Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 12th February 2014, 17:00   #81
dobsd001
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Citroen Saxo Vts
dobsd001 can only hope to improve

Very inspiring work mate, Ive always struggled keeping the interior of my cars at a good standard, whats your methods on bringing the internal panels up to scratch? I can never get my dash etc to look that clean.
dobsd001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 17:47   #82
rorz_vts
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Icelandic vtr turbo
iTrader Score: 36 (97%)
rorz_vts will become famous soon enough

Going to subscribe to this, got a soft spot for 309's just never been able to find one when I've had money. Can't wait to see it all done mate, your cars are always class when your through with them
Old 12th February 2014, 17:59   #83
vtectransplant
Frequent Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Nothing fun anymore....
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
vtectransplant is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsy View Post
Cheers mate, centre console had to start off with a good scrub with baby wipe/quick detailer combo, then a few coats of Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber care. Leaves a nice finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobsd001 View Post
Very inspiring work mate, Ive always struggled keeping the interior of my cars at a good standard, whats your methods on bringing the internal panels up to scratch? I can never get my dash etc to look that clean.

There ya go
vtectransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to vtectransplant For This Useful Post:
Old 16th February 2014, 20:00   #84
willsy
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region Member

Car(s): '64 Volvo V40 R’Design, '89 Ph1 309 GTi, ‘97 Mk1 S
iTrader Score: 125 (100%)
willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

Evening all, some more progress will come over the next few days. Not sure exactly which bit I fancy working on yet though, although I may actually Hoover the engine bay lol.

Started taking the headlights and grille panel out to inspect behind them for what is a common rusty area. Although not perfect I'm quite pleased that there's nothing horrendous to tackle. The moss has been evicted from below the headlights too.

Here's a few 'before' pictures before I get cracking

willsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 19:00   #85
willsy
West Midlands

willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!willsy is absolutely fabulous!

Well today I got a bit more done on the 309. Started the day by hoovering the engine bay to get rid of all the conifer, I actually managed to fill the dyson!

I then thought I'd get the sunroof working again, another thing that didn't work due to neglect and an infestation of shrubbery blocking everything. It does now open but I want to figure out how to remove it entirely to clean things up properly. To give you an idea of what I've had to clear out....

I'll post up more pics of that once I've finished it.

I then carried on removing some interior trim for some more cleaning

Cleaned the rear bench area up easy enough

Funky old skool feature alert, the levers here open and close the rear windows

More to be done tomorrow
Old 17th February 2014, 19:09   #86
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

The things you do to cars amazes me! I'd have cleaned one bit, and just given up!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 20:35   #87
willsy
West Midlands

Lol cheers mate, it does take a fair bit of time and determination.
I've been fortunate enough to have had a decent size garage to do most of the work in, without that it would be very difficult. Much easier when the cars aren't daily drivers too, I can take much longer doing jobs without rushing to get it back together again for work the following day etc.
Old 17th February 2014, 21:37   #88
colliedog79

Car(s): Ax gti, T reg saxo vtr from new...
colliedog79 is on a distinguished road

Love them cable operated rear window openers!
colliedog79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 23:49   #89
smiith
Saxperience Hardcore!
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 520bhp Honda Jazz
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!smiith is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsy View Post
Lol cheers mate, it does take a fair bit of time and determination.
I've been fortunate enough to have had a decent size garage to do most of the work in, without that it would be very difficult. Much easier when the cars aren't daily drivers too, I can take much longer doing jobs without rushing to get it back together again for work the following day etc.
Totally get that, think i would find it easier to work on cars if i wasn't laid outside, on the ground, with the wind blowing through the garden!

Hopefully one day i will have a decent size garage where i can keep a project and take my time and work through it! With some heating in there too!

Life's a bitch, then you die.
smiith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 10:37   #90
willsy
West Midlands

Another day of progress to begin shortly. Think I'll aim to finish sorting the sunroof out and clean the backrest part of the rear bench as today's tasks.

Other than that I need to sort out and list for sale all my 106 XSi spares to free up some funds
Old 18th February 2014, 19:46   #91
willsy
West Midlands

Spent most of the day tinkering with the 309 again.

Managed to get the back rest parts of the rear seats cleaned up with the wet vac, they've come up brilliantly so very pleased with those.

The rest of the day was spent dismantling the sunroof and starting to clean everything up, goddam conifer & sludge everywhere

Got this far before calling it a day

Old 18th February 2014, 19:57   #92
Anton_vts
L-plater

Car(s): mk1 vts
Anton_vts is on a distinguished road

i am loving this! the effort you put into the cleaning is great. can't wait to see it all back together!!!
Anton_vts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 20:10   #93
shaund123
Infrequent Poster

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
shaund123 is on a distinguished road

Is that a new sunroof?!? Ha! Loving the the progress mate, your putting some effort into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
shaund123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 20:16   #94
willsy
West Midlands

Cheers Anton, it's painstakingly slow progress but well worth it.
I'll get everything cleaned up eventually and get it running again. This year will be spent doing that and making sure I've got all the parts/best ones I can find.
Ultimately though I won't be happy until I've saved up for a full respray, but that'll likely be next year as I'll want strip it right the way back to do a bare shell respray on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to willsy For This Useful Post:
Old 18th February 2014, 20:20   #95
willsy
West Midlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaund123 View Post
Is that a new sunroof?!? Ha! Loving the the progress mate, your putting some effort into it
Lol everything in the pic is original except the replacement nuts and bolts, I've got loads of high tensile A4 marine grade stainless bits so it's always nice to replace knowing that things will come apart easily in future.

I spend quite a bit of time cleaning out existing threads here and there aswel, popping a final tap through cleans out any muck & rusty residue that old bolts leave behind.
The Following User Says Thank You to willsy For This Useful Post:
Old 18th February 2014, 21:05   #96
LSOfreak
Saxperience Addict

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
LSOfreak has a spectacular aura aboutLSOfreak has a spectacular aura about

good job on the sunroof. Like new
Originally Posted by timmythechef View Post
Best mk1 on this site IMO.
LSOfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2014, 08:51   #97
vtrmann
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 53 black vtr
vtrmann is on a distinguished road

Liking this progress thread. It just shows ya ya dont need to go out and spend shit loads of money just a lot of elbow grease lol. I must admit after seeing the 106 and this ive been cleaning my car a lot more thoroughly lately. Nice one
vtrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 09:07   #98
willsy
West Midlands

Cheers mate, always nice to know my efforts inspire others a bit too.
It is amazing how far a little bit of attention to detail can go.

Rest days coming up again after today so I should get a few more bits done. I should probably stick with finishing a bit and then carry on, I tend to wander off on a tangent & start doing random bits. Ideally I want to get the interior finished and refitted, it's amazing how much room it takes up when it's out the car. Then I'll see about getting the engine serviced & running.
Old 24th February 2014, 11:13   #99
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Awesome.
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2014, 11:40   #100
stevo67
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Ex saxo owner.
stevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud ofstevo67 has much to be proud of

Looking good mate,i`ll be interested to see how the engine runs.
stevo67 is offline   Reply With Quote