Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 11th January 2008, 00:16   #21
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Bristol View Post
TU flywheels are already very light compared to most cars..
Agree. They also are not that strong
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 00:19   #22
MaRiO89
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!

Can they break?

Why were they made lighter, do you know?
Old 11th January 2008, 00:29   #23
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Yes they can brake and when they do you really don’t want to be any where near the car. It rips through even thick steel panels like its butter. I have never known a stock one fail but I have had a few crack. I have seen a few lightened ones go though. If you want a lmuch ighter one go for a alloy or steel one. Don’t take to much of the stock iron one.

They are relatively light because the TU engine has large mass counterbalances crank shaft. So the engine idles very well. They also make the TU a very well balance. Even if say you have a rod a few gram out it make little effect to these engines compared to most. All in all there really a great little engine.

Last edited by AXracing; 11th January 2008 at 00:34.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 00:33   #24
MaRiO89
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region MemberWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!MaRiO89 is absolutely fabulous!

Yeah i have seen photo's of tears through bonnets etc..

Yet more good info from yourself..
Old 11th January 2008, 13:53   #25
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberSouth West Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Bristol View Post
Yeah i have seen photo's of tears through bonnets etc..
Scary stuff

Cant remember who it was on here but they managed to end up with a cracked and completely farked cam cover because something inside had come loose and shot through it
RedB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 17:12   #26
Joesnow
Frequent Poster
North East Region Member

Car(s): Mk 1 VTS poseidon blue
Joesnow has much to be proud ofJoesnow has much to be proud ofJoesnow has much to be proud ofJoesnow has much to be proud ofJoesnow has much to be proud ofJoesnow has much to be proud ofJoesnow has much to be proud ofJoesnow has much to be proud ofJoesnow has much to be proud ofJoesnow has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN-VTS View Post
How much was it?
I found it in the sale section on here a while ago - Pugsport Flywheel. I've never been able to find it on the peugeot sport site! It says £935 and thats probably genuine if its been designed for the super 1600s like stated.

I've posted these on previous flywheel threads! I'll post them again... can never have too many pics!

Joesnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2008, 19:32   #27
RedB
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region MemberSouth West Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!RedB is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesnow View Post
I found it in the sale section on here a while ago - Pugsport Flywheel. I've never been able to find it on the peugeot sport site! It says £935 and thats probably genuine if its been designed for the super 1600s like stated.

I've posted these on previous flywheel threads! I'll post them again... can never have too many pics!

whoopsie

How much was the bill?
RedB is offline   Reply With Quote