Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 26th July 2014, 12:13   #1
jbrady72
Established Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTR (2001)
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
jbrady72 is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel pump priming issues

I recently posted saying that my fuel pump doesn't like priming when I turn the ignition on.
It was all right for a bit then it's got worse again and takes a go few attempts for it to prime.
Also I've noticed when I turn the ignition in and the fuel pump doesn't prime, the engine light isn't on. All the other lights come on as they should when you turn on the ignition but the engine one doesn't. Then eventually the engine light comes on and the fuel pump primes so is this a key/ignition barrel problem rather than fuel pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"That's one motherf*cking, fine-ass pussymobile MOTHERF*CKERS"
jbrady72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2014, 12:34   #2
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): BMW 116d Regional Toner Sales Edition
D4MJT is on a distinguished road

Does it struggle to start or just refuse to start if the fuel pump hasn't primed dude? Is your ecu unlocked or not?
D4MJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2014, 12:38   #3
jbrady72
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4MJT View Post
Does it struggle to start or just refuse to start if the fuel pump hasn't primed dude? Is your ecu unlocked or not?

I've taken the immobiliser box out cos it kept immobilising and taking forever to start so I did the method and took it out and it was fine. A few weeks after it's now fuel pump not priming! It doesn't start at all if the fuel pump doesn't prime but once it does prime it starts as soon as te key is turned and runs fine

Old 26th July 2014, 13:29   #4
D4MJT
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): BMW 116d Regional Toner Sales Edition
D4MJT is on a distinguished road

I had a similar issue recently which I may have just fixed.

Checked the connection on the fuel pump incase it's corroded? Mine usually primes but I've had hard start issues lately which I think I've just fixed. Whilst fucking on making sure all the throttle body sensors were clean I may have forgotten to plug the throttle body heater plug back in.
D4MJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2014, 13:51   #5
jbrady72
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4MJT View Post
I had a similar issue recently which I may have just fixed.

Checked the connection on the fuel pump incase it's corroded? Mine usually primes but I've had hard start issues lately which I think I've just fixed. Whilst fucking on making sure all the throttle body sensors were clean I may have forgotten to plug the throttle body heater plug back in.

The plug on it is fine I've looked and wiggled it just to even check it's not just a dodgey connection and it doesn't change anything. If I have it running, turn it off and take key out and go back to it within a few minutes then it's fine but if I leave it for say longer than 15mins or so then I have to out the key in, turn ignition on, nothing so take key out, back in, ignition on, nothing, key out etc until it eventually primes. ill check al sensors etc though

Old 27th July 2014, 13:01   #6
jbrady72
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by limit075249 View Post
Fluminense, the defending champion, may on Saturday July 13 in the International within the Buy Fifa 15 PC Coins town of Maca, to recover from the setback of Botafogo and shorten several points separating him from the leader. Another of the strongest contenders for the title, Corinthians, has many ballots Sunday for three points that will take over Atletico Mineiro, who will play with alternates in order to Buy FIFA 15 Coins reserve forces for the first leg of the final of the Copa Libertadores.

Inbox prickle. He loves this stuff

Old 27th July 2014, 15:07   #7
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Take the relay out(under the ecu)clean the contacts & pop back in.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stevo67 For This Useful Post: