Mobile Devices: Lite Theme Citroën: Citroën Trader | Saxo Trader | C2 Trader Peugeot: Peugeot Trader | 106 Trader Enthusiast: Saxperience

Go Back   Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum > General Forums > Newbies Forum...

Newbies Forum... This is a place for new members to pop in and say Hi... Don't be shy.

Old 17th April 2018, 16:08   #1
Bodeka
L-plater

Bodeka is on a distinguished road
Default Few Saxo Noises and Issues

Got myself a Saxo VTR 01, first car so I'm shitting myself about noises and problems I'm having, here they are:

1) When I start it up and pull off, the engine squeaks when i accelerate and and depress the clutch, goes after a few minutes.

2) When I press the throttle just a centimeter in second or first gear (to maintain my speed), the car judders and doesn't accelerate smoothly.

3) The car will have difficulty going into second and first gear sometimes, requires force.

Are these major problems? Are they common faults? What needs replacing? How much?

Any info would be appreciated, cheers for all your advice
Bodeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2018, 16:53   #2
Ben_SaxoForte
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Mk5 Golf GTTDI Mk2 VTR Project
Ben_SaxoForte is on a distinguished road

1) sounds like the clutch release bearing - i did about 60k miles in my saxo and it was fine so i left it.. (you'd need to remove the gearbox and replace it to fix the noise) but also check the alternator belt as it could just be that.
2)Could be a few things, fueling, spark plugs, map sensor, coil pack.. you'd need to get someone to check it over really.
3)The gear linkages often go bad on these so its quite likely that they may need replacing there is also a pin on the gearbox arm which wears out and creates slop in the gear stick and cause issues getting into gears. it also could be a gearbox issue but i'd say its more than likely the linkages, cheap fix.. the pin is like 30p and linkages can be had for 20-30 quid.

and to answer your question i'd say yes most of those faults are pretty common with saxo's and anyone that knows about them should'nt have too much problem fixing it.
Ben_SaxoForte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2018, 08:05   #3
naddy37

naddy37 is on a distinguished road

I had issue 2 on my little 1.1. Change of plugs etc sorted it. Top of plugs were a bit manky rusty green, so obviously wasn’t making a good contact.

Went for the cheap fix option as opposed to the expensive coil pack!
naddy37 is offline   Reply With Quote