Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 15th October 2013, 22:57   #1
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic EP2
Dany4494 is on a distinguished road
Default Need diet help

Right basically I want to improve my diet I box three times a week and the only thing holding me back is my diet I feel like I got no energy sometimes so need some ideas for snacks/meal before boxing and general diet throughout the week just wonderd what sports others do and your diets, im going to cut out all fizzy pop, shit I eat that's full of sugar no take aways ect.
Dany4494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 13:36   #2
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): '08 Civic Type R GT FN2
McGuire86 is on a distinguished road

What is your diet..
Old 16th October 2013, 15:22   #3
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

Can't help with diet without knowing what you eat already
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2013, 16:54   #4
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33h View Post
Can't help with diet without knowing what you eat already

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuire86 View Post
What is your diet..

Pretty bad tbh....

Breckfast most days is 7am porridge but sometimes cba and end up having like biscuits or something with a glass of fresh orange/cup of tea.

Then at work break about 10.30 cup of tea/coffee with biscuits.

Dinner 12pm usually sandwich tuna ,chicken,cheese and pickle,ham usual sandwich stuff with a packet of crisps couple of biscuits and can of pop.

Get home 5-6 ish and still living at home so whatever my mum's made really.

Snacks inbetween usually shit chocolate sweets genral crap sometimes odd mcdonalds if im driving past out and about.

Cant really think now haha.
Old 17th October 2013, 11:33   #5
WestyVTR
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): saxo VTR, Clio 1.2 turbo, prious, Kawasaki 363 nin
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
WestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of lightWestyVTR is a glorious beacon of light

The first thing you must do is commit to the cause. Thoughts are things so the more you think positive thoughts about your choices of nurishment more its likely to hapoen.

A rotation diet is best.

First of all my advice would be to replace tea-coffee with water. Steadily remove all caffine drinks or carbknated drinks etc. Youll see a difference with this change alone.

Then once you are able to do that you can work on learning to feed yourself correctly. Removing all the confectionary first and then non foods such as mcdonalds etc. Its simple but its not easy.... you are addicted to the poison that is suagr.... good luck

Last edited by WestyVTR; 17th October 2013 at 11:37.
WestyVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2013, 12:05   #6
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestyVTR View Post
The first thing you must do is commit to the cause. Thoughts are things so the more you think positive thoughts about your choices of nurishment more its likely to hapoen.

A rotation diet is best.

First of all my advice would be to replace tea-coffee with water. Steadily remove all caffine drinks or carbknated drinks etc. Youll see a difference with this change alone.

Then once you are able to do that you can work on learning to feed yourself correctly. Removing all the confectionary first and then non foods such as mcdonalds etc. Its simple but its not easy.... you are addicted to the poison that is suagr.... good luck
Hahah cheers yeah getting rid of chocolate biscuits for fruit fizzy pops out for water fruit juice and just generally trying to eat well.
Old 17th October 2013, 14:59   #7
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Any more help of anyone would be apriciated.
Old 18th October 2013, 20:20   #8
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Just finished boxing now and im starving need some healthy snack ideas what do you eat before after sports gym football ect, never been good at this healthy eating lark I usualy just see food and eat it.
Old 18th October 2013, 22:42   #9
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): '08 Civic Type R GT FN2
McGuire86 is on a distinguished road

Do some research, plan out a diet and ask for feedback
Old 18th October 2013, 23:47   #10
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

in the stickies of this section is a 'post your diet'

you may pick up a better gist of some form of structured diet, being told what to do is not always best.

I've made the most progress by researching myself, the information is there. Plenty within this section alone if you do a bit of digging.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 20:14   #11
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

if its from the earth or killed then eat it, if its not dont. easiest way to eat clean. I do like how you list biscuits and then at the bottom inbetween you snack on chocolate haha.

like westy said swap everything for water, does make a difference, and drink lots of it, be pissing loads but means always hydrated.

Elisa john did you get that from mens fitness as that was pretty much word for word in one i read today, strange first post too.
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 21:41   #12
wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Audi a3 1.8sport,kawasaki zx9r c2,Yamaha R1 track
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
wullvfr is on a distinguished road

How you getting on with the boxing,what weight are you at?

I was right into the boxing back in 2009/2010 and got my amateur licence but that went tits up after I broke my left wrist......fucking typical

I struggled back at the start with losing weight and that was also due to poor diet,last thing you want to do is not eat enough as the training is very high intensity.You'll be burning a lot of calories whilst training so you need to get the energy levels up.Drink plenty water!

I miss it,I plan on putting the bag back up and incorporating some boxing training back into my current training regime,only thing I'm worried about is my left wrist after breaking it again earlier this year.

Good luck mate and keep at it.
wullvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2013, 21:45   #13
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
if its from the earth or killed then eat it, if its not dont. easiest way to eat clean. I do like how you list biscuits and then at the bottom inbetween you snack on chocolate haha.

like westy said swap everything for water, does make a difference, and drink lots of it, be pissing loads but means always hydrated.

Elisa john did you get that from mens fitness as that was pretty much word for word in one i read today, strange first post too.
Good advice. This is what I've figured from the time I've been training. Goes without saying really tho processed shit = bad for you
Old 17th December 2013, 22:22   #14
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wullvfr View Post
How you getting on with the boxing,what weight are you at?

I was right into the boxing back in 2009/2010 and got my amateur licence but that went tits up after I broke my left wrist......fucking typical

I struggled back at the start with losing weight and that was also due to poor diet,last thing you want to do is not eat enough as the training is very high intensity.You'll be burning a lot of calories whilst training so you need to get the energy levels up.Drink plenty water!

I miss it,I plan on putting the bag back up and incorporating some boxing training back into my current training regime,only thing I'm worried about is my left wrist after breaking it again earlier this year.

Good luck mate and keep at it.
Not bad mate got my license last week and I weigh 72kg would like to drop to 66 so I would be in welterweight and yeah all i feel is my diet is holding me back, and get back in to it mate take it easy on the hand how bad was the break.
Old 18th December 2013, 08:10   #15
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Good advice. This is what I've figured from the time I've been training. Goes without saying really tho processed shit = bad for you
Hence why we're generally living longer etc...
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 18:50   #16
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Snacks, have cereal, porridge, fruit and nut bars, cook some chicken and keep it in the fridge cut into squares or something so you can grab a hand full if you're hungry..

My diet is shit right now, plan on starting again after the new year, when all the drinking and big eatings have passed..

My old diet was pretty much white meat, and veg, most meals.. If i wanted a snack, like i said with the chicken, same with turkey, or grab a raw carrot, or an apple or something..

Like Yates said, once a week, go to the butchers, and the fruit and veg isle of a supermarket, and stock up!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2013, 18:54   #17
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Ya need a bit red meat now and then for the iron. Bit steak mmmm
Old 21st December 2013, 08:47   #18
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Cheers for all info lads boxings out for christmas so probably start when im back at it get christmas out of way all food and beer.
Old 22nd December 2013, 00:07   #19
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Ya need a bit red meat now and then for the iron. Bit steak mmmm
Oh yeah, but day to day meals i mostly stuck with white, once or twice a weak have a nice juicy steak, and also ate vagina as much as possible

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2013, 02:32   #20
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Eating vagina as much as possible is a must lol