Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > Citroen Saxo Related Forums > Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports > Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports

Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports Please share photos/videos of your non saxo in this forum.

Old 27th August 2012, 09:03   #141
xsi16v
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport PrepEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): 374 bhp Supercharged 205 GTI, Passat Estate
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
xsi16v is on a distinguished road

Went to dynodaze rolling road day yesterday. Wanted to see what the recent changes have made to the power.

Because it makes max power at the limiter i can adjust the power to what i want. The car made well over 340bhp when mapped but i only ever quoted figures of what the car made with the lowered limit (306bhp@7000rpm) Now i have sorted the inlet temps issue i was happy to raise the limiter back upto 8000rpm for the rolling road day.

Since it was last on the rollers for mapping i have made 3 changes

1) smaller exhaust system 2.5" insted of 3"
2) Bigger air filter pipe on the inlet of the charger
3) Raise the limiter

I was expecting 330-340bhp so was a bit shocked when this happened

374bhp so with the current weight thats 458bhp per ton
xsi16v is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xsi16v For This Useful Post:
Old 27th August 2012, 09:11   #142
scottie_436
Regular Poster
Track / Motorsport Prep

scottie_436 is on a distinguished road

Awesome matt
Old 27th August 2012, 09:13   #143
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

What a beast!!!

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2012, 09:28   #144
xsi16v
Regular Poster

cheers lads. Got some vids of your car josh, want me to upload onto fb or your project thread?
Old 27th August 2012, 09:31   #145
harry289
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Icelandic Grey Saxo VTR
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
harry289 is on a distinguished road

Nice flame too
Old 27th August 2012, 13:02   #146
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): 106 gti/ SEAT LCR
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

So you've fitted a smaller exhaust??
Old 27th August 2012, 13:21   #147
xsi16v
Regular Poster

Yes, first 1 was a overkill at 3". Been told by a few race exhaust builders that 2.5 is plenty big enough for 400 when no turbo is involved

I still have 3" off the manifold and about 600-800mm of downpipe
Old 27th August 2012, 16:14   #148
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

dannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team memberdannygti is a well respected team member

Yea id say anymore power you'll be wanting 3" through.. Otherwise you will start reatricting it which will make it much louder. What sort of silencer/backbox arrangement have you got? Is it still too loud?
Old 27th August 2012, 17:12   #149
mk1vts1
Infrequent Poster

mk1vts1 is on a distinguished road

that is just a demon! love it!!!
mk1vts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mk1vts1 For This Useful Post:
Old 27th August 2012, 17:36   #150
xsi16v
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygti View Post
Yea id say anymore power you'll be wanting 3" through.. Otherwise you will start reatricting it which will make it much louder. What sort of silencer/backbox arrangement have you got? Is it still too loud?
There will never be anymore, im actually dropping the limiter back down to a sensible 7250rpm. No point in having all that power and popping a rod through the block after a few laps. Dont forget this is a standard engine running standard compression I think my mapper was spot on though, forged engine would see 450bhp easily. Food for thought haha.

As for exhasust size, i was told the opposite. Smaller bore will be quieter, seems to make sence to me. Unless its far too small and causing massive restriction like you said??.

Using the same size boxes (as big as i can fit) it actually dropped the noise by 11 db static. Theres obviously more packing on a box with a 2.5" bore than a 3" so that will help!.

Anyway, i was fine at cadwell but its 105db there and they dont really enforce it. A lot of people commented on how loud it was so i have (REVISION 3) exhaust being delivered tomorrow. Had enough of f*cking about with straight through boxes so im going for a chambered design.
Old 27th August 2012, 17:46   #151
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsi16v View Post
There will never be anymore, im actually dropping the limiter back down to a sensible 7250rpm. No point in having all that power and popping a rod through the block after a few laps. Dont forget this is a standard engine running standard compression I think my mapper was spot on though, forged engine would see 450bhp easily. Food for thought haha.

As for exhasust size, i was told the opposite. Smaller bore will be quieter, seems to make sence to me. Unless its far too small and causing massive restriction like you said??.

Using the same size boxes (as big as i can fit) it actually dropped the noise by 11 db static. Theres obviously more packing on a box with a 2.5" bore than a 3" so that will help!.

Anyway, i was fine at cadwell but its 105db there and they dont really enforce it. A lot of people commented on how loud it was so i have (REVISION 3) exhaust being delivered tomorrow. Had enough of f*cking about with straight through boxes so im going for a chambered design.
Are the engines expensive? If not just buy a block and build it up over time..can never have too much power and I told you a way to make it more drivable even though you have more power..

Restriction is bad, the energy that would of been used to expell the gasses is now being turned into heat and sound energy.. That's only if there's a restriction like you say..

I'm making me a new exhaust soon, that will also be a challenge to keep quiet but I have a plan
Old 27th August 2012, 17:56   #152
xsi16v
Regular Poster

not really expensive, ill pick one up if its going cheap!.

Tbh, im fed up with exhausts now. Dont know how other people dont have the same problem on s/c cars. Its different with turbo's as they drop the noise by a fair amount.
Thats why im just going to bite the bullet and fit a chambered box, if it losses a few ponies i dont care, its almost certain to work and at least its not going to cause me any more issues at trackdays.
Old 27th August 2012, 18:00   #153
dannygti
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport Prep

If you have plenty of space under the boot floor then it's easy, just fit a twin loop backbox but the biggest you can fit in.. Or get a custom made box done similar to what you'd find on m3's, porsche's
Old 27th August 2012, 18:32   #154
xsi16v
Regular Poster

thats REV 3
Old 27th August 2012, 23:07   #155
jpsaxo
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepWest Midlands Region MemberEast Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Mango Westcoast
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!jpsaxo is as cool as a cucumber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsi16v View Post
cheers lads. Got some vids of your car josh, want me to upload onto fb or your project thread?
Can you send them to me on iMessage mate? It's free so won't cost you anything

My 2015 Project thread ---> http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...202333&page=45
jpsaxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2012, 10:05   #156
Proffitt
Saxperience Post Whore
North Wales Region Member

Car(s): e46 M Sport
iTrader Score: 10 (100%)
Proffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant futureProffitt has a brilliant future

Amazing build

Cymru am Byth
Proffitt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Proffitt For This Useful Post:
Old 18th January 2013, 11:31   #157
xsi16v
Regular Poster

While i have 5 mins i thought i'd update the thread.

Towards the end of last year i finally mananged to build an exhaust that keeps the noise under 98db. I had no choice other than to fit a chambered style box. It has added some extra weight but needs must!!. Unfortunately on the same day i tested the exhaust i stripped the teeth off 3rd in my gearbox at Donnington

Exhaust

Gearbox damage

After replacing the gearbox i booked another day at Donnington just before xmas. After about 5 hot laps........

Ohhh Dear

I knew this would happen sooner or later asking so much of a standard engine!. I was very suprised to see the piston has actually come off the rod, i was expecting the usual snapped rod or rod bolt.

A new forged engine is in the process of being spec'd, there isn't much on the market for these engines so it will all be custom 1 off parts. I wont go into spec untill its built but im expecting well into the 400 bhp mark.

While i wait for the engine i have a few alterations to do on the car so i can put the extra power on the tarmac. Ill be looking at changing spring rates, fitting adjustable lower arms and rear turrets.

New wheels aswell....

16x8 Revolutions (225/45/16 tyres) and wide arch kit

Should provide the extra grip required

Last edited by xsi16v; 18th January 2013 at 11:46.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xsi16v For This Useful Post:
Old 18th January 2013, 11:38   #158
Chr15
Saxperience Addict
South East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): ITB'd Saxo VTS & Mazda 6 MPS
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
Chr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura aboutChr15 has a spectacular aura about

It was overdue forged internals anyway

Loving it!
Chr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2013, 13:15   #159
crisppug

Car(s): 106 gti s2
crisppug is on a distinguished road

That engine did well diddent it realy. Was great to see you at donnington them few times matt,jee those mods sure will make it even more of an animal �� hopefully see you soon bud. Lets hope between us we have some reliable track days.
crisppug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to crisppug For This Useful Post:
Old 18th January 2013, 16:17   #160
AlexBp
West Midlands
Track / Motorsport Prep

West Midlands Region Member

Car(s): Supra,civic GL
iTrader Score: 9 (100%)
AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!AlexB is absolutely fabulous!

matt

those rims

this makes me want to get my 205 started even more now
only had it 3 years haha....
oh really.....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AlexB For This Useful Post: