Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 19th December 2013, 20:59   #1
djx11b
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Car(s): Saxo Vts Mk1 1997
iTrader Score: 15 (100%)
djx11b is on a distinguished road
Default Turbo spacer help please

Been having issues with my turbo build.

The turbo and oil feed are to close to each other and have been looking at ways of getting around it.

If I get a 10mm spacer that goes between the manifold and turbo it will move everything enough for it all to fit ok and effects nothing else doing that.

Wanting to know can I fit the spacer straight on in between the turbo and manifold or do I need a gasket each side of the spacer ?

Link to part - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1610542356...84.m1497.l2649
djx11b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 21:22   #2
boony
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): vtr'd FURIO....
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
boony is on a distinguished road

Will you still have enough drop for your oil return ?
boony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 21:34   #3
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

Sorry I don't really know your setup. Though you tend to want to keep the turbo high if you can. You cay just need to take your oil feed off the block with a banjo or possibly just reconfigure the turbo it self a bit. Though to your question you would normally use a gasket with the turbo and spacer.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 21:47   #4
djx11b
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

Boony - Yes would still have enough drop. I measured it all up to check first my set up is the rubber hose that goes from the bottom of the turbo and then on to the sump it is about 15cm so losing 1cm would be ok it'll just slide up more.

axracing - Tried to move it about and try different angles but the oil feed is just to close to the turbo they touch and this is causing the manifold to leak as I can't get it tight enough due to this issue a 1cm drop should be ok I hope and everything else will still fit on ok.

thanks for answering the question I'll get some gaskets and give it a try.

old photo as new oil feed is on now and slightly different but shows where the spacer would fit in -

Last edited by djx11b; 19th December 2013 at 21:51.
Old 19th December 2013, 21:59   #5
AXracing
Saxperience Forum Bum

AXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud ofAXracing has much to be proud of

It does look like the spacer would work. Though I may be tempted to try a banjo fitting on your oil pipe.
AXracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 22:05   #6
boony
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): vtr'd FURIO....
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
boony is on a distinguished road

As ax said a banjo fitting will be better
boony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2013, 22:56   #7
djx11b
Frequent Poster
Scotland Region Member

I now have a banjo fitting on the turbo that end is not the issue it is the other end coming out the engine block the turbo is to close to it I have a right angle end coming out to make it as small as possible.

gaskets and spacer ordered so will see how I get on. thanks for the help