Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 2nd June 2022, 17:38   #1
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster

Car(s): Lada samara 1.3 Citroen saxo 1.5d
Jonathancilia is on a distinguished road
Default Saxo gearbox reverse lights

Hi, my saxo 1.5D has a weird one. Lately my reverse lights have not been working, so i replaced the reverse switch hoping it will fix it. They worked but few days later while backing up i notice they are not working again but sometimes they do flicker on so i thought its a loose connection in the connector on the switch, tried cleaning with vinegar didnt work so i bought another connector, wired it and they still do the same thing, flicker sometimes. Grounds behind rear seatbelts are clean i checked. And i checked the ohm resistamce om switch is good. I even have battery voltage at reverse light switch conmector. What could the problem be?
Jonathancilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2022, 06:29   #2
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster

So an update, this morning i shorted the 2 wires together and reverse lights came on and stayed on, i think it maybe the reverse switch going bad again. Because this confirms the wiring is good
Old 3rd June 2022, 09:05   #3
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

possibly ,but it could be that the selector that the switch pushes against in g/box is worn
so not depressing switch enough to work ,maybe gear linkage due to wear is not fully engaging the reverse -so not operating switch correctly
If there is a washer onthe switch ,could you fit a thinner one?
Old 3rd June 2022, 12:31   #4
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster

Tbh i dont know if there is actually a washer, if there is its so fused into place that it doesnt look like there is lol. And i checked the ohm resistance of the sensor its fine. When pressed it has low ohms and when not pressed its infinite resistance. I feared what you said that it could be an internal fault.
Old 3rd June 2022, 12:54   #5
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster

I think it is the switch, i wired it outside the gearbox, pressed the ball on the end of the switch and bulbs didnt come on, il try to buy another sensor and see what happens.
Old 4th June 2022, 10:00   #6
Jonathancilia
Regular Poster

Problem solved.. switch was bad, now i replaced it and lights are working. Moral of the story is even newish parts can be a problem