Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Saxperience Community Related > Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback

Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback Tell us your ideas of how we can make Saxperience a better place. Also, if we are doing something right... let us know, so that we can do more of it!

Old 19th April 2013, 19:35   #21
m11ler
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Posi VTR, Eunos Roadster
iTrader Score: 6 (88%)
m11ler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpannic View Post
Wasn't trying to be patronising. Was genuinely interested.

The standard fuel cut limiters on most cars suck balls, omex eliminates this problem by cutting the spark instead, meaning you don't lose as much power if you were to hit the limiter.
Yeah I understand where you're coming from, but my point was you can eliminate the problem completely by paying more attention to when you shift, also meaning you have like £80 to put towards something else useful or even more track time itself lol
m11ler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2013, 19:54   #22
m4tt274
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Fabia VRS, mk1 fiesta + some others
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
m4tt274 is on a distinguished road

£80 isnt a lot though really is it, for a bit of a laugh if people want them, let them.
I dont really see any harm.
m4tt274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2013, 22:28   #23
SnakeVTR
Established Member

Car(s): Clio 182 Inferno
SnakeVTR is on a distinguished road

What's that saying.....oh yeah 'each to their own'. People will do what they want with their car/money. Ignore it if you dont like..simples
Old 20th April 2013, 07:17   #24
mof
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): Citroën Saxo Vtr
mof is on a distinguished road

If it annoys you this much, i might just get one haha.
mof is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mof For This Useful Post:
Old 20th April 2013, 09:15   #25
m11ler
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Posi VTR, Eunos Roadster
iTrader Score: 6 (88%)
m11ler is on a distinguished road

Lol at all the kids thinking it was me that started the thread, I was just explaining to a naive member that they were pointless in most cases. I haven't told anybody not to buy one.
m11ler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2013, 14:31   #26
m4tt274
Saxperience Forum Bum

Nobody has quoted or addressed you, we know the guy who likes ZXs started the thread.
Old 23rd April 2013, 08:54   #27
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Car(s): A4 SE/A6 Le Mans
Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by atspeedracing View Post
they use them quie a lot in grasstrack racing where the stock ecu has to be retained. the problem here is that in grasstrack the circuit varies between races as far as surface grip, and even track length if they make the corners bigger etc. so quite often the cars will buzz into the limiter. (these cars run in 2nd gear) the problem with some of the manufacturers ecus is the way the power cuts when it hits the limit, rather than a "bup-bup-bup-bup" it kills the engines power for a second before letting it run again.. costing speed. here they use the omex limiters to come in just before the manufacturers rev limit so that it can maintain a more consistent rev limit, and maintain vehicle speed.

- colin
a bit useless on public roads then I guess. As in save the money and change gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh11490 View Post
I got one, I don't get all the hate, if you don't like them, don't click in the thread?
I don't mind, not my car etc. I do mind when some idiot thinks it's a really clever idea to go pop pop pop buuuuuuurn pop pop at 3 in the morning. Very sure my neighbours aren't impressed either. If you want to play Billy track king, do it on a track. On the road, it's quite funny: please allow me to overtake while you're stuck there in gear making popopop noises like you can't shift.

Quote:
The standard fuel cut limiters on most cars suck balls, omex eliminates this problem by cutting the spark instead, meaning you don't lose as much power if you were to hit the limiter
meaning unburnt fuel goes through your (road legal) cat converter and kills it at some point. Matter of when, not if. I wonder if you attract more po-po attention when you go pop pop.

Last edited by Manu; 23rd April 2013 at 09:01.
Manu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manu For This Useful Post:
Old 23rd April 2013, 10:58   #28
dontpannic
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Fiesta ST
dontpannic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu View Post
meaning unburnt fuel goes through your (road legal) cat converter and kills it at some point. Matter of when, not if. I wonder if you attract more po-po attention when you go pop pop.
Which is exactly why I said that they're useful on track...

If you're having problems with your neighbours using launch control at 3 in the morning, how about reporting them to the police rather than trying to moronically force people on a Saxo forum against buying a launch control unit....!
dontpannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:12   #29
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): BMW 5x M50d.
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
Ross is on a distinguished road

People can choose to buy them and fit them - I don't have any issue with that. The noise thing doesn't really affect me either as dont get a lot of traffic past our house at early hours of the morning tbh.

Wont stop you looking like an utter wanker when you're doing it outside McD's though, which let's face it, is the primary reason most people on a saxo forum want a limiter. It's got absolutely nothing to do with "on track" use has it...
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:23   #30
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Manu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of lightManu is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpannic View Post
Which is exactly why I said that they're useful on track...

If you're having problems with your neighbours using launch control at 3 in the morning, how about reporting them to the police rather than trying to moronically force people on a Saxo forum against buying a launch control unit....!
Agreed they're useful on track. And that's about it.

I don't have any problems with my neighbours, and I never said that my neighbours use launch control. I'm only mentioning the occasional, not from the neighbourhood idiot who rags it and wakes everyone up at night in a 5 block radius. Please read my post again, except properly this time.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I can hardly figure how I'm possibly going to get out of bed, run round the corner and chase the guy on foot to find out what make of car it is, then make a call. Last time I checked, there's that thing called CCTV. Not my job to do their job which I paid for through my taxes in the first place.

Last but not least, a disclaimer. I'm not moronically forcing or restraining anyone from buying anything on these forums. If anyone feels like they've been moronically forced by me into not purchasing any sort of car part, please feel free to let me know.
Old 23rd April 2013, 11:32   #31
Rossp
Super Moderator
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberContent ContributorSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Quote:
Last but not least, a disclaimer. I'm not moronically forcing or restraining anyone from buying anything on these forums. If anyone feels like they've been moronically forced by me into not purchasing any sort of car part, please feel free to let me know.
tbh, I hope between us we've moronically forced at least SOME people into not buying HID's to retrofit into standard saxo headlights
Old 23rd April 2013, 20:54   #32
Manu
Saxperience Addict

Not to mention angel lights that light up jack shit.

As in my previous post: it's your car. If you wish to downgrade or sound louder for the sake of good looks. It's your car. Just, don't wake me up with your pop pop pop piece of shit at 3am in the weekend. And my neighbours and their kids for that matter.
Old 23rd April 2013, 23:53   #33
dontpannic
Infrequent Poster
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS, Fiesta ST
dontpannic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Not to mention angel lights that light up jack shit.

As in my previous post: it's your car. If you wish to downgrade or sound louder for the sake of good looks. It's your car. Just, don't wake me up with your pop pop pop piece of shit at 3am in the weekend. And my neighbours and their kids for that matter.
Alright, I won't use it near your house, unless you live near a track.
dontpannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 23:58   #34
m4tt274
Saxperience Forum Bum

pffft everyone is doing track days at 3am
Old 24th April 2013, 07:02   #35
Pricklep
Saxperience Hardcore!
North East Region Member

Car(s): Citroen Saxo VTS, S60 D5
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
Prickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to beholdPrickle is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4tt274 View Post
£80 isnt a lot though really is it
Mr Iam Rich here.

Pointless piece of crap
Prickle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Prickle For This Useful Post:
Old 24th April 2013, 09:08   #36
Rossp
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prickle View Post
Mr Iam Rich here.

Pointless piece of crap
/thread.
Old 26th April 2013, 10:31   #37
Manu
Saxperience Addict