Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 20th August 2014, 11:58   #1
kizmo22
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): 51 plate, silver 1.1 saxo
kizmo22 is on a distinguished road
Default running?

just out of interest, do any of you guys run? i sometimes do a 5k parkrun at the weekends I haven't ran it to my full potential but i have ran it in 25 minutes.

my aim is to get below 21 minutes eventually. I know I can run faster, its just a matter of time!!

what running events are you guys into?

Last edited by kizmo22; 20th August 2014 at 11:59. Reason: spelling
kizmo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 12:00   #2
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

I don't do events but when I was at the gym my PB on 5K was 19 mins 49.

Haven't done anything for a while now.

Back to football training this week and running again once I purchase some correct footwear.
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 12:02   #3
kizmo22
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

wow, awesome! just wondering, whats your age/age group?

the fastest park run runners are generally aged between 25-29 i think the record is something stupid like 16:13, lol

i do football too!! what position you play? i'm LB or RB
Old 20th August 2014, 12:04   #4
Brettles1986
Saxperience Post Whore
South Wales Region Member

Car(s): Mondeo ST TDCI Saxo VTS
Brettles1986 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizmo22 View Post
wow, awesome! just wondering, whats your age/age group?

the fastest park run runners are generally aged between 25-29 i think the record is something stupid like 16:13, lol

i do football too!! what position you play? i'm LB or RB
I am 28 but have piled on the pounds since I was last in the gym so would be lucky to do it in an hour atm

I play as RM generally but I won't be going back into that position until I get my fitness back, so for now I am just training.
Brettles1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 12:11   #5
kizmo22
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

fair enough! at my club, loads of the men seem completely out of it by the time training is finished... seems like when the Sunday league is over everyone has a 4 month rest period until they have to drag themselves of the couch for next season!
Old 20th August 2014, 19:02   #6
Stevie_Talent
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
Stevie_Talent is on a distinguished road

I am addicted to running, I go every day either on my treadmill or along roads,lanes,woods etc depending on the weather,

my best times are
5k - 18.05
10k 37.02
19miles - 2 hr 26

took me a while to get to these times though, just have to keep running and trying to beat your times each time, even if you only knock 10 seconds off each time etc, just a matter of running regularly, I don't go to any event, but I do use an app called endomondo, is free but logs all your runs, bikerides etc, so you can compare your runs, speed etc, is good you have a target time though, when I first started running my target was 5 miles in 30 minutes which seemed impossible at the time but when I managed it it was such a great feeling
Stevie_Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2014, 22:12   #7
kizmo22
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

wow dude, that's awesome!! lol, nice work wish i could do under 20mins :/
Old 21st August 2014, 07:42   #8
Dany4494
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Civic EP2
Dany4494 is on a distinguished road

I sometimes run from work to the carpark if its raining
Dany4494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2014, 10:28   #9
Stevie_Talent
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTR
Stevie_Talent is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizmo22 View Post
wow dude, that's awesome!! lol, nice work wish i could do under 20mins :/
you'll be able to mate, if you keep running
Stevie_Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2014, 17:06   #10
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

I go running now and then. Not as much as I used to. I usually park the car and run up the beach as far as I can and walk back Not really timed myself I just try and keep fit.
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2014, 17:40   #11
Mash
Infrequent Poster

Mash is on a distinguished road

I do all the time, train 4 times a week and race once a month or so (usually 10k or half marathon).

I'm not naturally good it at but really enjoy it, especially getting personal best from races - it's what really drives myself to improve.

I'm hoping to break 1h 30 mins this October in the next half marathon - frustrating because I have family members that can do under 1h 15 mins and barely train!

If you do train hard I would seriously recommend taking it easy and gradually improving but I know it's easier said than done. I've had a couple of injuries that have taken a few weeks to get better just because I went at it too hard in training.

I want to do these park runs my mates do a few and say they are awesome but there are non near me
Mash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2014, 19:48   #12
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

I run now and again, but been doing it more as doing great north run. Done the local 10k other week, 21.13 for 5k and 10k was 46.40 another ten k next weekend.
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2014, 22:07   #13
kizmo22
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mash View Post
I do all the time, train 4 times a week and race once a month or so (usually 10k or half marathon).

I'm not naturally good it at but really enjoy it, especially getting personal best from races - it's what really drives myself to improve.

I'm hoping to break 1h 30 mins this October in the next half marathon - frustrating because I have family members that can do under 1h 15 mins and barely train!

If you do train hard I would seriously recommend taking it easy and gradually improving but I know it's easier said than done. I've had a couple of injuries that have taken a few weeks to get better just because I went at it too hard in training.

I want to do these park runs my mates do a few and say they are awesome but there are non near me
the park runs are awesome. the one I do is in basingstoke, over 300 people turn up weekly I've never been injured before, but then again i guess thats because i'm young?? My training is basically football 3 times a week. 2 actuall training sessions and a match
Old 23rd August 2014, 22:08   #14
kizmo22
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yates View Post
I run now and again, but been doing it more as doing great north run. Done the local 10k other week, 21.13 for 5k and 10k was 46.40 another ten k next weekend.
cool, they're decent times dude!! good luck next weekend!
Old 25th August 2014, 21:44   #15
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

Sometimes wish I could jog/run.. I generally walk at a brisk pace and sprint depending on whether I'm doing fasted cardio or HIIT but jogging for periods of time doesn't compiment my training goals or my body frame.

The sisters boyfriend runs a lot of marathons and does 5/10k's quite regularly. He's built for running though which i'm not and I get bored whilst running or doing most forms of cardio. Mainly as I'm not exactly at a competitive level and I'm quite competitive.

I imagine it's quite addictive to get your times down and better yourself like any hobby.

I quite enjoy doing 100/200m sprints anymore than that I'm crippled.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2014, 20:33   #16
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_vtr_15a View Post
Sometimes wish I could jog/run.. I generally walk at a brisk pace and sprint depending on whether I'm doing fasted cardio or HIIT but jogging for periods of time doesn't compiment my training goals or my body frame.

The sisters boyfriend runs a lot of marathons and does 5/10k's quite regularly. He's built for running though which i'm not and I get bored whilst running or doing most forms of cardio. Mainly as I'm not exactly at a competitive level and I'm quite competitive.

I imagine it's quite addictive to get your times down and better yourself like any hobby.

I quite enjoy doing 100/200m sprints anymore than that I'm crippled.
Well just do it once a week! Just 5k and do it yourself. then try yourself. What I always do.

Well done Boro 10k and got a 45.06 so was happy!

And then today done great north run and clocked 1.43 so we happy. Last year got 1.48 so five minutes off
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote