Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 23rd January 2010, 17:10   #2701
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 gti/ SEAT LCR
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

have you paid for the longer trumpets yet dave?
Old 23rd January 2010, 17:59   #2702
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

John from AT Power said they were on order. That was nearly 2 months ago. Haven't paid anything...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 18:01   #2703
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

Maybe its time to give someone at AT Power a gentle push (maybe even a kick up the arse) Toad.
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 18:02   #2704
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

I ran during the week. Spoke to the receptionist. Told me he was in a meeting. Took my details for a call back, nothing...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 23rd January 2010, 18:24   #2705
J222JRA
Saxperience Hardcore!

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Westfield
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
J222JRA is on a distinguished road

They were online on the 18th Toad.....i take it you have tried giving them a Pm???? May get more sense that way if you havent.
J222JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2010, 18:39   #2706
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Yeah, I've dropped John a PM.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 23rd January 2010, 18:43   #2707
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

just try them again on the phone toad, and if he's busy, phone back 5 mins later until he''s not busy... i know how it it, im in the same situation (not with atpower)

will you have the cut the scuttle toadus?
Old 23rd January 2010, 18:49   #2708
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Nah, there'll still be a nice gap between the tip of the trumpets and the bulkhead.

It's still going though oil like fuel though. The digi gauge showed: x x x x x - when I drove up to Pug1Off. So going there and back, and now into London today, it's done around 140 miles, and the digi gauge now shows: x x x - - -

Hmm...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 23rd January 2010, 19:07   #2709
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

dave, ive read the threads on this subject and ive refrained from saying anything as the points i would of made were made by other people..

my opinion is that it should NOT be using oil like that! even the full on race engines at work dont go through oil like that and they are 290bhp from 2 litre and are revving to 8.5k for long periods.... they do not use hardly any oil at all.
Old 23rd January 2010, 19:18   #2710
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

It's weird isn't it. I'm keeping a close eye on the measurements, so I have something substantial to go back to Pug1Off with.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 23rd January 2010, 23:34   #2711
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

at the end of the day your engine is the same as mine, just with slightly higher lift cams. And mine doesnt burn hardly any oil....

To give an example: Ring trip 09.

Started off on the top mark of the dip stick level when we left home. 1,100miles later and 15laps of the ring it was about 3/4 up the level still...

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 08:51   #2712
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Fair enough Josh. I'll give it some more time, as it's still a very young engine.

Some better news: John at AT Power has my 90mm trumpets. Woohoo. And the even better news? They've been used on a similar engine to mine, after using the same short trumpets I currently have, and gave increases in the mid-range. Fingers crossed then, there's more to come out of this engine after a little tweak.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 24th January 2010, 10:26   #2713
unreal106
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 GTI
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
unreal106 is on a distinguished road

hope so toad more power out of the engine will be good just make sure it is reliable at the same time
Old 24th January 2010, 11:28   #2714
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

How many miles has this done? Mines always been the same on oil consumption ever since new....

Sounds good about the trumpets, do you know the exact increases it gave?

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 12:29   #2715
vtr130
Established Member

iTrader Score: -2 (0%)
vtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud of

I dont remember mine drinking to much oil either Jp............

Toad you live in reading!! Where abouts ive just moved to caversham!! You will have to come take me out in your car and see if you can fix mine lol
Old 24th January 2010, 12:35   #2716
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtr130 View Post
I dont remember mine drinking to much oil either Jp............

Toad you live in reading!! Where abouts ive just moved to caversham!! You will have to come take me out in your car and see if you can fix mine lol
LOL. I live in Caversham!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 24th January 2010, 12:38   #2717
vtr130
Established Member

vtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud ofvtr130 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
LOL. I live in Caversham!
Where abouts toad? I live just behind the alto lounge and my Gf parents house is down hemdean road!!
Old 24th January 2010, 12:38   #2718
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsaxo View Post
How many miles has this done? Mines always been the same on oil consumption ever since new....

Sounds good about the trumpets, do you know the exact increases it gave?
I don't know I'm afraid. But it probably wouldn't be a good idea to generalise. I don't want to get my hopes up and then have them crushed! lol. It's promising news though, so fingers crossed.

Pug1Off have done 3 cars prior to mine, all with the same spec, and the best until mine, was 178bhp on Northampton Motorsport's rollers. Albeit, I have more compression, but I'm on 185.2bhp, with the possibility of getting more, so things look very positive.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 24th January 2010, 12:40   #2719
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtr130 View Post
Where abouts toad? I live just behind the alto lounge and my Gf parents house is down hemdean road!!
I live along Derby Road. So you just head up the hill from Caversham town centre, past the pub on the left, then take a right where a speed camera is, and that's Derby Road. How cool.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 24th January 2010, 12:41   #2720
vtr130
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
I don't know I'm afraid. But it probably wouldn't be a good idea to generalise. I don't want to get my hopes up and then have them crushed! lol. It's promising news though, so fingers crossed.

Pug1Off have done 3 cars prior to mine, all with the same spec, and the best until mine, was 178bhp on Northampton Motorsport's rollers. Albeit, I have more compression, but I'm on 185.2bhp, with the possibility of getting more, so things look very positive.
Mine made around 186.8bhp on northamptons rollers mate! But 189.9bhp on another pair. Its all pub chat at the end of the day. If the car goes like stink on the road and makes you happy who gives at shit about the BHP