Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Other... > Health and Fitness...

Health and Fitness... Discussions relating to health, fitness and general well being should be discussed within this forum...

Old 26th January 2014, 11:30   #1
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): Clio 182, Fireblade GSX-R 750
L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of
Default Quiet in here

Its really quiet in here atm. Hows people getting on with their training?

I'm currently on my 3rd week off with working down london. Its absolutely killing me tbh
L33h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2014, 11:39   #2
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Ross is on a distinguished road

Sites been down for a few hours hence quiet
Old 26th January 2014, 11:41   #3
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

L33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud ofL33h has much to be proud of

I ment for the health a fitness section
Old 26th January 2014, 18:22   #4
wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Audi a3 1.8sport,kawasaki zx9r c2,Yamaha R1 track
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
wullvfr is on a distinguished road

I've been training well,running roughly 3-5 days per week.

I'm also doing high intensity training,on the days I run I do a workout when I get back and if its a day that I haven't jogged then I do a more intense workout which usually lasts 25-30mins.

I try and jog mon-fri though.......

I've roughly lost a stone now so just another stone to go and I'll be happy,unlike last time where I just did running I feel better and stronger with all the circuit training im doing.....by the time I'm down to 12st I should be leaps ahead of when I was that weight before.
wullvfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2014, 19:32   #5
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Good good nice to see youre making good progress . Its killing me down here i feel like im gettin skinny and fat at the same time lol. Might be summit to do with the full english breakfasts every morning n the steaks on a night haha
Old 26th January 2014, 20:55   #6
Carl-h
Established Member

Car(s): Honda Civic Type-R EP3
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Carl-h is on a distinguished road

Mines going well. Training with the owner of my gym but it's a 3 week training 7 days a week then a weeks rest. The training is intense though so your ready for the rest lol. I missed my last 2 days last week though as I was suffering from a bit of a cold and was struggling to get out of bed never mind to the gym hahaa!

Rest week this week so I'll smash some cardio on the bikes I think.

Eating is awful at the minute. Really really need to sort that out.
Carl-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 00:16   #7
JacobLongman993
Regular Poster

Car(s): 2002 VTS
JacobLongman993 is on a distinguished road

Going pretty good at the mo Shoulder has healed up nicely and hasn't caused me any problems for a couple of months now! Also should be going back to Taekwondo next month which will be interesting as I've been out for since last years English championship.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=452721
JacobLongman993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2014, 00:31   #8
saxo-paddy
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo forte 2000
saxo-paddy is on a distinguished road

got an operation in next few days....recover from that then back into gym like i used to get some cardio done....
saxo-paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 12:57   #9
matt_vtr_15a
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Stage 1 Mitsubishi Evo 6
matt_vtr_15a is on a distinguished road

I've had a month off, just got back into training yesterday... missed it a lot but had other priorities, for now gym is number one priority again

A new gym has just opened near my house to which I have just joined, now got 4 decent gyms within walking distance of my house it's great.

Decent couple of guys to that have set it up and not struggling for space like other similar gyms do.

Glad to be stuck in again and shuck off a couple of injuries/niggles that have been holding me back a little.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...457196&page=21
matt_vtr_15a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 13:03   #10
Giraffe
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Giraffe is on a distinguished road

I'll be getting back in to it in February for the first time since July last year! Gotta wait til all the last minute tax return bellends are done so I'm not working 100% of the time.

Also eating much less in the hope I'll lose weight and size so I can set about rebuilding back up. Not cutting as such, as I don't think there's any muscle left anyway!
Giraffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2014, 16:00   #11
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Im stoll at the gym near me. Probably would of had a couple of weeks off after new year woth it being busy lol. Theyve asked me to work down here for another few weeks aswell. Bit shit but im maling good money lol
Old 29th January 2014, 14:16   #12
Carlvtr88
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): 1.1 106 XN Time, MK2 VTR 01. Ford Focus ST3 CP320
Carlvtr88 is on a distinguished road

Still going strong. Started supplementing Glucosamine-Sulfate Powder. Fuck me, I know why people take the capsule form. It's like someone just bolted in you're morning orange juice lol.

I'm going to use it, then get some tablets instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappert View Post
bet your bird likes it tho
Carlvtr88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2014, 14:36   #13
L33h
Saxperience Post Whore

Do ya think itll actually make a difference? Ive heard that its full of shit but never tried it myself lol
Old 29th January 2014, 16:08   #14
McGuire86
Saxperience Post Whore
South West Region Member

Car(s): '08 Civic Type R GT FN2
McGuire86 is on a distinguished road

Never stop.

Not taking many supps at the moment, just whey and my vitamins.
Old 30th January 2014, 15:14   #15
Carlvtr88
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33h View Post
Do ya think itll actually make a difference? Ive heard that its full of shit but never tried it myself lol
My mum has bad knees and used to be in terrible pain. I think it was due to her job of fabric cutting and standing up and down all the time. She started taking Glucosamine a couple of years ago and said she's never felt so good. No pain, much better knee support and no pain or clicking.

I reckon there's gotta be some truth in it.

I'm just taking my PWO shake and a coffee as my PreWO.

I have however, had a free 90 capsule tub of Thermopure from MP.
Supposed to aid in fat burning and boost metabolism and energy. I'm not sure how much these tabs had to do with this, but after taking them for a few days, I went in Gym yesterday and felt very energetic. Possibly just the Caffeine in them.
Quote:
Old 30th January 2014, 20:53   #16
PastyVTR
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): VTS
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
PastyVTR is on a distinguished road

I'm taking MusclePharm assault pre-work out. Really enjoying it, gives me the energy and
drive for an hour at the gym and 20-30 mins in the pool straight after.
Looking to cut down on bodyfat without losing muscle if possible. Enjoyable and good exercise as well.

Had bad scapular issues (if that's the right word). My shoulder blades do not rotate smoothly and properly :/. Been majorly holding back progress and causing pain. Anyone else have similar issues ?
PastyVTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2014, 16:10   #17
Carlvtr88
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastyVTR View Post
I'm taking MusclePharm assault pre-work out. Really enjoying it, gives me the energy and
drive for an hour at the gym and 20-30 mins in the pool straight after.
Looking to cut down on bodyfat without losing muscle if possible. Enjoyable and good exercise as well.

Had bad scapular issues (if that's the right word). My shoulder blades do not rotate smoothly and properly :/. Been majorly holding back progress and causing pain. Anyone else have similar issues ?
Absolutely. It affects my form on some exercises, so much that I actually have to avouid doing certain things. I'm thinking of seeing a Doctor/physio to see if there is an issue.

On my right shoulder I can do my normal stretches and warm up, but my left shoulder has some pain and there is some sort of friction on rotation. As I've been training it's getting better as my shoulder gets stronger but it's still not ideal. This is why i've opted for the Glucosamine and also I will start the ole " cod liver oil " again.
Quote:
Old 3rd February 2014, 01:51   #18
Yates
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): MK1 - 1.1 Animal
iTrader Score: 19 (95%)
Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!Yates is absolutely fabulous!

go see a physio for a sports massage with reference to the shoulder blades. I seen one before i had pains in my ankle from running, when doing consultation he got me to see how far i could put my hand up my back, ive had a bit of a sore shoulder for years, popped out once, nothing major, never really hurt or held me back, just a slight pain every now and again and he noticed i couldnt stick that arm as far up as other, he worked at it during session and much better now.

my trainings going ok, started writting everything down now and almost every session i am breaking pb. Mainly never recorded so never remember what i did time before or never pushed myself as wasnt that arsed. Need to add more cv tho
Yates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2014, 23:05   #19
PastyVTR
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

Yeah I went to the physio. He wasn't that much use tbh, told me to look up the exercises online! I was mistakenly under the impression that was his job... He basically gave me some resistance bands and told be to put them under my foot and lift upwards in different directions, whilst concentrating on keeping my shoulder blades sort of pinned together. Basically its the scapular muscle that is weak from what I gather.
Old 3rd February 2014, 23:08   #20
PastyVTR
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

I am now swimming often so I hope that it will strengthen the muscle, but at the moment its really stopping any progress. My left dies out, when my right could do many more reps. Think the only thing to do is concentrate on keeping them pinned back whilst doing exercise and do the strengthening movements, he said it will be a long process though which I expected of course.