Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 6th July 2014, 15:32   #201
Andre21

Car(s): Citroën Ax 1.4D Citroën Berlingo 2.0 HDi Toyot
Andre21 is on a distinguished road

It need attention.
Andre21 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andre21 For This Useful Post:
Old 7th July 2014, 13:01   #202
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

This morning I've spent removing the rest of the stone chip around my rusty bit on the drivers side rear rusty bit, fortunately it doesn't seem to have spread much past the small spot welded in panel

In keeping with wanting to repair it as best as possible I'd rather not simply patch a repair. I'll drill out the spot welds, clean it up and I've made templates for the bits to be replaced

And offered up into place

The task over the next few mornings will be to make the pieces up to be welded in and remove the old rusty piece of panel
willsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2014, 18:11   #203
willsy
West Midlands

willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

My templates have worked out nicely. Just a bit of tweaking and tidying up of the edges and then they'll be weld ready, hopefully tomorrow fingers crossed.

Old 11th July 2014, 11:06   #204
willsy
West Midlands

Welding finally in progress :-)
Old 12th July 2014, 01:06   #205
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Awesome work mate!

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 20:36   #206
willsy
West Midlands

Cheers Josh

The welding that I wanted doing has all been done, it'll allow me to get the interior finished and back together in the coming weeks. Sure I'll find more at some point when I investigate further underneath, we'll see.

Got the rear bumper bracket all ready for paint today, whizzed over the new metal with a variety of wire drill attachments, went all around the seams with seam sealer (the stuff is evil is all I'll say) then applied some OE stone chip.

Just need to finish the top spot welds now, they're ground down just needs finishing.

And inside

Front seat mounts next. The original piece that snapped off was clean enough to weld back in then some small plates were welded over each of the drivers seat front mounting points to strengthen it up.

I should be able to fly through the interior prep now before giving it a bit of paint before reassembly :-)
Old 12th July 2014, 20:39   #207
blackie_2k5
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTR Turbo, 106 xsi track slag, Transit recovery, B
iTrader Score: 25 (100%)
blackie_2k5 is on a distinguished road

as always, attention to detail is full of win matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
FUCK YES. I won on the internet.
blackie_2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 21:43   #208
Andre21

Car(s): Citroën Ax 1.4D Citroën Berlingo 2.0 HDi Toyot
Andre21 is on a distinguished road

Very impressive Work!

That look really nice man!

Keep Going
Andre21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 22:33   #209
tastysombrero31
Infrequent Poster
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo 1.1 Forte
tastysombrero31 is on a distinguished road

Jesus how do you have the patience, are you some sort of restoration saint?
tastysombrero31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2014, 16:33   #210
willsy
West Midlands

Aha not quite, but I do have the patience of a Saint. I just need to find some motivation to get the prep work finished on the interior so that I can paint it. Prep work bores me to tears :-(
Old 14th July 2014, 19:05   #211
tastysombrero31
Infrequent Poster

Do it, I'm loving the updates when they come!

I wish I was that much of a perfectionist, when stuff is done right it always looks so much better
Old 15th July 2014, 18:54   #212
tastysombrero31
Infrequent Poster

I've sent you a PM as well Willsy
Old 20th July 2014, 23:13   #213
willsy
West Midlands

Busy bee again today. Cracked on with the interior prep now that the welding is out the way.
Decided to crack on with bits in segments for the prep stage as it's more manageable and less boring than slaving away for hours without seeing much result.

First up I did the rear boot panel, all straight and no dents which was good however loose luggage over the years had scratched and chipped the paint in several areas which had developed slight surface rust. Easily stripped back with a quick skim with the wire drill attachments, treated and primered

The boot floor is near perfect so no lengthy prep required there.
Next up was the rear bench trough. I suspect that his had been wet at some point and the poor paint finish had started to degrade and lift in places with a number of scratches which had developed a thin layer of surface rust again. It didn't look too bad after a general degrease and clean, but having starting to sand away at the scratches the old paint seemed to be very powdery and only took a mere tickle with the sandpaper. I wasn't happy with it so decided to strip that right back to the bare metal in the end, treated again and primered

Much better

Then onto the drivers rear footwell. Several areas I'd already tended to and treated previously, in the middle of the footwell the OE finish is stone chip texture so I have reapplied some over the bits which I've tidied up before primering to retain as best as I can the OE finish. Here's progress so far

Old 21st July 2014, 09:18   #214
qrty
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorWest Midlands Region Member

iTrader Score: 19 (100%)
qrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of lightqrty is a glorious beacon of light

Progress on this looks awesome!!! Really wish I had the patience to tidy up my cars like this!

How did this go? Get that patched up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsy View Post
qrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2014, 14:43   #215
willsy
West Midlands

Yes mate, that little issue was sorted too. I'd ground it down and the majority of it around the hole was just surface rust but took the wise decision to cut it all out and replace the lot, I'll grab a pic next time I'm in the garage.
Old 28th July 2014, 17:55   #216
willsy
West Midlands

Been very busy lately on the 309, before putting the interior back together I wanted to do a proper job of the interior paintwork. Peugeot did cover quite well when it left the factory but with scratches, uncoated bits, some paint looking a bit flaky and the odd slight bit of surface rust here and there I'll be so much happier with it knowing it'll be spot on in the long run. It is a shame that just about all of it is hidden, never mind.

Here's my progress so far

The Following User Says Thank You to willsy For This Useful Post:
Old 31st July 2014, 21:39   #217
willsy
West Midlands

Started to tackle one of the 309's rust related Achilles heels this evening. This being the 4 sunroof drain tubes which suffer if the tubes become blocked. The rears in particular seem to be an issue as when fully assembled the sunroof blind housing pinches the drain tube to half it's natural diameter.

Anyway all 4 of mine were needing attention. This being one of the better condition front ones

A basic guide on 309 owners suggests trimming the tubes then bonding in a suitable length of of 10mm plumbing pipe..... Here's the pics from the guide

I figured that I could better that a little more accurately and with a 10mm OD the new 8mm ID just looked too small. The hole in the existing tube is 12mm diameter, It'll be regularly maintained and won't see much wet so I've bought some 12mm diameter (10mm ID) 316 marine grade stainless tube. This'll act as a perfect insert rather than completely removing the old tube too, so still similar to the guide. Only the ends were knackered so 15mm length of the existing tube remains.

New stainless cut to length

The insert then fits into the old tube with some gentle persuasion. A light smear of metal araldite was applied to bond it permanently. And voila

Nice and snug from the top too

All in all very happy and that's another job ticked off the list
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to willsy For This Useful Post:
Old 31st July 2014, 23:05   #218
Dan-Subtlem
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Series 1 Rallye
iTrader Score: 151 (99%)
Dan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team memberDan-Subtle is a well respected team member

The attention to detail on this car is ridiculous, most people would have sorted the outside look wise and tidied the inside a little but never have gone to the detail you have.

Have you set a budget to get the complete project finished? I know your probably not considering selling it anytime soon but what do these go for in pristine condition?
In balls deep and worry about the consiquences after
Dan-Subtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2014, 19:43   #219
willsy
West Midlands

Cheers Dan, I'm certainly enjoying the challenge. Budget wise there isn't one, it'll take as much as it takes to do it to what I hope will be a high standard.

I've seen a few so far be advertised between 4-5k they've been in good original condition visibly. There's only one I know of that's been fully restored to a very high spec, that's not likely to be for sale again anytime soon though and I'm not sure how much he paid for it off the bloke who did the original resto, I'd imagine it was a hefty fee though
Old 1st August 2014, 20:35   #220
westwell_22
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Cobalt Blue 106
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
westwell_22 is on a distinguished road

Are you using rattle cans for the painting?
westwell_22 is offline   Reply With Quote