Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 2nd February 2013, 21:11   #1
Pmatt

Car(s): Saxo LX 1996
Pmatt is on a distinguished road
Default Saxo tailgate unlocking from the inside!

I have a 1996 Saxo LX with a stuck tailgate. I can push the lock button quite easily but nothing happens. Using the key, I can no longer turn it in either direction.
If I pull down the rear seat back from inside the car and grovel about inside, I can see part of the rear lock mechanism but nothing happens if I randomly poke it with a screwdriver.
I feel that if I can get the tailgate open I can have a go a dismantling it to see what is wrong, but how can I release the lock from inside the boot!
Your help would be appreciated.
Pmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2013, 23:21   #2
OllieVigar
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo silver forte 1.1 Mazda mx5
OllieVigar is on a distinguished road

Iirc you can undo the two bolts holding the boot lid to the car, the will open the boot from then you can take the back panel of easily and see the problem
OllieVigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2013, 20:49   #3
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Take the plastic boot trim off from inside the car,then with pliers gently pull the metal actuator rod up.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2013, 23:34   #4
Pmatt

Car(s): Saxo LX 1996
Pmatt is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your replies. Having become entangled in the seat belts while extricating myself from the boot on my last trip, I am going to have another try later this week and try all of your suggestions. I'll report back when I get back.
Pmatt is offline   Reply With Quote