Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 26th March 2010, 11:24   #1
Cammy
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

iTrader Score: 8 (83%)
Cammy is on a distinguished road
Default Enclosed filter; playing around

Decided today i was gona get round to try and get more cold air into the raceland induction kit, decided id get my drill out from my electronic days (surprised i had all the drill bits left - normally ended up snapping them )

Whipped out a 32mm (im sure it was that size, if not it was close to it.., cut a massive hole near where the coolant hose thing clamps onto the slam pannel, then realised half of the slam pannel couldn't go straight through to the engine bay, so really only 20mm or so of cold air, is getting in.

Took it out for a test drive, noticed the exhaust sounded a little louder, whent onto the dual carrageway, and resulllt, car seems to be smoother up the rev's and a little more power from the feel of it, and exhaust sounded better too.

Have seen people whipping out the trusty ol' flatblades and drilling 10mm or 15mm holes in the slam pannel, never thought it helps that much! but the way my raceland is sitting, the air cant go nowhere except in the enclosement, and the hole is directly infront of the green filter too

Was also di-impressed with the raceland induction, as the slam pannel always obscured the flow of air into the filter.

Last edited by Cammy; 26th March 2010 at 11:26.
Cammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2010, 11:27   #2
frankie
Saxperience Addict
South West Region Member

Car(s): VTRallye
iTrader Score: 18 (95%)
frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!

my slam panel is quite butchered...

when i was cutting chunks out of it, i cut through the rad
Old 26th March 2010, 11:30   #3
Cammy
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Lol, mines butchered at the moment too, thinking i might make a few little holes on the left hand side so more air from directly infront of the grill can flow in.. and see how that helps.

Frankie, did you notice an improvement from it? as i dont want to be sounding like a noob saying that it feels more responsive and as if its got a little more grunt to it lol
Old 26th March 2010, 11:33   #4
frankie
Saxperience Addict
South West Region Member

frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!frankie is absolutely fabulous!

a wee bit, not special though.

but it does help to get more cold air through....just need to drill some holes in my grille
Old 26th March 2010, 11:35   #5
Cammy
Established Member
Scotland Region Member

Ah suppose you're running a mk1 arent you? so the front grill dont let in as much air as the smiley grills im presuming?
Old 26th March 2010, 11:36   #6
frankie
Saxperience Addict
South West Region Member

yea, ive got the early mk1 grill, so its even worse...

think im going to do what db has done