Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 14th May 2021, 09:43   #1
luckspeed

luckspeed is on a distinguished road
Default OBD Plug

Can anyone tell me at what age did they fit a OBD socket/plug, did the early mk1 have the flash code style socket??? many thanks
luckspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2021, 11:32   #2
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckspeed View Post
Can anyone tell me at what age did they fit a OBD socket/plug, did the early mk1 have the flash code style socket??? many thanks
As a rule of thumb, if the car has a digital dashboard it has OBDII plug - but only 3 plug ECU models have proper OBD-II. that's usually 1999 onwards

older models have a specific plug on the mk1, it's a big brown socket with 30 pins and you need the Peugeot software to talk to it properly. I'm not sure if they can be flashed off. Probably most mk1 have this setup.

As you said, older models have a 2 pin socket below the ECU which you can use to flash codes. Some very early saxos might have this, 1996 only I'd think.