Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your saxo in this forum.

Old 21st March 2009, 11:44   #1141
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Do you have the corner results mate. Very handy for setting up tyre pressures and dimensions
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 15:02   #1142
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Car(s): French tin can
Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Thanks for the comments guys!

I do have the the results Ads, but I'm still at my folks house, so can't get the pics off my phone. I took a snap of the machine's display. IIRC, the front right was about 30kg heavier than the left. Bit of a guess though. The rears were well balanced left to right. Obviously there was a large difference between the front and back!

EDIT: LOL, must be old age or something. Why I didn't realise I could just look at them on phone I don't know... Here's the results:

Front left: 257
Front right: 284
Back left: 121
Back right: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by sax-oli View Post
and that his dealings even stretch as far as Brazil!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin View Post
All we know is that he's called the Toad!

Last edited by Toad; 21st March 2009 at 15:04.
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 15:15   #1143
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!Toad is absolutely fabulous!

Right, back to fitting the aero catches. I can't believe how much a pain they are being.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 21st March 2009, 16:32   #1144
FinchysSaxo
Established Member
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Megane F1 R26 Liquid Yellow
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
FinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really niceFinchysSaxo is just really nice

Whats up with them?
Old 21st March 2009, 17:13   #1145
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 gti/ SEAT LCR
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

good stuff mate, i didnt think id be too far off.
i need to get cracking on mine soon with more weight loss..
you shuld defiately look into fibreglass doors once a cage is in.

you now have around 208bhp/tonne......... wich is a good achievment mate well done.
change of thread title maybe?
Old 21st March 2009, 17:18   #1146
AlexR
Saxperience Post Whore
Central South Region MemberSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Rep mobiles & Joes ma
iTrader Score: 21 (100%)
AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!AlexR is absolutely fabulous!

Use 2 holesaws for the aerocatches, one the diameter of the thinner part of the catch and one the diameter of the wider bit!

Weight is good. You need to add a cage though...
AlexR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 20:31   #1147
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Finch, it was really tricky fitting them because of the FG bonnet. The bonnet has a second skin, and in the area I've fitted the catches, it sits about an inch lower than the surface, making it really difficult to screw the nuts on.

Danny, FG doors is surely mental? I've taken everything out of the doors as is, and they really don't weigh that much, so i think I'll keep them as is. There's not much I can think of left to take out. Any ideas? What do you mean about thread title change mate?

Alex, I didn't have any flash tools. I used a drill, and then swapped the end piece to one of those things that allows you to sand bits down or widen holes. Worked quite nicely...

Unfortunately, the previous bonnet pins left their remnants, so I tried to cover the holes up as best as possible, but I could only do so much. I will need to get the bonnet down the bodyshop for some filler and a touch up. I also had a couple of misses with the drill!

So here's some pics. Firstly, as promised, the weigh-in:

Most Friday nights are spent down the pub, but Mr Finch and myself, it was hard grafting:

The car without the dash:

And another pic:

Attacking the bonnet today:

Then realising about the under skin:

And the finished product:

And another:

And finally:

I've still for the CF intakes to fit, then I've got some CF wing mirrors to fit too when they come. Big thanks to Finch for all his help with the dash.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 21st March 2009, 20:36   #1148
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Looks awesome mate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 20:40   #1149
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

believe me mate, the doors weigh a hefty amount even stripped back... you take one off and see.
a fibreglass door will weigh around 5.5kgs where a standard fully fitted door weighs around 28kgs !!!!

i mean, over 200bhp per tonne is a good achievement maybe worth mentioning it in the thread title lol.

new progress is cool though mate.. your car is seriously growing on me. (more so than it was)
Old 21st March 2009, 20:41   #1150
Ferg
Saxperience Forum Bum
South East Region Member

Car(s): Clio 197 Cup
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!Ferg is as cool as a cucumber!

Mate looks insane ... It's a real credit to you!!

And no dash ... Crazy haha!!
Old 21st March 2009, 20:45   #1151
Jorge-
Saxperience Forum Bum
East Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mk2 VTS
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Jorge- is on a distinguished road

Love this car, cant wait to see the leggs on it
Old 21st March 2009, 20:55   #1152
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

Thanks guys!!

Danny, holy shit! I never knew they weighed that much!

What do you think about the angle I put the catched on? I've lined them up with the headlights basically...
Quote:
Quote:
Old 21st March 2009, 21:05   #1153
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
Thanks guys!!

Danny, holy shit! I never knew they weighed that much!

What do you think about the angle I put the catched on? I've lined them up with the headlights basically...
yes mate, when i changed my door before i couldnt believe how much it weighed when i had to put it back on.

the catches are good man, thats how id do them personally. keep the lines clean on the front.
Old 21st March 2009, 21:15   #1154
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Rob at CCF is doing fg doors if you're interested. I'm just waiting on him emailing me a list of items so I can get a group buy sorted out
Quote:
Old 21st March 2009, 21:17   #1155
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
Rob at CCF is doing fg doors if you're interested. I'm just waiting on him emailing me a list of items so I can get a group buy sorted out
thats who im talking about with the doors craig. nickheads just got some and the quality seems pretty darn good.

he said he would do some carbon doors so ill be putting an order in the end of the year
Old 21st March 2009, 21:25   #1156
craig180p
Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygti View Post
thats who im talking about with the doors craig. nickheads just got some and the quality seems pretty darn good.

he said he would do some carbon doors so ill be putting an order in the end of the year
I spoke to him about carbon doors but they would still be on a fibreglass inner frame, weighing in at just under a grand a pair. He mentioned Nickhead and something about some front wings as well
Quote:
Old 21st March 2009, 21:33   #1157
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

HOLY crap... I never thought about the hp/tonne figure.

christ man, that's some epic work there!! well done. Pm reply in a jiff m
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 21:36   #1158
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo180 View Post
I spoke to him about carbon doors but they would still be on a fibreglass inner frame, weighing in at just under a grand a pair. He mentioned Nickhead and something about some front wings as well
just under a grand is better than 2 grand from streamline?

ccf are more into the saxo's arent they? if so then the wing idea is no good for me even though id buy some. where'as the doors are the same on 106/saxo.
Old 21st March 2009, 21:40   #1159
craig180p
Yorkshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygti View Post
just under a grand is better than 2 grand from streamline?
ccf are more into the saxo's arent they? if so then the wing idea is no good for me even though id buy some. where'as the doors are the same on 106/saxo.
Exactly what I said. Don't want to sound like I'm slating s*****line but their profit margin must be massive! His price for the carbon roofskin was £400 more than CCF!
Quote:
Old 21st March 2009, 23:04   #1160
Toad
Saxperience Post Whore

I'm still not convinced about the doors...
Quote:
Quote: