Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 2nd March 2014, 17:47   #1
rossk
L-plater

rossk is on a distinguished road
Default new corrado 90s goodness

right well i sold my saxo vtr around a year ago now but seem to still be around here regularly so thought id stick a project up for my new. car you all seemed to like my old white corrado one thing lead to another and i sold it due to the bad paint etc it was never the car i wanted got 1000 pound for it and moved on
here it is just before i sold it but i kept the wheels

Shortly after i brought this this grey one for a steal at 600 pound because the guy didn't list it in cars on ebay but parts it came with a months tax and mot it has full factory grey leather and has had a respray at some point recently aswell as full vw service history up till 2007 from new heres the car when i got it

here it is at a show previously

since then i have put an mot on it (passed first time) and stuck the bbs reps on it, aswell as a full stainless exhaust so it looks like this

after driving it around i felt the need for more torque and a new clutch so im sticking a 2.0 16v abf engine in it out of a mk3 golf for more power and torque im hoping for around 170bhp once setup properlly and bonus is it pretty much drops straight in as i can run it on the current fuelling. Heres the engine when i got it

engine after a clean up and paint

anyway thats it so far let me know what you think
rossk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 18:09   #2
Connorsaxo
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 1.1 Saxo Desire
Connorsaxo is on a distinguished road

Looks good! Always liked the corrado
Connorsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 18:10   #3
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

How come you are going for the 2.0 16v lump and not the VR6? The price of the engine and box?

I just got a 2.0 8v Mk3 golf, not a bad car for £400!

Looks good though, i prefer it with them wheels it had on at the show picture though!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 18:37   #4
rossk
L-plater

i prefered it with the brocks but i took the pic before i owned the car so settled for what i had .Im opting to put the 2.0 in as its easy the vr6 is hard to put in as it uses a different subframe axles exhaust and wiring etc im also only 20 so wary of insurance the abf only puts it up 50 pound a year. Im hoping to supercharge the abf when funds allow thanks ross
Old 2nd March 2014, 19:02   #5
Mickswan
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 2003 Icelandic Grey 16v VTR 1991 Daihatsu GTti
iTrader Score: 12 (100%)
Mickswan is on a distinguished road

Love these, one of the cars I remember as a kid. I nearly bought one a few years back, drive it loved it paid a deposit and the seller wrapped it round a lamp post. Gutted.

Will be keeping an eye on this.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=452645
Mickswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 19:05   #6
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

Love corrados! I was going to get one a while back but they're getting old now and I've heard the electrics can be a nightmare
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 19:13   #7
rossk
L-plater

cheers guys their getting rare now barely see another one as for the electrics their not that bad just avoid the sunroofs i did 6000 miles in the last one with the only electrical issue being the ignition switch
Old 3rd March 2014, 10:34   #8
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore
Content ContributorEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 1985 E28 BMW 525E 2.7
GolfJay is on a distinguished road

Absolutely love these! I take it that with it being a 16V, it runs a 4 stud hub and narrower (none VR) subframe? If so, the ABF is a good call!

Definitely keeping an eye on this one!
I'm a lovely person. I'm not kidding, I really am!
GolfJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 12:54   #9
rossk
L-plater

exactly right jay its 4 stud narrow track which arguably results in better handling need to get the new engine in as the clutch is getting pretty bad. Thats one mean mk2 you have aswell jay
Old 3rd March 2014, 13:02   #10
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossk View Post
exactly right jay its 4 stud narrow track which arguably results in better handling need to get the new engine in as the clutch is getting pretty bad. Thats one mean mk2 you have aswell jay
Cheers man. I'd be against the 5 stud setup due to a smaller range of wheels available as opposed to the 4x100 pattern.

My new wheels should be on tonight. Watch this space
Old 3rd March 2014, 15:38   #11
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Always loved corrado`s brilliant shaped car.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 18:58   #12
Nik_L
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): 205 GTi
Nik_L is on a distinguished road

Can't beat a nice Corrado tbh. Its a car i would have in a heartbeat, but always 1 i seem to forget when looking for a new car.

Is it the 1.8 16v KR at the moment?? What's your plans for getting the ABF up to 170bhp?? Been a while since i was on the VW scene but isn't the KR lump more tuneable?? As in ABF head swap etc??

I had a Mk3 Golf GTi 16v (lighter than the Corrado) and it was pitiful. I don't rate those engine's at all. For 150bhp they are pretty gutless, need to be over 3.5k rpm to go anywhere, and even at that, it still didn't pull all that great. Wasn't a revvy engine either.

I would have stuck with the KR and tuned it. Bike carbs or the likes.
Nik_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2014, 20:34   #13
rossk
L-plater

its is the kr engine at the moment but they are even less torquey than an abf and hard to tune without spending big money. The cams in it are good so changing them doesnt do much only option with the kr is bike carbs but they eat petrol or turbo etc and they always lack torque because the shorter stroke you really have to ring its neck to make it go only really pulls over 4000 rpm which is annoying for everyday driving

Intresting what you say the abf has a very good reputation and often make around 160bhp standard im gonna run it on k jet with exhaust filter etc and then take it up to stealth to get it rolling road tuned and 170 isnt unusual and then when funds allow i would like to eaton supercharge it to around 240bhp
Old 23rd March 2014, 18:19   #14
rossk
L-plater

well update this weekend was time for the engine change it started of well had the car stripped in a day and removed the engine the next morning. The first issue was the radiator which broke when i went to pull the hoses of anyway carried on started moving everything over only to break the dizzy by accident i persevered and fitted the new clutch but went to change the clutch release bearing and the little clips were broken on the new one. I continued with the old one and went to change the cambelt and they've sent me the wrong one so i am forced to finish it next weekend when i will change the clutch release bearing and the cambelt.ow also got the wrong rocker cover gasket as well heres some pics

engine out

the hole it left

cleaned up the engine bay

as i left the engine

on the plus side swapped my lenso bbs reps for these borbet t,s staggered 16x7.7 and 16x9

they were badly curbed so set to work correcting that heres one done
Old 24th March 2014, 01:18   #15
Spoonaltap
Infrequent Poster

Spoonaltap is on a distinguished road

How did you sort your curbing mate? I'm trying to sort a set of rims at the minute that has bad curbing. I've tried using a dremel which works but don't know if that's the best way.
Spoonaltap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2014, 20:39   #16
rossk
L-plater

i just worked it out with alot of sanding with a block went through the grades then scotch brite then polish hope that helps
Old 16th May 2014, 22:45   #17
rossk
L-plater

update alot has happened since the last update the engine is in and ive done 3000 miles since. It runs sweet as a nut had a few teething problems but everything is great soon after i fitted the engine i went to Yorkshire and the lakes with a few mates for my 21st it was brilliant fun and a 90s showdown as my mate was driving a 1991 200sx. The car was great went up the hardknott pass in the lakes and the rhynose pass some brilliant roads and weather and to top it of 46mpg heres some pics

just before the pass it was rather steep at a 1 in 3 gradient however the corrado sailed up unlike my mates gpz 500 which broke down half way up with a fuel blockage

anyway holiday aside my new wheels are now on after replacing both rear wheel bearings disks and pads.Last weekend i went to apex festival at lydden hill was a good day but only soar four corrado heres a quick rolling shot

heres a pic from the show got some good fedback and rather happy with the car not sure about the colour of the wheels what do you think?
Old 16th May 2014, 22:48   #18
GolfJay
Saxperience Post Whore

Looks sweeeet!