Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Vehicle Insurance

Vehicle Insurance Please use this forum to discuss vehicle insurance companies, services, quotations, recommendations, etc.

Old 13th June 2013, 11:25   #141
devilsadvocate
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

Car(s): Golf TDI
devilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud ofdevilsadvocate has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riquer View Post
So if my dad buy a car on his name nad insure this car on his name as main driver and I will be the second driver it's still illegal?
It depends, if the car is genuinely his and he drives it more than you the. It's perfectly legal. If however the car is actually yours and you are just putting him down as the main driver to lower the insurance cost then that's fronting which could invalidate your policy if you ever need to claim or get pulled over by a bored police officer.
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2013, 12:37   #142
Riquer

Riquer is on a distinguished road

yeah, my dad will use this car, im new driver and I still want to learn even if i pass my driving license. By the first year i will fill better to drive wich more experienced driver
Riquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2013, 18:44   #143
woolyhead
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo 1.0 l
woolyhead is on a distinguished road
Default Register and insure in Mum's name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
tbh simply way round it is just get the car regested in your parents name and not yours!!!

then they cant say shite as the car will be registerd to the policy holder
If there was an accident they could look into where the young driver was going at the time and if it was a regular trip that he took (eg college, work, etc) they would get suspicious. Then they'd know they'd been had and might get a bit upset. No?
woolyhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 02:32   #144
justben91

justben91 is on a distinguished road

Man any child who has parents that will let em go under their own insurance is either a lucky one or a foolish one if they got rents like mine. Lucky cos that means cheaper to finance foolish if u have rents like mine who love to dictate everything and once they see that they got something u need will push for other things which is totally unnecessary
justben91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2014, 04:11   #145
Mickswan
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 2003 Icelandic Grey 16v VTR 1991 Daihatsu GTti
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Mickswan is on a distinguished road

Nice bump

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=452645
Mickswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2014, 10:16   #146
MuZiZZle
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Phase 2 VTS , E61 M5
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
MuZiZZle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by justben91 View Post
Man any child who has parents that will let em go under their own insurance is either a lucky one or a foolish one if they got rents like mine. Lucky cos that means cheaper to finance foolish if u have rents like mine who love to dictate everything and once they see that they got something u need will push for other things which is totally unnecessary
Aren't you 23 ish? move out