Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 1st March 2013, 19:03   #1
HD7
Regular Poster

Car(s): '99 Golf GT TDi
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
HD7 is on a distinguished road
Default Wiring Issues

Went to fit my new speakers earlier and realised the old wiring is a bit hairy. Not how I expected it to be.

For example, I didnt have long but I pulled out the left door speaker and it has a green and pink wire going to it. On no diagrams I find does it have these listed together. And also on my old head unit, the balance would either make the sound go off or on and fading front/rear would make the left on or right on, so basically all wrong.

I had a quick peek inside the door and a bit stumped on where to start really. How do I run the wires through the door? As I had a play and it is a large connector that links the door, and its mighty tough to get your hands inside the door properly.

Cheers
HD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 09:01   #2
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Jizanthapus is on a distinguished road

The green and pink wires are right. Snip off the connector and wire it straight to your new speaker. Not sure which is neg and pos so just make sure you do both sides the same and it should be fine.
Jizanthapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 14:21   #3
HD7
Regular Poster

So why are the fade and balance settings funny on the head unit? Is it wired into the back of there wrong? The wires are a bit shoddy and very thin, can I replace them with the cable I bought as it was hard to find where they start (even though I had only 10 mins)
Old 2nd March 2013, 17:36   #4
Scottp
Administrator
Content ContributorScotland Region Member

Car(s): Chelski Traktor
Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

Wire the speaker one way, listen then reverse and listen

One way will sound better than the other. Don't just wire then leave.

You could replace the speaker wire if you wanted to

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 21:14   #5
HD7
Regular Poster

Will it not blow fuses if + is connected to -?

Also, could anyone give me the correct colour wires that I should be seeing in each corner? The reason I bought the wire was to take it from the head unit right to the speakers, is this not possible?

Another question, the adaptor the head unit doesn't fit properly. Been looking around and is it a 16 pin sony harness I need? The head unit is the Sony MEX-BT2900 (i think haha!)
Old 3rd March 2013, 10:32   #6
Scottp
Administrator

Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!Scott is absolutely fabulous!

No it won't blow fuses. It will sound poorer as it will be out of phase if wired the wrong way round.

From memory the speaker wires are pink and green on the fronts and white and yellow at the rear. You can replace the whole lot if you want it's not hard

If you feel something untoward is being posted hit the button at the side of the post.
Old 3rd March 2013, 13:22   #7
HD7
Regular Poster

Okay cool. How do you run it through the joint on the door?
Old 3rd March 2013, 13:26   #8
Scottp
Administrator

Drill a hole, paint the bare metal then bung a rubber grommet in. Not sure if there is room in the multiplug to drill a hole to feed through.

Personally I wouldn't bother unless your going real high spec audiophile stuff.

Old 3rd March 2013, 21:16   #9
HD7
Regular Poster

Okay thanks