Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Saxo Engine/Performance

Saxo Engine/Performance If you're interested in tuning Saxo engines, or if you need to know something which is engine related... this is the place for you.

Old 11th November 2018, 19:53   #41
Crocko2
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo VTS track car Mercedes A45 AMG Nissan Qashqai
Crocko2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexy_gt View Post
completely removed a rack with the engine and inlet (16v) on once. if it wasn't for a mate helping it would not of happened lol
Well I bought a new set of extended hex keys thinking that would help, but still no joy!

I'm worried that taking more stuff - inlet manifold etc is above my skill set... and likely to result in some further wreaking of stuff.

Gotta get the power steering out though. I can't be defeated by this!!!
Crocko2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2019, 18:49   #42
Crocko2
L-plater

Car(s): Saxo VTS track car Mercedes A45 AMG Nissan Qashqai
Crocko2 is on a distinguished road

Well I have just returned to attempt this again after 3 months of modding work. And surprise surprise I still cannot get the ram out!!! Have tried drilling the bolt but just isn't enough room to gain access. I cannot believe how fiddly this simple task is!! There must be an obvious thing I am missing!?
I understand there are just 2 bolts holding the ram in. As I am ditching the pas I'm not too worried about butchering the thread or anything, but as access is so limited, I can't even smash it with an oversized torx bit...
I assume the metal piping is all connected to the ram and nothing needs to be 're-bolted' after I get the 2 bolts out?
Crocko2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 23:29   #43
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Yes the bolt that holds the ram nearest the drivers side will need to be re-used or a new bolt put in its place.

It's a fine pitch thread bolt too, I want to say it's M10x1.25 and about 50mm long.

Not sure about the other end, it's been so long I can't even remember now.