Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Track / Motorsport Prep'
Register Member Photo AlbumsBlogs FAQ Calendar Experience

Track / Motorsport Prep' This forum is for technical discussions about track / motorsport preparation. Posting rights have restricted to select usergroups. If you wish to contribute to discussions within this forum, request acceptance from the usergroup leader from your User CP.

Old 9th January 2011, 14:55   #81
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): Seat Mii Toca/VW Polo Gti 6c 1.8 turbo
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

FIND IT!!! lol
hard_corejoeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 15:09   #82
adamskiTNR
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Citroen saxo 1.4 furio
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
adamskiTNR is on a distinguished road

Are people still insistent that it will actually work. should start a new thread in the styling section
Old 9th January 2011, 16:02   #83
benkelsall
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral Counties Region MemberCentral South Region MemberWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

benkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of lightbenkelsall is a glorious beacon of light

If your car was really really low and then fitted a metal sheet of some kind under the whole car, you think that would help the aerodynamics?
benkelsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2011, 16:43   #84
adamskiTNR
Saxperience Forum Bum

it would work, but it wouldn't really make sense. as being that low all the geometry would be off, as most know going low is not good for handling on a saxo due to this
Old 9th January 2011, 17:00   #85
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

hard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of lighthard_corejoeboy is a glorious beacon of light

There's a way of changing the suspension to suit though.
Old 9th January 2011, 17:22   #86
adamskiTNR
Saxperience Forum Bum

i said geometry. good luck changing that with off the shelf parts
Old 10th January 2011, 09:21   #87
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Some one did it with a golf had it stupidly low and modified everything to suit. Im not a mechanic or a student or anything in fact so i've no idea how. Im just a driver
Old 10th January 2011, 10:32   #88
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo's, Corsa (Daily)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
AndySAXO is on a distinguished road

Got to think about the angles of the drive shafts when lowering as too low you will get a bad angle and lose more power though the drive shafts, only way woe be drop the engine itself down but that not godod as that be too low then, Saxo dnt want to be to low max for handling would be 30 mm really and the back end about 25mm to keep it at the right angle.
AndySAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 10:53   #89
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Thats me buggered as im 40 all round lol
Old 10th January 2011, 11:08   #90
kristel10589
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!

Also got to remember that the lower you go on the back the longer the wheelbase will be and closer the tyre will be to the rear bumper and also that you would have less travel in the shock on bump.

The front struts would have to be fully custom to keep the right amount of camber, the steering arm the correct height and the driveshafts at correct level and to get enough travel in the damper.

Then after all that you still have only 120bhp standard so it would still do fuck all. If you tune your car to high heaven and can make use of any aero package then you would already be running slicks. I wonder how many people have run full slicks with no grooves? I wonder how many people here have tyre warmers to get the most out of them? Even if you have done all the above, with aero I wonder how many people can keep the mentality that you got to go faster round a corner then in a car with no aero devices and keep the warmth in the tyres etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. Its endless and totally not worth it. you'd be better off going out and buying a single/2 seater with aero devices already and with slicks.

Then theres the maintanance that comes with slicks...............................
kristel10589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 11:09   #91
kristel10589
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepCentral South Region Member

iTrader Score: 14 (100%)
kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!kristel10589 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
Thats me buggered as im 40 all round lol
Unless youyr lewis hamilton I'd concentrate on driving technique etc before worrying about your car being 10mm too low!!!!!!!
kristel10589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2011, 22:52   #92
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Thats what i've been doing. I know the principles just gotta keep doing em rightr lol
Old 10th January 2011, 23:34   #93
Saaamon
Established Member

Saaamon is on a distinguished road

Why bother...
Old 11th January 2011, 06:47   #94
Dave_P
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Race: 106 Rallye 16v. Road: Mercedes Vito 120 CDI
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Dave_P is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristel10589 View Post
the warmth in the tyres etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. Its endless and totally not worth it.

Then theres the maintanance that comes with slicks...............................
Clearly you've never driven a car on slicks... And it sounds like you've been listening to too many gp commentators.

My car incurs no extra maintenance as a result of using slicks.
Dave_P is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave_P For This Useful Post:
Old 11th January 2011, 07:34   #95
JoshB
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 2010 E92 320i MSport
iTrader Score: 5 (100%)
JoshB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Also got to remember that the lower you go on the back the longer the wheelbase will be

Eh? How the hell can lowering a car change the wheelbase? The travel in the rear beam may lengthen it my a few mm, but nothing even worth considering.

--------------------------------
Ooooh, Shiney!
JoshB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 08:05   #96
AndySAXOp
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Anglia Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Saxo's, Corsa (Daily)
iTrader Score: 17 (100%)
AndySAXO is on a distinguished road

I only said 30 as a rule 40mm would be ok but look at your drive shaft see the angle they are coming from the gearbox there will be power lose due to the angles, as the steering there nore stress on that too when too low.

And other matey need to learn more in a guess.
AndySAXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2011, 10:59   #97
KamRacing
Saxperience Addict
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Corolla AE86 Peugeot 205 B18C (in bits)
iTrader Score: 16 (100%)
KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!KamRacing is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Also got to remember that the lower you go on the back the longer the wheelbase will be and closer the tyre will be to the rear bumper and also that you would have less travel in the shock on bump.

The front struts would have to be fully custom to keep the right amount of camber, the steering arm the correct height and the driveshafts at correct level and to get enough travel in the damper.

Then after all that you still have only 120bhp standard so it would still do fuck all. If you tune your car to high heaven and can make use of any aero package then you would already be running slicks. I wonder how many people have run full slicks with no grooves? I wonder how many people here have tyre warmers to get the most out of them? Even if you have done all the above, with aero I wonder how many people can keep the mentality that you got to go faster round a corner then in a car with no aero devices and keep the warmth in the tyres etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. Its endless and totally not worth it. you'd be better off going out and buying a single/2 seater with aero devices already and with slicks.

Theres plenty of low powered cars running slicks. BHP does not help you on the corners! Tyre warmers are pretty much only used by F1 and other top level motorsport and are banned from most others. Theres plenty of people using slicks without. You just choose the correct compound and tyre pressure for your needs.
Slicks will put a greater load on suspension components but I doubt many people are using slicks on standard rubber mountings..
KamRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 21:32   #98
106TURBO
Regular Poster

Car(s): 106 turbo and 306 turbo
106TURBO has a little shameless behaviour in the past

just make one like I did, am thinking of getting mine copied to sell off if theres enough interest. Mines starts from the front of the fuel tank along then sweeps up to meet the back bumper.
106TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2011, 22:45   #99
hard_corejoeboy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 106TURBO View Post
just make one like I did, am thinking of getting mine copied to sell off if theres enough interest. Mines starts from the front of the fuel tank along then sweeps up to meet the back bumper.
I'd need some kind of pictures/materials you used before i could have any idea about where to start. Yes you should definately get some copies of yours! But for a saxo!
Old 18th January 2011, 18:55   #100
106TURBO
Regular Poster

Car(s): 106 turbo and 306 turbo
106TURBO has a little shameless behaviour in the past

whos to say there isnt already one the same as mine been copied for a saxo...
106TURBO is offline   Reply With Quote