Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 8th November 2013, 09:09   #21
deano_123
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Range Rover Sport
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
deano_123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinObviously View Post
It's not any car, it's a french car.
thanks for your useless input
Old 8th November 2013, 09:18   #22
nicole_
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): VTS & EK9
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
nicole_ is on a distinguished road
Default Running problem

I had the exact same issues as you, changed absolutely everything. In the end it just needed using lol, ran like an absolute dog until I started using it everyday, used to cut out at every opportunity.
nicole_ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nicole_ For This Useful Post:
Old 8th November 2013, 09:37   #23
luthor1
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

luthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to behold

Make sure firstly that the throttle Cable is not pulled tight which causes the throttle to 'open' a little. Then ensure that the throttle butterfly is returning to a closed-enough position.

If the throttle butterfly is being held a tiny bit open by the cable, or the adjustment, then the voltage from the TPS to the ECU won't go below the prescribed voltage to put the car into 'idle' mode and you will get issues. I think it's 0.6 or 0.7 volts you can check on a multimeter with the engine running by poking a sewing pin into the signal wire and measureing the voltage. speak to John at GMC for more info, he knows more about the stock ECU, but ironically the throttle may be set a tiny bit too far 'open'
luthor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2013, 18:29   #24
deano_123
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Range Rover Sport
deano_123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthor1 View Post
Make sure firstly that the throttle Cable is not pulled tight which causes the throttle to 'open' a little. Then ensure that the throttle butterfly is returning to a closed-enough position.

If the throttle butterfly is being held a tiny bit open by the cable, or the adjustment, then the voltage from the TPS to the ECU won't go below the prescribed voltage to put the car into 'idle' mode and you will get issues. I think it's 0.6 or 0.7 volts you can check on a multimeter with the engine running by poking a sewing pin into the signal wire and measureing the voltage. speak to John at GMC for more info, he knows more about the stock ECU, but ironically the throttle may be set a tiny bit too far 'open'
checked this, no issues with the throttle cable position or the butterfly being slightly open (i've had it apart again for cleaning)

i then ran the thing, again, for 15 mins at idle, then sat in revving it at varying levels for different lengths of time and then took it for a short few laps of the street (no tax)

still the fucking same!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 8th November 2013, 19:16   #25
luthor1
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

luthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to beholdluthor1 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Deano, just to be as helpful as I can - the TPS isn't opened by the adjuster a little too much is it? It need to be below, I believe, 0.6volts when closed has that been tested too??
luthor1 is offline   Reply With Quote