i can get a 16v and get about 15bhp with just cames good air flow and exhuast.

Just had a look on kam and they only sell 645 and it sayd you would need larger bearing head? do you need this for the 646?
Joe you know you think mine sounds nicer i think you should wait till mines cammed and see what figure i get, how it runs, and how it sounds before you make your mind up! 16v engines sound smoother as well. Hard decision but if youre spending money on power you may as well get the most powerful base to start with? Thats why i didnt tune my vtr!
Wait till mines cammed and then decide
NICK2506 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NICK2506 For This Useful Post:
Old 28th January 2012, 19:44   #58
dan-sport
Infrequent Poster

dan-sport is on a distinguished road

How did you find getting the old bushes out the axle?
dan-sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 20:13   #59
MiniGibbo
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

Car(s): '04 VW Transporter.
MiniGibbo will become famous soon enoughMiniGibbo will become famous soon enough

Good updates lad!

Go 16v
MiniGibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2012, 12:01   #60
joe333
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-sport View Post
How did you find getting the old bushes out the axle?
A pig!....I had to blow torch them out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniGibbo View Post
Good updates lad!

Go 16v
Thanks mate aww still not sure mannn....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICK2506 View Post
Joe you know you think mine sounds nicer i think you should wait till mines cammed and see what figure i get, how it runs, and how it sounds before you make your mind up! 16v engines sound smoother as well. Hard decision but if youre spending money on power you may as well get the most powerful base to start with? Thats why i didnt tune my vtr!
Wait till mines cammed and then decide
Yeah thanks nick mate.....Think that the best idea if i see what yours is like before i make up my mine