Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Digital Photography Discussion

Digital Photography Discussion A place to discuss digital photography, swap tips, tricks and pics!

Old 6th February 2012, 10:26   #1
Gordi
Established Member
North East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo Vtr
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Gordi will become famous soon enough
Default Diana F+ mini

Girlfriend bought me one of these for my birthday with the flash.. anone got any tips, advice etc when using them? i got a film developed and diddnt get many good phtoto need practice.

anyone got / used one! what did you think?
Old 6th February 2012, 13:05   #2
Samp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

North Wales Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Fabia VRS PD130/ VTR Mk2
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Sam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud ofSam has much to be proud of

Not seen them before, looks like a fun camera for street photography. Have you looked on thier website. It has a how to section and some video's.

http://microsites.lomography.com/dianamini/

Scan and post some pictures if you dont mind, i wouldent mind seeing the results.
Old 6th February 2012, 14:43   #3
Gordi
Established Member
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sams_VTR View Post
Not seen them before, looks like a fun camera for street photography. Have you looked on thier website. It has a how to section and some video's.

http://microsites.lomography.com/dianamini/

Scan and post some pictures if you dont mind, i wouldent mind seeing the results.
yeahh ive been hammering the lomography wesite i bought some proper lomography film today and some black and white.. ive had some developed but most were shit!! my fault. im guna run a few films now ive learned a few things and i will scan them in
Old 6th February 2012, 16:35   #4
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

I want to get a Diana Mini. seen them for around £40 - £50.

out of curiosity, other than film (and batteries?) is there anything else i'd need? and specific film you say?

when we went to Sardinia last year my mate took various film cameras, and the images from the lomo looked cool!

Sorry for the Hijack btw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2012, 16:53   #5
Gordi
Established Member
North East Region Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
I want to get a Diana Mini. seen them for around £40 - £50.

out of curiosity, other than film (and batteries?) is there anything else i'd need? and specific film you say?

when we went to Sardinia last year my mate took various film cameras, and the images from the lomo looked cool!

Sorry for the Hijack btw!
have a look on here dude

http://www.lomography.com/

part from what you said no nothing else is needed just patience i think lol!! ya can use normal film around iso400. but i looked on that site n it tells u what you can get from different films then i just looked on ebay and ordered some
Old 6th February 2012, 16:56   #6
Gordi
Established Member
North East Region Member

heres my camera if ur interested

Old 6th February 2012, 17:00   #7
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Sweet, yeah i'd had a browse.

I watched a review for the Diana mini. the guy said "if you don't want the costs of medium format printing, this is great"

what is medium format?

I've seen this one's cheaper than the mini, but other than being slightly bigger, i don't know what the other differences are?

the idea of taking two photos in one frame is pretty cool to me on the mini though!

main reason I wanted one was because not only do the images look good, it's nice to have some actual prints of photos etc (I know you can print DSLR images too) but the idea of this just seems good for the money

edit, see the pic, they look awesome being so small as well.

edit 2: I think i might go for this one - http://uk.shop.lomography.com/camera...ana-f-w-oflash

only thing missing is the idea of 2 images in one frame on the mini which i quite like.
Quote:
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender

Last edited by Ashleyp; 6th February 2012 at 17:21.
Old 6th February 2012, 17:24   #8
Gordi
Established Member
North East Region Member

Quote:
Sweet, yeah i'd had a browse.

I watched a review for the Diana mini. the guy said "if you don't want the costs of medium format printing, this is great"

what is medium format?

I've seen this one's cheaper than the mini, but other than being slightly bigger, i don't know what the other differences are?

the idea of taking two photos in one frame is pretty cool to me on the mini though!

main reason I wanted one was because not only do the images look good, it's nice to have some actual prints of photos etc (I know you can print DSLR images too) but the idea of this just seems good for the money

edit, see the pic, they look awesome being so small as well.
Is medium format like ya normal size photo? i duno lol.. these are 24x24mm square prints it cost me £5.99 to get a film developed.. I love the effects you can get from the camera with the color and the light there awesome. i will scan some of my ones i did in tomorrow? even though they are crap!

The mini is sweet as it literally fits in your pocket get one with the flash kit. u get colour gels (see blue on my photo) to put in the flash also for cool lighting.
Old 6th February 2012, 18:12   #9
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Vtr, 172, throttle bodied track slut
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Medium format is king.

Google all the old hasselblads.

Normal film is 35mm.
Old 6th February 2012, 20:20   #10
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Medium format is king.

Google all the old hasselblads.

Normal film is 35mm.
cheers Ry. Been chatting to my mate who has a couple of little lomo cameras.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A2MYZTXAH2P19F

think this is the best deal i've seen for one.

for the money, I think i'm going to give it a blast and hopefully have some fun with it!

Not sure if it's the same deal as yours Gordi?

Also, seems i've progen you right in less than 7 days Ry! deffo not stopped spending on cameras haha
Quote:
Old 6th February 2012, 20:37   #11
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!Ryan is absolutely fabulous!

Its easy to spend money on kit, espec when you decide you want to create in new ways.

Its worse for me as I generally prefer to have the kit, so id rather spend a ton of cash to create something rather than do so in wankoshop (argh hate it).
Old 6th February 2012, 20:40   #12
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

do you use lightroom? or photoshop? or both, out of interest?

I got lightroom, as it seemed to me to be a more user friendly version of photoshop - well, perfect for a n00b like myself
Quote:
Old 6th February 2012, 21:13   #13
Jungle_Jimm
Forum Section Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): RX8, Cliosport 197
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!Jungle_Jim is absolutely fabulous!

Ah good old medium format, you can get some cracking images on it. They use 120 roll film which is twice the width of 35mm film. Different cameras will create images on the film in different sizes, 6x6 which is the square style Hasselblads shoot mean you only get 12 shots per roll, compared to 645 where you get 16 shots.

If you are shooting black and white then consider learning to develop film yourself, its pretty easy and if you scan in the film you wont need enlargers and big chemical tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyjay View Post
Wheels = The sex. James = The sex. His sk1llz = The sex.
Jungle_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2012, 21:33   #14
Ryanp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
do you use lightroom? or photoshop? or both, out of interest?

I got lightroom, as it seemed to me to be a more user friendly version of photoshop - well, perfect for a n00b like myself
I have Lightroom, Picassa and wankoshop.

Most of my music stuff goes through Picassa as if I like it I'll keep it if I don't I'll bin it.

For really big shows I'll sometimes run Lightroom as I just use the quick collection to whittle down 2000 pics to 300 quickly.

I try to avoid wankoshop unless I'm doing an artists press shoot where I need to clone out spots etc.... I try to avoid that horrid programe, it's more for manipulation than editing.
Old 7th February 2012, 09:47   #15
Gordi
Established Member
North East Region Member

Quote:
cheers Ry. Been chatting to my mate who has a couple of little lomo cameras.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...A2MYZTXAH2P19F

think this is the best deal i've seen for one.

for the money, I think i'm going to give it a blast and hopefully have some fun with it!

Not sure if it's the same deal as yours Gordi?

Also, seems i've progen you right in less than 7 days Ry! deffo not stopped spending on cameras haha
This is the one i got dude:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lomo-Diana-M...8&sr=1-2-fkmr0

i was messing about with it last night becos i noticed that in my photos my subject was rarely centre. apparantly you have to aim above the subject if at close range in order to get it centre :l quite hard to get used to. with my nikon whats in the view finder is what you get in the photo.. not this case with this apparantly! something to think about when u get it lol

id love to do my own little lab im shooting in black and white next looking forard to see what results i get x
Old 7th February 2012, 14:17   #16
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!

cheers.

will be buying one soon I think, had a chat with a mate who owns a la sardinia, and a fisheye.

having two images on one frame has sold it for me, got a few cool ideas for snaps already

also, I had considered buying the Diana F+ (non mini) for the interchangable lenses, but the added cost of processing 120 film / buying a 35mm back for it just isn't worth it, as I only want it for a cheap but of fun.
Quote:
Old 12th February 2012, 18:40   #17
Tontsy
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region MemberSouth West Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberScotland Region Member

Car(s): Audi
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Tontsy is on a distinguished road

i have about 15 lomo cameras... which i need to sell tbh.
holga, fish eye, coloursplash, ect ect.

i loved using 120, but since i have no acess to a darkroom anymore, its no use to me.
Tontsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 09:59   #18
Gordi
Established Member
North East Region Member

Pleased with my roll of film i have developed heres a photo with a few. Ive put an iso400 black and white film in now so will post results from that too! im exited to see them!