Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Saxo In Car Entertainment (ICE) & Security This forum should be used to chat about all things relating to in-car entertainment...

Old 22nd March 2013, 16:09   #1
jamie1994
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): saxo 1.1 desire, saxo vts, Subaru impreza
jamie1994 is on a distinguished road
Default sound system

what are the best makes of amps, subs, and speakers? im looking at buting a 8000w mono running a sub with 0 gauge cable and 2000w running door speakers and im not putting in 6X9s as i will get interferiance?
jamie1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 16:25   #2
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1994 View Post
what are the best makes of amps, subs, and speakers? im looking at buting a 8000w mono running a sub with 0 gauge cable and 2000w running door speakers and im not putting in 6X9s as i will get interferiance?
Take a read of the sticky threads. there's tonnes of advice (some by myself) on what brands / etc work well together - just as a starter to provide some background information.

Secondly, I'm guessing when you say 8000w, you mean peak power, and the same goes for the 2000w door speakers. Without sounding rude, I get the impression you don't know too much about audio - which is why there's tonnes of good guides in the section to provide a bit of advice

thirdly, if there's a sub in the boot and decent speakers up front, then you are right, there's no need for 6x9's

If you want more specific advice on what gear might suit you best, post up your budget... and what you want out of it (as loud as possible, pure sound quality, etc)

And finally, remember in that budget a lot of the cost is often wiring / sound deadening / box for the subs etc etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 16:35   #3
huggy54
Established Member

iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
huggy54 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyp View Post
Take a read of the sticky threads. there's tonnes of advice (some by myself) on what brands / etc work well together - just as a starter to provide some background information.

Secondly, I'm guessing when you say 8000w, you mean peak power, and the same goes for the 2000w door speakers. Without sounding rude, I get the impression you don't know too much about audio - which is why there's tonnes of good guides in the section to provide a bit of advice

thirdly, if there's a sub in the boot and decent speakers up front, then you are right, there's no need for 6x9's

If you want more specific advice on what gear might suit you best, post up your budget... and what you want out of it (as loud as possible, pure sound quality, etc)

And finally, remember in that budget a lot of the cost is often wiring / sound deadening / box for the subs etc etc.
Ashleyp its starting all over again

Last edited by huggy54; 22nd March 2013 at 16:37.
huggy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 16:37   #4
jamie1994
Infrequent Poster

no i dont much at all but i was at cruise and some guy had a 8000w peak amp but dont know what watt sub? and i disconnect the rear speakers as they will just blow when you turn them up really loud.
Old 22nd March 2013, 16:40   #5
Ashleyp
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!Ashleyp is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggy54 View Post
Ashleyp its starting all over again

Starting what?

If the dude's able to post up how much he's willing to spend, someone can offer him advice on what might suit him best. And as I say, there's tonnes of threads offering knowledge on what all the figures / brands etc are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_saxo View Post
some lad pulled up a type R, and had a sticker on the back. If it ain't jap it's crap. I thought what a bender
Ashleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 16:46   #6
Jizanthapus
Saxperience Forum Bum
North East Region Member

Jizanthapus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
no i dont much at all but i was at cruise and some guy had a 8000w peak amp but dont know what watt sub? and i disconnect the rear speakers as they will just blow when you turn them up really loud.
It won't be 8000w. The only number you need to worry about is the RMS wattage. Get an amp and sub that have near enough matching RMS figures and you can't go far wrong.
A single 200-400w RMS sub with an amp to match will give you plenty enough bass, so 8000w would be very unnecessary and just ridiculous.

For your first system (I'm guessing), JBL will be the brand you want to be buying and its fairly cheap and does the job well. Have a look at some of the deals on here: http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...amp-deals.html
Jizanthapus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2013, 16:46   #7
jamie1994
Infrequent Poster

i am willing to spend around 500- 800 pounds on a sound system, all i can really afford