Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 20th April 2014, 17:19   #1
HD7
Regular Poster

Car(s): '99 Golf GT TDi
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
HD7 is on a distinguished road
Default Dissolvable fat burners?

Looking to getting back into training after this next payday. Wanna start looking at supplements now I have a better job. One of my smaller built mates used fat burners to good effects. Has stopped using them now as he's got the effects he wanted and moved onto other supplements. I will only be using them for ~3 months to shed most of the extra baggage, as well as cardio and the healthy, maintainable diet I was eating. As my mate did, I'll either bin them off, or swap them out for other supplements.

I can't physically take tablets so I was wondering if there are such a thing as dispersible/dissolvable fat burners. Can't seem to find a lot looking on google. If there is, can anyone point me towards half decent ones? I don't mind doing it in the form of powder/shake either, just something which I don't swallow as tablet/capsule form.

Cheers in advance!
HD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 17:24   #2
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): BMW 116d Regional Toner Sales Edition
D4MJT is on a distinguished road

Imagine McDonalds burgers are tablets, you'll shift the beef in no time!

I have no idea
D4MJT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to D4MJT For This Useful Post:
Old 20th April 2014, 18:27   #3
Jigs2895
Established Member
Central South Region Member

Car(s): 1997 Mk1 VTS
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Jigs2895 is on a distinguished road

Green Tea extract on MP.

Wouldn't bother though, stick to a clean diet and varied cardiovascular training between HIIT and fasted cardio.
Jigs2895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 21:13   #4
Gashman
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Icelandic Furio
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gashman is on a distinguished road

Drink green tea throughout the day, plenty of water aswell and a super clean diet. Maybe even carb cycling or the methods suggested above?
Gashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2014, 22:17   #5
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): '08 Civic Type R GT FN2
McGuire86 is on a distinguished road

Unless you drink litres of green tea then it's a waste of money. It only raises your metabolism by about 3/4% so more of a bro science myth.

Diet and training is the key, what do you intend to do ?
Old 20th April 2014, 22:24   #6
HD7
Regular Poster

What I was doing before, and what I was intending to do again is have a mug of green tea with breakfast. Where I'm working, I don't really have facilities to make a mug of green tea. Are extracts more concentrated than a tea bag then?

Aims are to just shed most of my excess body fat to maybe around 15% body fat. I'm not going mad, I want to be able to maintain. Obviously lower is better but due to my build I put on fat real easy.

Before I lost 2 stone with purely weight training and diet. I'm gonna now ride to work and back (6 miles each way) and I mountain bike once or twice a week and surf when its up so usually 3 times a week, surf permitting so I'm hoping I can shed the weight much faster.

I'll re assess my goals when I get to a comfortable size. I don't like the idea of dieting, I prefer to create a sustainable diet that is long term if you know what I mean as opposed to chicken, broccoli and rice for every lunch and then get pissed off after a few weeks.

But more specifically on my diet, it was (and will be after these easter eggs are gone :lol porridge and green tea for brekkie or weetabix and a banana or if I have time some form of eggs. Lunch is usually brown rice and some form of meat with a sauce, brown pasta with some tasty filling or a brown breaded sandwich with a few bits of fruit. I wasn't snacking before but I do 11 hours twice a week so I may have to find some healthy snacks to fill out my day. And for tea whatever mother cooks really which is usually relatively healthy. I just have a smaller portion. Total daily calories was around 1400-1600 whereas to maintain my size, according to various online calculators, I should be having ~3k! Makes me realise how much I am putting away lately haha!

Last edited by HD7; 20th April 2014 at 22:28.
Old 26th April 2014, 20:09   #7
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

if you put the fat burners into a bottle of water they are just going to dissolve anyway?! shake it up and then down it

didnt know that green tea doesnt do much for you, i do drink it at work, maybe 2 cups a day, only due to getting sick of drinking water all the time.

you know you could invest in a flask and then take green tea to work?!

its not a diet its a change in life style. Dont have to just constantly eat chicken rice and brocolli, could have fish, beef, turkey, any veg, throw fruit in there too

every time you want to snack just drink some water, especially on your 11 hour days. If i cut all the shit out my diet in my head i just think im not eating them, and not that i cant eat them, makes it easier for me, and if you know people are all going to be snacking dont sit with them whilst they do it.

It will take you around 4 weeks to notice a difference in body, 8 weeks for family and friends, and longer for everyone else. One thing i always remember as people always give up too soon
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2014, 22:03   #8
Gashman
Frequent Poster

Mixed nuts are a very good snack, fruit or a protein shake?
Old 27th April 2014, 22:57   #9
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gashman View Post
Mixed nuts are a very good snack, fruit or a protein shake?
have you posted in the wrong thread?!
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2014, 05:32   #10
Gashman
Frequent Poster

No, OP said he may have to find healthy snacks
Old 28th April 2014, 21:11   #11
HD7
Regular Poster

Well I'm almost a week in and although I'm getting hungry sometimes, it's going well so far.

Aren't all fat burners capsules? even if they were caplets I'd doubt they would dissolve. Think I'm gonna go in town the weekend and see if I can get a mainly fat burning protein or preworkout or something.

And would love nuts but can't stand the fuckers same with most veg, really don't like it. Having lettuce in sandwiches now though!

I've been taking in green tea bags and getting hot water. Dicks in the canteen charge 20p for hot water though! But having 2-3 cups a day at the mo
Old 28th April 2014, 21:29   #12
Gashman
Frequent Poster

Default Dissolvable fat burners?

If you want something you've never had before you need to do things you've never done before.... Now man up and take some tablets lol. Get a pill cutter or crush them up. If capsules empty the contents? Or as you've suggested get a diet protein. I use matrix nutrition diet whey matrix and I find it tastes ok with a decent profile.

Diet really is the key with losing weight.

Make sure you drink plenty of water too, I'd aim for around 4-6 litres per day. Some might say that's too much/too little but personally I've found that a good amount

Last edited by Gashman; 29th April 2014 at 06:51.
Old 29th April 2014, 19:30   #13
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD7 View Post
Well I'm almost a week in and although I'm getting hungry sometimes, it's going well so far.

Aren't all fat burners capsules? even if they were caplets I'd doubt they would dissolve. Think I'm gonna go in town the weekend and see if I can get a mainly fat burning protein or preworkout or something.

And would love nuts but can't stand the fuckers same with most veg, really don't like it. Having lettuce in sandwiches now though!

I've been taking in green tea bags and getting hot water. Dicks in the canteen charge 20p for hot water though! But having 2-3 cups a day at the mo
Most fat burners on the market are just caffeine filled shite to give you more energy, don't believe the myth that they will shift fat alone. They're just there to boost your energy levels unless you get proper fat burners..

Don't like veg? I hate eating plain chicken breasts and tuna with pasta everyday but I do it because that's what I need to do. You need vegetables so just suck it up and eat them.

As said before, few cups of green tea a day, just pissing away your money
Old 30th April 2014, 14:05   #14
HD7
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gashman View Post
If you want something you've never had before you need to do things you've never done before.... Now man up and take some tablets lol. Get a pill cutter or crush them up. If capsules empty the contents? Or as you've suggested get a diet protein. I use matrix nutrition diet whey matrix and I find it tastes ok with a decent profile.

Diet really is the key with losing weight.

Make sure you drink plenty of water too, I'd aim for around 4-6 litres per day. Some might say that's too much/too little but personally I've found that a good amount
I've tried for years to be able to take tablets and could never do it. It's not manning up :lol: And is emptying a capsule gonna give the same results. I'm drinking plenty of fluids and my diet is on track, no major binges so far.

Really happy though, cos last night I took a paracetemol! Gonna try again tonight and if I can do it again then I'm gonna get some fat burners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGuire86
Most fat burners on the market are just caffeine filled shite to give you more energy, don't believe the myth that they will shift fat alone. They're just there to boost your energy levels unless you get proper fat burners..

Don't like veg? I hate eating plain chicken breasts and tuna with pasta everyday but I do it because that's what I need to do. You need vegetables so just suck it up and eat them.

As said before, few cups of green tea a day, just pissing away your money
What proper fat burners would you suggest then? At the end of the day the reason why I fell off the 'wagon' last year was cos I was eating too much stuff that I didn't like. Don't get me wrong I loved the results but need a diet that is sustainable yet enjoyable.

And fair enough, but there is plenty of evidence saying it as good (admittedly there is plenty for no effect too) but it helps to keep me from snacking and if it does do good then hey, why not!
Old 30th April 2014, 14:15   #15
Gashman
Frequent Poster

I think McGuire is on about ECA, clen, t3, dnp etc... Well there's nothing nutritional in the capsule. It's just a way on getting it into your system
The Following User Says Thank You to Gashman For This Useful Post:
Old 1st May 2014, 14:54   #16
HD7
Regular Poster

I would prefer a more legal, well recognised one to be honest. I know a mate who has had good results from 'Burn Bullets' but can't seem to find any reviews really. Whereas thermoshots seem to get real good reviews.

Some nights I don't get back from the gym til like 8-9pm or later! Would I benefit more from going for a diet whey and replacing my evening meal with it on those days? And having a small snack before I go in? On other days where I get back around half 6 I could have the shake either post gym, pre gym or sub it for breakfast?

Would that be more beneficial than going for fat burners?
Old 1st May 2014, 16:15   #17
SimpleJoee
Frequent Poster

Car(s): Mk1 VTS, FF BG 182
SimpleJoee is on a distinguished road

T3's T5's work brilliants imho.
Used them last year when cutting and they do help you, but with that in mind it's majorly down to how much kebabs you eat.
SimpleJoee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2014, 18:24   #18
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD7 View Post
I would prefer a more legal, well recognised one to be honest.
Alcohol is legal, doesn't mean it's good for you.
Old 1st May 2014, 22:36   #19
HD7
Regular Poster

Okay. So any word on other fat burners?

Or the diet whey idea?
Old 2nd May 2014, 11:44   #20
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore