Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Photoshop Chat...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Photoshop Chat... Use this forum to chat about general Photoshop related things...

Old 21st May 2005, 00:17   #1
gafvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): supercharged saxo vts
gafvts is on a distinguished road

just been given a copy of this and was wondering if anyone can tell me how to change the colour of my car please
gafvts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2005, 00:41   #2
alex19
Saxperience Post Whore

alex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant future

I'll do tut... theres quite afew ways... will post here so be patient please... may take time...
Old 21st May 2005, 02:57   #3
alex19
Saxperience Post Whore

alex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant futurealex19 has a brilliant future

here we go...

There are several ways to chance colour of a car in photoshop... here's just 1,(might do 2 if i have time).

First, select the whole of the cars bodywork...

You'll see if you lasso around the parrimeter of the car, that the windows will still be selected. This is easyily sorted, by holding ALT while lasso'ing to de-select parts without deselecting the whole lasso work and CTRL to add bits while lasso'ing.

Secondly, once you've lasso'd around the bodywork you want to be a different colour, press CTRL+C and CTRL+V to copy the selected part onto a new layer.

The lasso bit shud go off and leave the photoshop looking how you originally seen it before you started working on it. Go to the layers box, shud be somewhere on your screen, if it isnt there, go onto window at the top and make sure layers has a tick next to it. Once your on to layers box... click here...

You'll find that the bodywork is selected again...

Next...
Go onto Image>Adjustments> variations. You see a box comes up with quite afew pictures of the car in but smaller...

set the little sliding thing under 'Saturation' right upto coarse on the right hand side, and to midtones like shown.

Then you can freely click on the images to change the colours. Once you've got a colour you like/want and press OK.

I've chosen yellow (how interesting... )

As you can see... It looks like the been overed in something involved with nuclear...

So to solve this, i simply could change opacity to make it less bright, But on this occasions, I've chanceg the blending mode... which you can see next to opacity in the drop down box, I've changed it to soft light.

And you finished, from...

to...

like? anything your no sure on say!

not bad for an hours work!</font>
Old 21st May 2005, 13:37   #4
gafvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

thanks for that pal, i will give it a whirl
Old 23rd May 2005, 00:19   #5
Saxonator
Established Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
Saxonator is on a distinguished road

nice one alex im sure youv cleared thigns up for plenty of beginners !

including me lol
Saxonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 02:46   #6
alex19
Saxperience Post Whore

ask if you want something show... i can go over everything with a very fine chomb if needed!
Old 23rd May 2005, 21:22   #7
starkie
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Black Saxo VTS
starkie has a spectacular aura aboutstarkie has a spectacular aura aboutstarkie has a spectacular aura about

excellent alex.. nice 1 mate.. i remember when u fist started using photoshop.. your gettign very good now.. keep up with the chops to help begginers..
Old 24th May 2005, 01:39   #8
nixy9
Frequent Poster

Car(s): a Mango Saxo Furio
nixy9 will become famous soon enough

nice one mate bit confusing in the begining but im slowly getting it

so how can you add things to the picture and lower it?

Click Here-->www.VickyD.Co.Uk ^Not Me
Mango Furio / Fox Alloys / PECO Cat Back Duplex S/S Exhaust / K&N Filter /2 12" R Type Subs and now with a Private Plate N1XY V
nixy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2005, 02:28   #9
alex19
Saxperience Post Whore

lowering tut

lowering tut i did awhile ago in the topic^^

what bits do you want to add to a car?
Old 24th May 2005, 03:05   #10
nixy9
Frequent Poster

Car(s): a Mango Saxo Furio
nixy9 will become famous soon enough

cheers Alex i found the digimods page and sorted how to add things to it, (body kit) bit annoying at times, forgot to change the colour as i go so came out shite lol but hey you live and learn hehe

thanks for the lowering link mate, i was still stuck with that one

Click Here-->www.VickyD.Co.Uk ^Not Me
Mango Furio / Fox Alloys / PECO Cat Back Duplex S/S Exhaust / K&N Filter /2 12" R Type Subs and now with a Private Plate N1XY V
nixy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2005, 18:24   #11
al_VTR
East Anglia
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): (broken) mk1 Saxo VTR, MG ZS, BMW 3 Series
al_VTR is a splendid one to beholdal_VTR is a splendid one to beholdal_VTR is a splendid one to beholdal_VTR is a splendid one to beholdal_VTR is a splendid one to beholdal_VTR is a splendid one to beholdal_VTR is a splendid one to beholdal_VTR is a splendid one to behold

i'm gonna have to have a crack at this - bout time i learned how to use it properly.
Alex - your tips should come in handy mate
al_VTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2005, 23:18   #12
frilla
Frequent Poster

frilla is on a distinguished road

thanks mate this has helped me loads! your time doing these and help is much appreciated.
Old 27th May 2005, 21:23   #13
gafvts
Saxperience Forum Bum

can someone tell me what the latest version of photoshop is please
Old 27th May 2005, 21:50   #14
alex19
Saxperience Post Whore

Adobe Photoshop CS 2 mate!